AI and sex drive

wood78221 said:
does any Aromatase inhibitor (AI) effect ones sex drive?

really depends on the drugs used, Aromatase inhibitor (AI) dosage and the individual

as noted above more often than not people do experience libido issues with letro. they are uncommon with aromasin. AIFM can increase sex drive but at higher doses it can also suppress it.

MattyBoy682 said:
AIFM = Increase Sex Drive
I would like to know more about this supplement everybody is raving about. Is there any studies done on this AIFM. What is it? I been reading on here that is more potent then Adex and Aromasin...

wood78221 said:
is AIFM the same as adex?

NO

arimidex is a competitive inhibitor, a weak cousin to letrozole

AIFM is a steroidal suicidal inhibitor, similar in action to aromasin (though not methylated, hence the transdermal delivery)

wood78221 said:
does any Aromatase inhibitor (AI) effect ones sex drive?
It will screw up your lipid profile. There was an article somewhere here before about AI's and damaging the lipid profile, had something to do with decreased estrogen levels which are necessary.

But then androgens also damage the lipid profile.

Max10 said:
I would like to know more about this supplement everybody is raving about. Is there any studies done on this AIFM. What is it? I been reading on here that is more potent then Adex and Aromasin...

there have been numerous studies on 1,4,6-androstatriene-3,17-dione, though it was never developed as a drug because it was not patentable or orally bioavailable (also the usefulness of AI's was not really discovered until relatively recently). Aromasin is to a great extent just a 6-methylated version of the active (which is what makes for the 24hr half life and relatively high oral bioavailability-- not to mention patentability)

pineapple said:
It will screw up your lipid profile. There was an article somewhere here before about AI's and damaging the lipid profile, had something to do with decreased estrogen levels which are necessary.

But then androgens also damage the lipid profile.

actually steroidal AI's have minimal if any impact (at least in studies), letrozole and arimidex on the other hand have been shown to have negative impact on lipids.

as a note- letrozole is a good drug if you need high level suppression. Aromasin is also a good choice, as is AIFM. Generally dont reccomend arimidex because of its suppression profile, strongly suppressing the weak estrogen estrone while weakly suppressing estradiol.

Too low of Estrogen= Bad for the male sex drive

So theoretically they could all cause issues.

estray said:
Too low of Estrogen= Bad for the male sex drive

So theoretically they could all cause issues.

very true, however more common with letrozole and arimidex because of their high level suppression of the weaker estrogen, estrone even at very low doses.

letro ALWAYS fucks up my sex drive. takes hcg to fix it back up. and yes AIFM seems to boost me too.

i ordered a bottle of aifm last week...will report on once product once received and put to use

macro said:
there have been numerous studies on 1,4,6-androstatriene-3,17-dione, though it was never developed as a drug because it was not patentable or orally bioavailable
So what is it? 1,4,6-androstatriene-3,17-dione?

Back