AI Question - Aromasin doesn't seem to be working

Tonyulous

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble dialing in my AI, and looking for some outside input. I'm 2.5ish weeks on a 500mg TestE cycle, with a high initial front-load (wanted to get levels up as quick as possible, used *****not allowed***), and after just a few days my dick stopped working, my blood pressure started to climb, gained water weight, insomnia, got emotional, etc. Obviously it seemed like high E2, so I started taking my Aromasin at 10mg/day. Unfortunately my symptoms have not gotten any better. I can get blood work in about 2 weeks, but I was hoping to improve this before then. Do you guys think I should up my dose? Maybe EOD I take 20mg instead of 10mg? That seems a bit high, but I don't want my heart to explode. Also, I'm skipping today's pin, to help prevent E2 levels from rising. Maybe I'll also grab some Dbol in case I do crash my E2 levels. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Milton I'm sorry about that, I thought links were allowed if they weren't sources. I didn't realize all links were banned.

Just to clarify: you are running 500mg T a week and are currently closing on week 3 with a “high front load” (How much is high?) and you didn’t start your AI until symptoms appeared...correct?
When it comes to controlling E consistency is a big deal. With you fluctuating your T dose that much you open yourself up for problems. Especially since you didn’t start your AI with your 1st pin. At this point skipping pins may even cause you more trouble since you now are dumping bunches of AI all at 1 time. This is assuming your AI is dosed correctly.
I’d say at this point just stop completely and try again after you get a little more educated on the subject or level out you T and AI then get labs done. Probably more than 1 set, spaced out a couple weeks.
Hopefully a more senior member will chime in
P.S. Adding d-bol would be a huge mistake

Just to clarify: you are running 500mg T a week and are currently closing on week 3 with a ***8220;high front load***8221; (How much is high?) and you didn***8217;t start your AI until symptoms appeared...correct?
When it comes to controlling E consistency is a big deal. With you fluctuating your T dose that much you open yourself up for problems. Especially since you didn***8217;t start your AI with your 1st pin. At this point skipping pins may even cause you more trouble since you now are dumping bunches of AI all at 1 time. This is assuming your AI is dosed correctly.
I***8217;d say at this point just stop completely and try again after you get a little more educated on the subject or level out you T and AI then get labs done. Probably more than 1 set, spaced out a couple weeks.
Hopefully a more senior member will chime in
P.S. Adding d-bol would be a huge mistake
Here is the dosing schedule that I followed:
(Test E dosage/Aromasin dosage)
1: 82/0
2: 125/0
3: 125/0
4: 125/0
5: 125/0
6: 125/0
7: 150/10
8: 0/10
9: 150/10
10: 0/10
11: 150/10
12: 0/10
13: 150/10
14: 0/10
15: 0/20
16: 0/20

Thanks for the advice, it was really dumb for me to not take the AI with the first dosage, but of course I listened to someone from the gym I used to go to who said "Don't listen to that bullshit that you've been reading online. I've done 5 cycles and I would never take AI with the first pin, you'll just crash your E2 from the start. Wait until week 2."

Oh and don't worry I wasn't going to add dbol now. I meant that if I crashed my E2 from all the AI I could use a little dbol to help bring it back. I got that idea from someone on here actually.

Relax with the mega dosing of aromasin. It's an AI SO it PREVENTS the aromatization of estrogen from happening.
You weren't taking the AI ( aromasin) therefore the testosterone aromatized into estrogen.
The AI you are now taking is only preventing testosterone from further aromatization .
The AI is NOT going to help you with you current problem which is high e2 levels but it is going to prevent the e2 levels from rising any further and it's going to make a huge impact on you e2 levels 1- 2 weeks from now.
If your experiencing problems like gyno then you need to start taking a SERM for a few days until your e2 levels come down abit

If it's just bloating and high blood pressure that your experiencing ( gyno will probably be next).. Then relax as the AI will do it's job and these symptoms will reside in a week or 2

Very interesting thread. I have never heard of aromisin in a pill at 10mg? All ours in my neck of the woods are dosed in 25mg tabs.
As far as your dosing I would increase it but others are saying not to... but if your feeling gyno symptoms I would probably squash your estrogen, your already having all the bad sides now any ways...
I would do a 3-2-1 regiment, take 3 letrozole caps (dosed a 2.5mg per cap) for first day, 2 caps second day, 1 cap the third day then wait two days after and then start on 25mg Aromisin and 20mg Nolvadex (daily) then after 5-7 days start to back it off.
Yes there are issues with zero estrogen but the pros absolutely out weigh the cons. Yes with zero estrogen you won’t grow and you will probably have sore joints and zero sex drive but it will come back up, vs dealing with high estrogen sides and gyno.
I would suggest if you feel gyno coming on do the 3-2-1 regiment and work it back from there. But if no gyno I would ride out the high E2 till your aromisin starts to work... personally if I was starting to get high estrogen symptoms I don’t think 10mg would do much, I have taken 150mg a day before trying to combat a knuckle-head move by taking way too much t400 (2.5 ml a week gave me high estrogen like a nut), (me too listened to a gym bro... stupid!)
I’ve read guys taking 100-200mg daily on forums, but who knows if that’s true or not.
I have read studies on women where they have taken 800mg daily for 2 years with no negative issues besides low estrogen, again who knows how true that is.
Best of luck mate!

By the way how high is your blood pressure?
Dr. JOHN Bergman does a great lecture on YouTube about understanding blood pressure, might give you some peace of mind, we are always told that anything over 120/80 is high but is it really?.. so how much can we actually take before we have problems?... ever do squats or ride a bicycle and take your blood pressure?
I have, my blood pressure during low weight high rep squats 40 reps (@ 35 reps) was 265/105 and riding my bike was 185/100, so if your blood pressure is 135/95 that’s not that high especially if your taking hormones, trying doing some breath exercises it will totally come down.
Best of luck mate!

By the way how high is your blood pressure?
Dr. JOHN Bergman does a great lecture on YouTube about understanding blood pressure, might give you some peace of mind, we are always told that anything over 120/80 is high but is it really?.. so how much can we actually take before we have problems?... ever do squats or ride a bicycle and take your blood pressure?
I have, my blood pressure during low weight high rep squats 40 reps (@ 35 reps) was 265/105 and riding my bike was 185/100, so if your blood pressure is 135/95 that***8217;s not that high especially if your taking hormones, trying doing some breath exercises it will totally come down.
Best of luck mate!

I***8217;ve seen some of Bergman***8217;s stuff on YouTube and he***8217;s so right!!! They keep the BP guidelines low in the U.S. for the simple fact that it sells more pills for big pharma.

It’s pretty crazy, selling more statins for profits, not for health benefits.

I***8217;ve seen some of Bergman***8217;s stuff on YouTube and he***8217;s so right!!! They keep the BP guidelines low in the U.S. for the simple fact that it sells more pills for big pharma.

It’s pretty crazy, selling more statins for profits, not for health benefits.

Yeah think of how much money big pharma is making every time the BP guidelines get lowered there ends up being millions of people that need meds that didn’t before.

It just baffles me why most doctors don’t ask themselves why people get HB verses just regulating the HB itself... absolutely no logic.

Yeah think of how much money big pharma is making every time the BP guidelines get lowered there ends up being millions of people that need meds that didn’t before.

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble dialing in my AI, and looking for some outside input. I'm 2.5ish weeks on a 500mg TestE cycle, with a high initial front-load (wanted to get levels up as quick as possible, used *****not allowed***), and after just a few days my dick stopped working, my blood pressure started to climb, gained water weight, insomnia, got emotional, etc. Obviously it seemed like high E2, so I started taking my Aromasin at 10mg/day. Unfortunately my symptoms have not gotten any better. I can get blood work in about 2 weeks, but I was hoping to improve this before then. Do you guys think I should up my dose? Maybe EOD I take 20mg instead of 10mg? That seems a bit high, but I don't want my heart to explode. Also, I'm skipping today's pin, to help prevent E2 levels from rising. Maybe I'll also grab some Dbol in case I do crash my E2 levels. What do you guys think?
whats your bp at bro? how high is it?

All in your head :) 2.5 weeks isn't long enough to do everything you are experiencing.

OR..... your E2 is actually low. 2.5 weeks is long enough for that to happen for sure. I think your buddy was correct and we agree, it is best to wait a couple weeks to start your AI when you start a TRT regimen.

Hope this helps.

From my understanding its kinda impossible to crash e2 with aromasin, even off cycle.
But 10mg / ed is pretty low for 500mg / week.
Terminal halflife is also only 9 hours so should take twice per day.

Everyone is different but I needed 0.20mg adex AND 20mg aromasin ED to control my e2 at your doses (did i crash it, sure, but that was stupidity from my side cuz I felt so good on both of them, for a while...)

Here is the dosing schedule that I followed:
(Test E dosage/Aromasin dosage)
1: 82/0
2: 125/0
3: 125/0
4: 125/0
5: 125/0
6: 125/0
7: 150/10
8: 0/10
9: 150/10
10: 0/10
11: 150/10
12: 0/10
13: 150/10
14: 0/10
15: 0/20
16: 0/20

I put in the dosage days you listed with Test E at 10 day half life. Your blood level curve looks like this:

View attachment 567604

FYI at 500/w E you would level out at 70 ish at steady state. So your frontload was really effective, you were almost up to full level after two weeks.

The AI dosing is all over the place, rule of thumb is around 12.5 mg asin EOD for 500 Test E so 10 EOD is perhaps a bit low, but not much. With that frontload ramp up you should have started from day #1. If you want to keep going with this try 5mg ED and do 250mg 2x/wk with the E. But the only way to know for sure is blood testing.

Back