Allergic Reaction to Tren A - Hives and rash

Troder65

First run with Tren A. Tried Tren E a few years ago, but didn't tolerate it, so dropped it.

I'm an older guy and decided to hop back on with Robert's 2on/4off. Buddy of mine was using Tren A, said no sides compared to to Tren E for him, so I decided to try.

Light cycle:

Days 1 - 5 10mg TrenA/30mg TestP ED - no problems so bumped to
Days 6 - 7 20mg TrenA/30mg TestP ED - no problems so bumped to
Days 8 - 13 30mg TrenA/30mg TestP ED

My 13th pin (next to last) was on a Saturday. Pinned (around noon), no issues. Worked out that afternoon.

That night the rash started. Red welts coming and going all over my body, itching like crazy.

In the morning still there, so went to the urgent care first thing, diagnosed with hives, given a course of prednisone and told to take anti-histamines (Zyrtec).

This was a Sunday. Waited until Wednesday to start the pred.

It is now day 10 since they started, last pred pill tomorrow, still on double dose Zyrtec.

Much better, but if I rub or lightly scratch, I still get a red rash (dermatographism). Doesn't really itch anymore though.

Better because better? Or better because of the pred/Zyrtec?

Anyone else deal with this? Shit was insane itchy for the first few days.

Contact my source. Tren A is MCT, no EO.

I didn't do my last pin. Started chlomid PCT. On second week of that, 50mg Chlomid EOD. One week to go.

Suggestions? Ideas? Help....

I've never heard of that happening with Trenbolone. Could it be heat rash that you are experiencing?

No, not heat rash. Working out, run in the heat (Florida), hot showers, no issue. It's caused by rubbing or scratching my skin. In the beginning, even fairly light touches or rubs would raise a red rash. Now it takes a bit more pressure, but still.

Kinda worried about when I finished the pred and start weaning off Zyrtec.

Did the whole Google thing, found other people who say they experienced the same thing. Some rashes resolved, some guys still dealing with it weeks/months and in one case even years later.

Updating just in case other people run into the same issue.

Day 10 and the dermatographism (pressure response rash and hives) is a better, but still there.

I was dosing Zyrtec at double the package dose, 10mg every 12 hours. Also loading up on supplements that are supposed to help with hives: vitamin D3, Lysine, Niacin, Quercetin, Fish oil.

Last night I cut the Zyrtec dosage in half, 5mg last night, 5mg this morning.

I also took my last Prednisone this morning. Doc had me do:

Days 1-3, 20mg 2x per day
Days 4-7 20 mg 1x per day

I started the Prednisone on day 4.

We'll see what happens once the Prednisone is out of my system.

Working out, hot showers, running the heat, hot showers, all fine. It's specifically rubbing and scratching that causes the rash. Also want to point out that I was having no noticeable sides at 30mg Tren A per day and the rash thing came full force completely out of nowhere.

Thought I'd throw out another update.

Day 18 and Still get a red rash from scratching or vigorous rubbing, but it takes more pressure, the rash isn't a red or as intense, doesn't itch, and fades in 20 - 30 minutes. There is still some variation though, as yesterday was a bit worse than the day before. Overall I'd say 90% resolved.

I'd say it's on its way out and expect (hope) in another few weeks I'll be symptom free.

My source uses MCT, no EO, but uses guaiacol, so I'm thinking that might be it. But who knows?

Another update in case anyone cares.

Day 26, still getting red "rash" response to scratching/hard rubbing. Response differs in severity and duration, with morning and days being better than evenings, when it seems to get worse. I would still say it is slowly resolving. Coming up on 4 weeks since my last Tren Ace pin.

I have been poo-pooed on other boards. Can't be the Tren bro, Tren A has a 3 day half life.

True, but Tren is detectable in a blood test for up to 5 months.

I also learned my Tren A and Test P both contain guaiacol and EO, which I've read about other people having allergic reactions to.

I was due to start another 2 week blast on Oct 14; obviously I'm going to put a pause on that. And I'm not going to take a chance on Tren again.

Going to order new vials from a source with no guaiacol or EO.

Next blast I'll do Test P only, see how that works. If no issues, then Test P/Mast P/Anavar on a regular 2/4 schedule.

Last edited:
Another update in case anyone cares.

Day 26, still getting red "rash" response to scratching/hard rubbing. Response differs in severity and duration, with morning and days being better than evenings, when it seems to get worse. I would still say it is slowly resolving. Coming up on 4 weeks since my last Tren Ace pin.

I have been poo-pooed on other boards. Can't be the Tren bro, Tren A has a 3 day half life.

True, but Tren is detectable in a blood test for up to 5 months.

I also learned my Tren A and Test P both contain guaiacol and EO, which I've read about other people having allergic reactions to.

I was due to start another 2 week blast on Oct 14; obviously I'm going to put a pause on that. And I'm not going to take a chance on Tren again.

Going to order new vials from a source with no guaiacol or EO.

Next blast I'll do Test P only, see how that works. If no issues, then Test P/Mast P/Anavar on a regular 2/4 schedule.

Where are the rashes? has to be the carrier oil.

When the rashes first appeared, it was random and all over, red welts and ares that would appear, itch insanely, and then fade. This was the cycle for about 3 days. The standard appearance and behavior of hives.

After that, the welts and rashes would appear in response to pressure or scratching. Initially, it only required very light pressure or scratching to raise a welt or rash. My shirt collar, tops of my feet from shoes, waistband, any errant scratch of an itch, brushing against something, putting my hands in my pocket would raise a rash on the back of my hands, even drying myself off with a towel. This is a form of hives called dermatophagia.

This still happens but has, over time, required firmer pressure or scratching, the the welts have stopped and only a red rash appears, they barely itch and fade faster, in 20 minutes as opposed to an hour.

Both Test P and Tren A used MCT.

A search for "tren rash" or "tren hives" brings us some results from other individuals who've experienced the same thing.

When the rashes first appeared, it was random and all over, red welts and ares that would appear, itch insanely, and then fade. This was the cycle for about 3 days. The standard appearance and behavior of hives.

After that, the welts and rashes would appear in response to pressure or scratching. Initially, it only required very light pressure or scratching to raise a welt or rash. My shirt collar, tops of my feet from shoes, waistband, any errant scratch of an itch, brushing against something, putting my hands in my pocket would raise a rash on the back of my hands, even drying myself off with a towel. This is a form of hives called dermatophagia.

This still happens but has, over time, required firmer pressure or scratching, the the welts have stopped and only a red rash appears, they barely itch and fade faster, in 20 minutes as opposed to an hour.

Both Test P and Tren A used MCT.

A search for "tren rash" or "tren hives" brings us some results from other individuals who've experienced the same thing.

Are you taking any other meds? antidepressants? change in diet?

Nope, no meds, nor any supplements I hadn't already been taking for years.

Diet in point. Marriuage broke up and I moved out 4 months ago and have pretty much been doing meal prep and eating the same things every day. The occasional meal out, a beer here and there, the odd treat, but nothing I haven't eaten before at some time in my life--not that that makes a difference since allergies of any type can develop at any time.

My plan is to do a sub q test with the Test P, see if I have a localized reaction. If not, I'll try a 2 week Test P only, see what happens.

Man, I DO NOT want to go through that again. First few days were BRUTAL.

Don't think I haven't thought about it. But I don't want to sit through a financial discovery tryig to explain a $300 cash withdraw every week.

Anyway, we are on friendly terms. No acrimony. Just grew apart and realized we didn't belong together anymore. Married for almost 28 years, BTW...

Burn all the money on hookers before she takes it all in the divorce, just sayin ;)

Id rather burn all that money on a good attorney to make sure she dont get any of it before the attorney burns it all.
I feel you brotherman, lots of separations these days. Hope it goes well with you.

Thanks -

We're hoping to get it all done through a professional mediator. She happens to be a lawyer, but a mediation doesn't involved the court or dueling banjos.

We're pretty well off already, and retirement, even split, will still be comfortable.

Id rather burn all that money on a good attorney to make sure she dont get any of it before the attorney burns it all.
I feel you brotherman, lots of separations these days. Hope it goes well with you.

Did you read about the american that went to mexico to kill himself?
Ended up doing blow and hookers for a month and decided life was worth living lol.

Did you read about the american that went to mexico to kill himself?
Ended up doing blow and hookers for a month and decided life was worth living lol.

Heck man, i think over 10 million tourist go there regardless to do that and yes afterwards they also decided that life is defitnetly worth it. lol.
Is there a movie about this this??

Back