Almost end of the cycle, highly disappointed

Saahib

Title may sound desperate but thats what I am thinking about my cycle. I have been taking advices here before cycle, during cycle.
HCG 1000iu/week
500mg test e /week
AI .5 (dex) EOD
Gym 5 days a week, generally concentrating on compound exercise

I was looking for bulking , gain is around 8lbs , high carbs and high protein diet.

Had some glitches like test flue and bad cholesterol but was primarily due to high carb diet, was more in my mind.. .

Here is my general experience:
Because of cycle, I did regular gym and yes there are changes but feel I have accumulated more fat , strength is increased but its not significantly more than my natural best. I feel that if I had done regular gym similar way without cycle, would have made similar gains then too..

Now I am worried when I am off the cycle, I may loose around 40-50% gains, and I guess that generally happens, so for whole cycle I will have only 4 lbs gained in 12 weeks ?

I have still vials left for 2 more weeks, should I make it 14 week cycle or just end it for 12 weeks now ?

I was not all that happy with my first cycle either. 2nd cycle of test/deca with anavar last 4 weeks was a way better experience for me.
So, depending on your stats, you may have got all you could out of a beginner cycle. Did you do bloods mid cycle to verify your gear??

There is no overtraining, only under eating and under sleeping. Did you get 8-10 hours sleep? Did you get your macros in for your goal? You are no doubt retaining water in those muscles and could very well have put on fat the dex should have countered some of that. First cycles are hit or miss, your body might require another compound alongside to truly use the Test, or if you are a biggun like me, you need a bit more test. Get bloods for sure to see where your levels are and verify your gear like Smittiot suggests.

Next time, try a dbol or tbol kickstart, there is no denying those starts to cycles if you get good gear, so you'd have feedback in the first 1.5 weeks.

Good luck

So I am going get following :
CBC (For RBC thing)
Test (Total)
SGPT (To see how is my lever)
E2
Serum Cretinine (For general kidney idea)

... Will above do ?

Also, I am definitely sure my gear is legit as I am buying with the help of a licensed pharmacist, infact I started only when I was assured I have good quality product.

Also, I will share my detailed info tonight. ..

What was your diet like? I'm talking energy balance. You should get bloodwork at least once to make sure your gear is legit, even if the source is trusted. There is such a thung as overtraining, steroids just increase the threshold. CNS fatigue is a real thing. There are ovious biochemical markers of overtraining that have to do with the hpta. A big one is an abundance of cortisol, the catabolic, lipogenic stress hormone. If you gained too much fat, your caloric intake may have been too extreme.

Why hcg during cycle? judging by your postt, you sound inexperienced , not AAS but training and nutrition wise.

How long have you been training? Weight, height, and bf%? macros? age?

8lbs dry mass? Or 8 lbs total?

If that is just muscle mass then it's average to slightly below average for your first test only cycle. If it is total weight you dun goofed bro.

With water and fat on a bulk I think you should be looking for 18-25 lbs total weight gain. Even if you use an AI perfectly you are going to get some water retention and fat comes with bulking. Keeping the diet tight will minimize it but bulking means some fat gain.

Title may sound desperate but thats what I am thinking about my cycle. I have been taking advices here before cycle, during cycle.
HCG 1000iu/week
500mg test e /week
AI .5 (dex) EOD
Gym 5 days a week, generally concentrating on compound exercise

I was looking for bulking , gain is around 8lbs , high carbs and high protein diet.

Had some glitches like test flue and bad cholesterol but was primarily due to high carb diet, was more in my mind.. .

Here is my general experience:
Because of cycle, I did regular gym and yes there are changes but feel I have accumulated more fat , strength is increased but its not significantly more than my natural best. I feel that if I had done regular gym similar way without cycle, would have made similar gains then too..

Now I am worried when I am off the cycle, I may loose around 40-50% gains, and I guess that generally happens, so for whole cycle I will have only 4 lbs gained in 12 weeks ?

I have still vials left for 2 more weeks, should I make it 14 week cycle or just end it for 12 weeks now ?

There have been some lively discussions about the use of hcg during your cycle. I will not enter into one here or anywhere else. There is some good points either way or with a modest cycle like you are running it may not be needed at all. 1000 iu is too high though 250-500 iu's ew has been used by others effectively to prevent testicular atrophy. Others say run 2500 iu 10 days before you end your cycle and another 5 days after your first hcg injection. Like I said both have merit.

It sounds like your gear may be under-dosed friend. Test flu doesn't sound right either. I suspect the problem is with your gear.

Last edited:
I gained 35 lbs on my first cycle and maintained 13-14% bf and had little water retention.. BUT ran it much longer then you.. I also didn't take in near as many carbs as you but did take in a lot of protein.

Why not keep running it (6 more weeks) and modify your diet and training to get the results you want

I gained 35 lbs on my first cycle and maintained 13-14% bf and had little water retention.. BUT ran it much longer then you.. I also didn't take in near as many carbs as you but did take in a lot of protein.

Why not keep running it (6 more weeks) and modify your diet and training to get the results you want

Sounds like sound advice. Use it up bro:)

dam that blows because I usually carry atleast 5lbs of water, first cycle gained a solid 15lbs. honestly first time users have unrealistic expectations for their first cycle (I know I did)

dam that blows because I usually carry atleast 5lbs of water, first cycle gained a solid 15lbs. honestly first time users have unrealistic expectations for their first cycle (I know I did)

It really does. My bench went up 25lbs and I gained at least 15 lbs. I would have expected better. 500mg test e ew is the cycle I ran. Something is messed up.

Sounds like you either under ate, didn't get enough rest, or your gear was way under dosed. It could very well be a combination of two, or all 3. Should have gotten mid cycle bloods to make sure gear was legit and that would have given us a better chance to give more beneficial advice. We need your stats, at the very least.

I was waiting for my blood test results all these times, infact I got call from LAB as they were seeing very high levels and wanted to verify it I am on some roids.. woah... !

So, here are the results of important things:

Testosterone (T) : <1500 ng/ml
E2 395 pg/ml
SGPT : 35 U/L
Creatinine : 3.02 (should be between 0.8 - 1.3)

Lipids are good:
LDL : 77
HDL : 41
Cholesterol (total) : 138

RBC : 6.23 (Should be less than 5.5)

So, by test we can rule out bad gear doubts.. its pharmaceutical grade.

Things to worry are now :

1. High E2
2. High creatinine
3. High RBC

To counter these problem, what can I do ?
1. Increase AI dosage ?
2. Should not worry, as could be more muscle, more creatinine ?
3. Donno what to do ..

Further:

Since we know gear is fine.. could have following reason for no gain, (as per inputs from guys here)

1. Lack sleep
2. Lack of diet
3. Overtraining

What I feel, I try to have 8 hours sleep but is mostly not very sound.. and for diet, as pals asked, my diet is as follows:

7 or 8 am :
Skimmed milk (300ml + protein shake 70% protein, rest carbs + minerals)
Around 10: aom
After one-2 hour: 2 whole wheat Indian bread + 5 egg whites + some vegetables

Noon: around 1:00 pm

Around 4-5 PM :
Some food again, generally low fat (it varies, sometimes egg preparations, sometimes other stuff ) + few protein cookies

Around 7 pm :
Pre workout shake (Generally small quantity 100-200ml milk + protein powder + some carbs)

Workout from 8-9:30pm (including warmup)
Post workout (immediately) 300ml milk + approx 40gm protein (whey) + 1 scoop pure carb)

After one hour Around : 1

Night, just before sleep and brush,
Some casein protein cookies (not much as mostly already feeling full at that time)

So, on protein intake front: I get around 45 gm from egg whites, around 80gm from shake + around 30-40gm from other resources: makes around 165gm + little from milk ( I target for 200gm)

I don't really count calorie intake, but was not trying to each too much in order to avoid excess fat.. But when I wrote down here, it appears low on calories.. ?

3.. Overtraining..
Well that can't be as most of the time my exercise is with in 1 hour due to time constraints.. though I have allotted 90min including warmup but generally I have to manage all in 60 min only..

Btw, I have been working out ON/OFF from 6-7 years.

Incase some one wanted, I am 5"7" , medium frame , when started was 139 lbs , now approx 149 lbs.. :(

By the looks of your diet you're eating nothing but bread, eggwhites and protein shakes... I think we've found your problem.

Not to mention your E2 looks very high. Is that a typo?

Back