Adjusting macros on "off" days?

Body_weight02

This question may very well show my ignorance on diet, but does anyone lower their calories on rest days to offset the less calories being burned? Or are you better off just staying consistent week to week?

yes... you should do a reduction on days off... but thats assuming that your calories are in the right place already..

for example.. if youre cutting at 3000 calories.. you would reduce to 2600 calories by simply removing your post workout nutrition on days you dont work out.. given that your post workout nutrition is correct..

usually post workout nutrition will range between 200-400 calories.. if youre having the correct protein and carb intake post workout removing it will reduce your calories correctly..

again, this is all assumption on a proper diet being used

yes... you should do a reduction on days off... but thats assuming that your calories are in the right place already..

for example.. if youre cutting at 3000 calories.. you would reduce to 2600 calories by simply removing your post workout nutrition on days you dont work out.. given that your post workout nutrition is correct..

usually post workout nutrition will range between 200-400 calories.. if youre having the correct protein and carb intake post workout removing it will reduce your calories correctly..

again, this is all assumption on a proper diet being used

Copy on that, thanks 3j. Shamefully diet is something I've neglected...or neglected to put forth the effort to learn properly. I am prepping for my 3rd cycle and feel I wasted my 1st 2 because of my poor diet and am not going to let myself make the same mistake again.

I adjust my Macros's on a Daily Basis.

This is why I mostly Carb-Cycle.

It allows you to Increase or Decrease your Macros according to your Daily Energy Expenditure........................ JP

Back