Afib or heart palpitations while on TRT or AAS

theheat

Has anyone had heart palpatations or developed Afib whIle on TRT or AAS? If, what caused the symptoms to appear?

I was thinking that high hematocrit or blood volume would increase BP and possibly cause Afib, but it's just speculation. I wanted to know if anyone knows a direct cause and effect.

I know Equipoise is the higher of the steroid world that can cause polycythemia. Stimulants like caffeine and cold medicines can trigger symptoms. I believe high testosterone can cause it (increasing RBC and other factors) as well as low testosterone (weight gain/diabetes).

Thing is, nobody knows what causes it. There are many things that lead to it, even genetics. I would keep my eye on it and take 81mg of aspirin a day to help thin the blood.

If anything, it sounds like a Spike in Blood Pressure.
Which can be quite common on Cycle for some users.

Have you checked your BP.
Also, are you Tracking your Sodium Intake, as Excess Sodium while On-Cycle, will lead to Water Retention.
And the Bloating will cause a spike in BP.

And Elevated Estrogen will cause BP issues also.
Which AI are you taking, How much, and how often................................... JP
P.S.
Do some Bloodwork to be sure.
No sense in going round thinking this or that.
Know for certain what's going on in your Body, and then you can Remedy the Situation.

You can do the Female Hormone Panel to save some money (put male in the box).
Through any of the Online Lab Services.

I've been on TRT for years and it just came on all of a sudden after a blast. One moring I had an irregular heartbeat all morning, and then when I went to the Dr my BP was 116/64 and nothing showed up on an EKG at all. Of course several hours later it came back. I'm not panicking, as I've had it happen at other points in my life and it went away on its own, however I wanted to see if anyone has ever had similar symptoms and whether or not it was related to test or other compounds/hormones.

The PCT I'm on now is 50mg Clomid, .5mg Adex, and 250IUs of HCG per day. I still do a PCT on HRT 2x a year to preserve some function in case I have to go off for some reason.

For me yes.....irregular heart beat, heavy pounding, shortness of breath. Talked to a doc and they suggested exactly what you said. Brought on by high hematocrit numbers and blood volume. Giving blood helped me immensely

For me yes.....irregular heart beat, heavy pounding, shortness of breath. Talked to a doc and they suggested exactly what you said. Brought on by high hematocrit numbers and blood volume. Giving blood helped me immensely

good to hear, so it never went irregular agian?

good to hear, so it never went irregular agian?

So far no problems. 2 months since giving blood. Gonna try to stay on a regular donation schedule to try and avoid further issues.

Just curious.......how long do you run pct before going back on your trt?

Last edited:
I'm just going to run a 30 day PCT and then restart HRT again. I'm sure of I stayed off my TT would plunmet back to around 400, whereas I want it around 1500.

I had the same heart palpatations along time ago after running A50, and I went to see a cardiologist who said I had no heart defects, just high hematocrit. It resolve itself as the RBC count slowly went back down. I'm sure I'm in the same situation now, but BW will confirm it......

If anything, it sounds like a Spike in Blood Pressure.
Which can be quite common on Cycle for some users.

Have you checked your BP.
Also, are you Tracking your Sodium Intake, as Excess Sodium while On-Cycle, will lead to Water Retention.
And the Bloating will cause a spike in BP.

And Elevated Estrogen will cause BP issues also.
Which AI are you taking, How much, and how often................................... JP
P.S.
Do some Bloodwork to be sure.
No sense in going round thinking this or that.
Know for certain what's going on in your Body, and then you can Remedy the Situation.

You can do the Female Hormone Panel to save some money (put male in the box).
Through any of the Online Lab Services.
this says it all very well.

Interesting article:

July 1, 2016 ***8212; Research has already shown that taking anabolic steroids is associated with high blood pressure and an increased risk of developing heart conditions such as left ventricular hypertrophy.
Now research, part-funded by the British Heart Foundation and presented at this year***8217;s British Cardiovascular Society conference, June 6-8 in Manchester, England, has shown that for some people misusing steroids can be particularly dangerous.
A team of researchers from the University of Birmingham (U.K.) have found evidence to suggest that, when taken by people with the inherited heart condition arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (ARVC), steroids could lead to changes in heart muscle structure and problems with the heart***8217;s electrical signals. These changes would then increase the likelihood that people taking steroids would suffer from atrial fibrillation, an abnormal heart rhythm disorder which is itself a major cause of stroke.
ARVC is caused by a mutation in one or more genes responsible for producing the proteins that hold the heart muscle together. The researchers gave dihydrotestosterone, an anabolic steroid commonly used to enhance athletic performance, to mice with a deficiency in one of these same proteins.
They found that, in these hearts, the electrical signal that tells the heart when to beat travelled around the heart more slowly than usual. This slowing down of electrical activity put these hearts at greater risk of dangerous abnormal heart rhythms, such as atrial fibrillation.
It is estimated that hundreds of thousands of people in the United Kingdom have used anabolic steroids for non-medical purposes in their lifetime. Anabolic steroids are prescription-only medicines that are sometimes taken without medical advice to increase muscle mass and improve athletic performance. If used in this way, they can cause serious side effects and addiction.
Larissa Fabritz, senior author and reader in cardiovascular sciences at the University of Birmingham, said, ***8220;With one in every five men joining a gym in the U.K. using performance-enhancing anabolic steroids the misuse of steroids is fast becoming an emerging global health problem. Our results show that the misuse of steroids could explain why seemingly healthy individuals are suffering from serious heart problems.***8221;
Jeremy Pearson, associate medical director at the British Heart Foundation, said, ***8220;This study reinforces the evidence that using anabolic steroids can have untoward and possibly dangerous side effects, particularly in those who, often unknowingly, have heart problems.***8221;

Last edited by a moderator:
Back