Anavar and hairloss

Anthony762

Hi all,

I am wanting to try use Anavar but I have been told it will lead to hair loss is this true?

Also if so is this permanent?

Is there any steroid that will add lean muscle and will not result in hair loss?

Anavar is one if the safest oral steroids for hair around...... maybe your confusing it with winstrol which destroys your hair if prone to losing it.

Hi all,

I am wanting to try use Anavar but I have been told it will lead to hair loss is this true?

Is there any steroid that will add lean muscle and will not result in hair loss?

While uberlift is right in that 'var is one of the more "mild" steroids, you run the risk of losing hair if you're prone regardless. Unless you're a woman, please read the stickies (oral cycles especially) to understand why taking an oral by itself is not the best idea.

My .02c :)

Anavar (Oxandrolone) is a steroid with only a slight androgenic component and when taken in reasonable dosages rarely has any side effects. This is appreciated since Anavar was developed mostly for women and children. Even in a very high dosage this compound does not influence the body's own testosterone production. Meaning that during the intake of Anavar, unlike during the intake of most anabolic steroids, the testes signal the hypothalamus not to reduce or to stop the release of GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone) and LHRH Luteinizing hormon releasing hormone). This special feature of Anavar can be explained by the fact that the substance is not converted (aromatized) into estrogen.
However Anavar should not be taken for several consecutive months, since, as with almost all oral steroids it is 17-alpha alkylated and thus liver toxic.

While uberlift is right in that 'var is one of the more "mild" steroids, you run the risk of losing hair if you're prone regardless. Unless you're a woman, please read the stickies (oral cycles especially) to understand why taking an oral by itself is not the best idea.

My .02c :)

My dad is bald do you think anavar will cause me to go bald earlier

If so is it permanent

Anavar (Oxandrolone) is a steroid with only a slight androgenic component and when taken in reasonable dosages rarely has any side effects. This is appreciated since Anavar was developed mostly for women and children. Even in a very high dosage this compound does not influence the body's own testosterone production. Meaning that during the intake of Anavar, unlike during the intake of most anabolic steroids, the testes signal the hypothalamus not to reduce or to stop the release of GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone) and LHRH Luteinizing hormon releasing hormone). This special feature of Anavar can be explained by the fact that the substance is not converted (aromatized) into estrogen.
However Anavar should not be taken for several consecutive months, since, as with almost all oral steroids it is 17-alpha alkylated and thus liver toxic.
I don't know where this keeps coming from, but oxandrolone IS suppressive of the HPTA. The aromatization theory was disproven awhile ago AFAIK. (That since the HPTA reacts to estrogens, if a compound doesn't aromatize - it can't effect it.)
Medline said:
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1993 Apr;38(4):393-8.
The effects of oxandrolone on the growth hormone and gonadal axes in boys with constitutional delay of growth and puberty.
Malhotra A, Poon E, Tse WY, Pringle PJ, Hindmarsh PC, Brook CG.

Endocrine Unit, Middlesex Hospital, London, UK.

OBJECTIVE: We studied the effects of oxandrolone on serum concentrations of LH, FSH, testosterone , GH, SHBG, DHEAS, IGF-I and insulin in boys with constitutional delay of growth and puberty. DESIGN: Ten boys with constitutional delay of growth and puberty, mean age 13.8 years (range 12.4-15.5) were studied. Twenty-four-hour serum concentration profiles of GH, LH and FSH were constructed by drawing blood samples at 20-minute intervals. Three study occasions over a period of 6 months were chosen to assess hormone concentrations before, during and 6 weeks after a 3-month course of oxandrolone (2.5 mg once daily) therapy. RESULTS: Growth velocity increased during oxandrolone treatment and stayed higher after therapy (pre 3.9 +/- 0.5; on 6.3 +/- 0.8; post 6.4 +/- 0.9 cm/year (mean +/- SEM) two way ANOVA, F = 5.3, P = 0.02). Oxandrolone had androgenic effects, suppressing mean serum LH concentrations from 1.7 +/- 0.3 to 1.1 +/- 0.2 U/I and serum testosterone concentrations from 1.9 +/- 0.6 to 0.8 +/- 0.1 nmol/l. SHBG concentrations were also reduced from 130.9 +/- 14.6 to 30.7 +/- 7.3 nmol/l. Serum GH concentration fell slightly from 5.9 +/- 0.6 to 4.8 +/- 0.5 mU/l. After cessation of treatment, there was a significant 'rebound' in mean 24-hour serum LH (2.6 U/l +/- 0.4) and testosterone concentrations (3.2 +/- 0.9 nmol/l) but no change in serum GH concentrations. SHBG values also rose but not to the same extent as those observed before therapy (82.0 +/- 8.4 nmol/l). There were no statistically significant differences in serum concentrations of FSH, DHEAS, IGF-I and insulin over the study period. In a stepwise multiple regression analysis of factors that might influence the growth rate observed, the 24-hour mean serum testosterone concentration and the treatment (on or off) with oxandrolone were the main influences. The relationship was described by the equation Height velocity = 0.69 (24-hour mean serum testosterone concentration)+1.70 (treatment regimen)+3.37 (adjusted R2 = 0.35, F = 8.39, P = 0.001). CONCLUSIONS: Oxandrolone has an androgenic action as shown by changes in serum LH, testosterone and SHBG concentrations and by the lack of effect on FSH. No effect of oxandrolone on the GH axis was documented. We suggest that the growth promoting effects of oxandrolone are related in part to the mild androgenic effects of the steroid and the growth acceleration following oxandrolone withdrawal may reflect increasing total serum testosterone concentrations and decreasing levels of SHBG and progress in puberty.

PMID: 8319371 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
My dad is bald do you think anavar will cause me to go bald earlier

If so is it permanent
That is totally up to YOUR genetics, not your Father's as you also have half your genetic traits from your Mother. If I recall correctly, it was based on your Mother's Dad as a guide if you were susceptible, but again - nothing is fool proof. This is no different than going bald in your 30's or 40's, just that it is accelerated - so yes, it's permanent.

I think you missed the point of my post though, if you're going to do AAS do it right - not some pansy oral only cycle with gains that won't stick. Out of curiosity, how old are you?

My old man has a full head of hair at 64, but my grand dad is fully bald, I started shedding a little bit on first cycle.. but theres always things you can look into like propecia or nizoral 2% and minox

Ana Anavar (var) (Oxandrolone) is a steroid with only a slight androgenic component and when taken in reasonable dosages rarely has any side effects. This is appreciated since Ana Anavar (var) was developed mostly for women and children. Even in a very high dosage this compound does not influence the body's own testosterone production. Meaning that during the intake of Ana Anavar (var) , unlike during the intake of most anabolic steroids, the testes signal the hypothalamus not to reduce or to stop the release of GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone) and LHRH Luteinizing hormon releasing hormone). This special feature of Ana Anavar (var) can be explained by the fact that the substance is not converted (aromatized) into estrogen.
However Ana Anavar (var) should not be taken for several consecutive months, since, as with almost all oral steroids it is 17-alpha alkylated and thus liver toxic.

Actually Anavar (var) has been shown in studies to be suppressive on endogenous test. Maybe only 40-50% unlike supplemental exogenous test which will signal your testes to shut down fully. Not hard on the hair at all but better paired with test even low dose 300mg/wk (better at 500) to keep your test levels up if not slightly elevated while on cycle which is not going to be as hard to recover from

Hi all,

This never happened to me, mate.

My old man has a full head of hair at 64, but my grand dad is fully bald, I started shedding a little bit on first cycle.. but theres always things you can look into like propecia or nizoral 2% and minox

Dude what happened after you shed abit? My hairs gone really thin! I'm off it now!

Back