Anavar - HPTA suppression (not again ! ) - scientific approach

zeroz

Hi guys.

I would like to discus with you about the implications of HPTA suppression of anavar and if we can manipulate it based on research, using it as a "supplement"(no other AAS involved). I'll talk about this below.

There is no doubt that anavar used even at moderate doses suppress HPTA, so there's no arguing about this. The following study shows this :

press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.84.8.5923

They found that even 15 mg of anavar taken daily (for 5 days) was able to suppress testosterone. So you might be asking why am I trying to argue here when there's conclusive evidence that var reduces testosterone ?

Well, there are 2 reasons (which will partake to the details of the study linked above):

1) The testosterone suppression in the following graph :
press.endocrine.org/na101/home/literatum/publisher/endo/journals/content/jcem/1999/jcem.1999.84.issue-8/jcem.84.8.5923/production/images/medium/eg0895923003.jpeg

-we can see that testosterone was reduced at 5 days, but was still stable after 3 days of continuous usage of 15 mg /day, so maybe we can do very short cycles of 15 mg var/day 3 days a week, maybe only on workout days ,while allowing the rest of the time for endogenous testosterone to remain stable ?

2) The time at which var was given orally
" Beginning at 2100 h on day 0, all subjects were given 15 mg OX ..."

-it seems that var was given before sleep and we all know that var has a half life of about 8 hours so it was quite active during sleep , the period in which body makes its natural testosterone, so maybe we can assume that taking it first thing in the morning would affect even less the testosterone suppression ? That's a thought.

Some may be saying that 15 mg is a "pussy" dosage and will not do anything (unless you're a woman), but in this study protein synthesis was greatly enhanced even at this lower dosage(hence the use of it as a "supplement" ).

My interpretation is that if we would use it at 15 mg/day. 3 times a week, taking the whole dosage in the morning , we may benefit from enhanced protein synthesis/better recovery, without suppressing much if at all the HPTA.

I would like to hear your opinions regarding this.

Thanks !

my friend made blood tests few days ago, he is on VAR 40mg ED from about 2 weeks i may ask him about his Test and free Test levels and write them here if it help :D

my friend made blood tests few days ago, he is on VAR 40mg ED from about 2 weeks i may ask him about his Test and free Test levels and write them here if it help :D

Yes, that would help :)

Though if he used 40 mg of legit VAR for 2 weeks, I think it's pretty sure his testosterone levels were reduced(if he didn't use test or any AI/SERMS).

I don't like it one bit. Years of steroid use has taught me consistent doses. When you start messing around tweaking doses you'll end up bloated, acne, high bp, gyno etc.
I understand your thinking around this- but 45mg of var a week is not going to do much of anything even if it doesn't suppress your natural testosterone (hypothetically speaking) the people on this site are looking to bodybuild. We're not scientists looking at dwarf pre teens looking to increase protein synthesis while trying not to suppress hpta.

Fill your boots if you wanna try it out and would be a nice to know- no one will be using it here I imagine. I think it'll suppress hpta taking over a period of time

Do you think dosing 3 times a week would actually do something noticeable? IMO it wouldn't be worth it, might as well run it with test at a low dose ED. I've considered doing this as I'm om TRT so I could run a low dose here and there... not sure though never tried it that way either, only on a full cycle.

Back to the point, I think dosing 3 times a week at once a day wouldn't allow it to saturate the AR receptors.

A.B , alpha : thanks for giving your insight regarding this.
- I do understand very clearly that this var-dosing regime might not be worth at all, especially in comparison with real world cycles(to which I'm pretty familiar).

- Last cycle (10 weeks) was something like
weeks 0-6 (var 20-30mg/day)
weeks 2-10(test prop 100mg/eod)
weeks 2-10(tren hex 300 mg/week)
All products were legit/ph grade. I can tell you that even on 20 mg var for the first 2 weeks(when I was only on var) I noticed better pumps,enhanced recovery, increased strength. Heck I even had dbol-like pumps when doing deadlifts ,being forced to stop because of intense back pumps.
You might say that this was placebo , but I know my body well and I can say objectively it did have a positive effect.
Many guys here take huge amounts of var and say that only 50-100 mg of var will have any effects, but it's questionable if they are taking legit or fake/underdosed var.

- I may try this approach in the near future to see if it has any benefits or I'm just wasting my time.

Back