am i the only one who just kinda goes to the gym and works out

SoHo

[gill]
lol the title might sound ridiculous but its true i feel like i go to the gym with no set plan, only an idea of what muscle group i want to work out and i just do my thing

completely based off of how i feel

i try to do the maximum with great form, but i hardly ever count sets or reps. if i feel like going heavy one day i'll go heavy, if i dont i dont.

if i do chest and tris and decide to hit bis because hmm i wonder what i'll look like with a bi pump right now, i will push back and bis till later in the week and won't hit them the next day.

i've learned that there really isn't a right or wrong way of working out especially if you know what you're doing, but i feel like way too many people get caught up in this routine and it becomes like a diet which is why most people fail their diets. because they get stuck on a routine. even when i'm dieting [cutting] i just have a general idea of what's the right thing to eat and what's not, and i just kinda wing it and it seems to work. if i feel like having my chicken and broccoli at 8am before work instead of my 6 whole eggs i will. and bro: if you're on a cut and your girl wants to go out to eat in the middle of the week.. don't be afraid be her man and take her out, and to order the salmon or chicken with some veggies because that butter in your meal will not kill you i promise. you're not going to the olympia ( i hope you are but chances are you're not)

clearly we are all advanced weight lifters here (i hope) and i'm just wondering how many guys on an advanced level train the way i train and eat the way i eat.

Last edited:
Darkwing inspired me to go super high volume this blast. I'd never hit the volume I hit just going by feel. 540 reps min per workout, but average 800+. Listening to your body is not a bad thing but following a challenging plan (for me at least) is critical to achieving my goal weight (285) and DL goal of 600.

Diet follows suit. I never want to eat the amount of food I do each day. I'd give up 1,800 calories short each day if I listened to my body.

I would consider your aforementioned training method while off cycle and maintaining.

Darkwing inspired me to go super high volume this blast. I'd never hit the volume I hit just going by feel. 540 reps min per workout, but average 800+. Listening to your body is not a bad thing but following a challenging plan (for me at least) is critical to achieving my goal weight (285) and DL goal of 600.

Diet follows suit. I never want to eat the amount of food I do each day. I'd give up 1,800 calories short each day if I listened to my body.

I would consider your aforementioned training method while off cycle and maintaining.
i dont cycle off i'm on trt

and dont get me wrong, i dont literally listen to my body. i listen to it only in terms of what exercises i do or don't do, but i do not listen to my body when it tells me "nah bro, dont eat the broccoli you want spaghetti alfredo" or "nah man.. you want a philly cheese steak you dont want these gross egg whites". when i have a goal, especially when it comes to the workout realm, i achieve it no matter what, its just a question of how long it'll take.

when i say listen to your body i meant that in the most basic way possible. stick to your goal, just compromise with your body along the way. just like with a girl.. your girl goal usually is to maintain the relationship regardless of disagreements or rocky paths, just learn to compromise.

and dont get me wrong, i dont literally listen to my body. i listen to it only in terms of what exercises i do or don't do, but i do not listen to my body when it tells me "nah bro, dont eat the broccoli you want spaghetti alfredo" or "nah man.. you want a philly cheese steak you dont want these gross egg whites". when i have a goal, especially when it comes to the workout realm, i achieve it no matter what, its just a question of how long it'll take.

when i say listen to your body i meant that in the most basic way possible. stick to your goal, just compromise with your body along the way. just like with a girl.. your girl goal usually is to maintain the relationship regardless of disagreements or rocky paths, just learn to compromise.

I'm also on TRT. Of cycle=TRT dose
I compromise with my wife. I don't compromise my workouts unless there is risk of injury.

Mmmm thats a decent rep range i was watching a few videos on YouTube with lee priest saying the same thing and that man has some big arms

I do the same bro i dont have a specific day for this body part or that i just do what im feeling at the time but i still try to stick to some sort of plan i was watching a few videos with Dorian yates and lee priest they weresaying they logged down every work out weight reps ect im thinking of giving that a look just so i know were im at anyways i think its good to mix it up but still definitely need some sort of structure there

I do the same bro i dont have a specific day for this body part or that i just do what im feeling at the time but i still try to stick to some sort of plan i was watching a few videos with Dorian yates and lee priest they weresaying they logged down every work out weight reps ect im thinking of giving that a look just so i know were im at anyways i think its good to mix it up but still definitely need some sort of structure there
oh dont get me wrong i always try to stick to a bit of a plan, based off of what i lack naturally.

so for example i know i dont have to hit my back as hard as i hit delts, because my back grows like a weed.

also, i know my upper chest sucks, so i hit mainly incline movements as opposed to flat movements

etc etc etc

basically what i meant by this thread is "who has discovered specially how your body responds to weights"

i'm almost 24 and weight lifting and body transformation has been a passion for me since i'm 14 so thats almost 10 years. its a great relief that in the past couple years i've discovered EXACTLY what my body needs in regards to diet and training and rest.

same goes for gear too, but this isnt the gear section. i see too many guys my age or even older than me using stupid amounts of steroids thinking it will yield them better results or act as a crutch to their training or diet. its sad to know these guys are actually hurting not only themselves but their ones around them.

Last edited:
oh dont get me wrong i always try to stick to a bit of a plan, based off of what i lack naturally.

so for example i know i dont have to hit my back as hard as i hit delts, because my back grows like a weed.

also, i know my upper chest sucks, so i hit mainly incline movements as opposed to flat movements

etc etc etc

basically what i meant by this thread is "who has discovered specially how your body responds to weights"

i'm almost 24 and weight lifting and body transformation has been a passion for me since i'm 14 so thats almost 10 years. its a great relief that in the past couple years i've discovered EXACTLY what my body needs in regards to diet and training and rest.

same goes for gear too, but this isnt the gear section. i see too many guys my age or even older than me using stupid amounts of steroids thinking it will yield them better results or act as a crutch to their training or diet. its sad to know these guys are actually hurting not only themselves but their ones around them.
Yeah brother i get what your saying evreyones different it takes all kinds like you my back responds well chest not so much plus taking into account injuries so training varies depending on that ect ect im at the point were i have a good idea what lifts work for me but im still undecided about rep ranges super set pyramid sets ect i just borrow from what i know and incorporate different things in plus it gets old quick doing the same thing day in day out i love training and i dont want it to feel like a job or chore as they say change is as good as a holiday and my favorite gotta shock they muscles because they do get used to doing the same thing day afterday week after week

What the fuck is a plan? Lol i go in knowing what im gonna do bit never knowing what else or how many reps. I just dont feel satisfied if i dont feel run to the ground or like im gonma puke. My best gains and strength burst have always come from pain horrible feelings when you recover its like a new version of yourself

I go to the gym knowing the muscles that I am going to work. There is no plan. There is no set exercise or number of sets. I get in there and I work those muscles until by body tells me to stop. Best workouts and gains that I've had in over 20 years of lifting.

Back