Anavar only. How likely is it to be shut down after 8 months with PCT?

GrowFast

Hello,
I'm 21 and i know it was to early to make my first cycle but i was really curious to find out what the results of anabolic steroids so after reading about how mild Anavar is I thought thats the way to go for a beginner.
I bought 200 pills x 10 mg and went for a 7 week cycle of 40 mg per day.
After that i waited 3-4 days (as i read was recommended) and then started my Nolvadex PCT that was: 40 mg first week 30 mg next and 20 mg for 2 weeks.

I know it might have been a stupid choice and that i might have just fucked up myself so i really don't need to hear any idiotik feedback that will just remind me that i did a stupid thing.

My question is how likely is it that I'm still shut down? how would i know without a blood test?
+I get regular erections just like i did before the cycle.
-I can't really tell if my testicles have shrinked because of testicle varicocele.
-I feel depressed and really tired.(But it can also be for other reasons)
+Kept good gains so still look fit and believe I can grow natural muscles easy even thought i stopped the gym because of my depression.
-Lost a lot of appetite therefor lost 5-6 kg.

Even thought Anavar worked like a charm i really experience back pains.
But yeah I could see a difference every week.

So you're 21, to young, curious but apparently inept to do some actual basic research and you ended you doing a women only cycle that definitely shut you down (also a pussy dose of var...)

Like tbone said, no way to know without blood work but I'm guessing you'll be a trt patient for life.

Get blood work, testo and female panel. From there you will know.
But judging from symtoms you listed...
* You still have testo but probably super low, so you get erections, good sign, means you had some degree of recovery.
* Size of testicles is not really a sure way to tell functionality (blood work is...)
* Depressed and tired is probably from low testo as var doesnt aromatize and wouldn't have raised estro.
* Lose of appetite is one of the "benefits" of anavar, its normal, you should have studied on diet and not been in a calorie deficit.

You could try doing a "reset pct" if you totally refuse bloodwork but thats just another gamble on already poor health...
So again I say blood work, blood work. Thats the only way to know for sure...

Hello santa666 are you joking about the trt patient for life? If i already have at least low test isn’t it likely that i will recover in a while by myself? I didn’t want to get shut down and 70% i read about var was that its easy to recover and that its so mild that people do anavar nonstop. I realy don’t enjoy any jokes right now im scared as hell. I will make regular blood work on friday but does test level show on regular bloodwork?

Im also wondering can it be possible that i fully recovered and that i just feel depressed because of another health problem?(I Think i have a theroid problem thats why im visiying the doctor, but then i thought can it be that i am shutdown?thats why im asking all of this) Is it really so hard to recover after a cycle? How likelly is it that someone don’t recover i mean i can’t believe that im the only one that wanted to try something mild just to se how it works. It was never in my plan to continue anabolics thats why i didnt make too much research i just wanted to make a cycle see the results make a pct be back to normal and keep living my normal life just like before.

Hello santa666 are you joking about the trt patient for life? If i already have at least low test isn***8217;t it likely that i will recover in a while by myself? I didn***8217;t want to get shut down and 70% i read about var was that its easy to recover and that its so mild that people do anavar nonstop. I realy don***8217;t enjoy any jokes right now im scared as hell. I will make regular blood work on friday but does test level show on regular bloodwork?

You might not be a trt patient because you're still young but you definitely caused damage to your testosterone levels...

You are right in that anavar is one of the mildest, if not the mildest oral steroid... The problem is that it shuts down your natural testosterone production and you need to take testo shots in addition to anavar.
Only women take anavar by itself...

What labs are you using ? It should show testo, just ask them. Also get the female panel so you also get estrogen levels (will help determine depression state you're having)

Im also wondering can it be possible that i fully recovered and that i just feel depressed because of another health problem?(I Think i have a theroid problem thats why im visiying the doctor, but then i thought can it be that i am shutdown?thats why im asking all of this) Is it really so hard to recover after a cycle? How likelly is it that someone don***8217;t recover i mean i can***8217;t believe that im the only one that wanted to try something mild just to se how it works. It was never in my plan to continue anabolics thats why i didnt make too much research i just wanted to make a cycle see the results make a pct be back to normal and keep living my normal life just like before.

Occams razor bro... You've taken var that shuts down your testo production, you did a weak PCT. Cause and effect, most logical explanation would be that you have low testo and/or abnormal e2 values.
Only bloodwork can tell, I can guess for hours if you want...but if you get blood work, the community can tell you for certainty what the problem is and what your next step of action should be.

Anythings possible but we have PCT(Post cycle therapy) for a reason....hello?... but you are so young and you fucked with hormones that shouldn't be fucked with... Without bloodwork there's no way telling the severity of what you've done and caused here... I'm sorry, I wish I could tell you what you want to hear...but please, be the responsible adult you should have been and get blood work and I'll promise we'll help you recover the best you can :)

Last edited:
Not that bro science is necessarily false it is just not tested and mainly based off personal experience.

Thanks but was my pct really that weak?i thought that 40 30 20 20 would be kind of strong how should it be? I really dont know what blood work i will do i havent spoken with the doctor face to face i only said to him that i want to check if i have a thyroid problem and my testicles because im sure i have varicocele(that lowers the test also). Also if the doctor see that i have low test should i tell him that i abused anavar or should i just blame it on the varicocele?

Yes, get the blood testing to clear up any uncertainty. My guess is the depression is due to something else, but I'm only guessing.

Ask your doc to include total testosterone, estradiol, LH, and FSH as a minimum. Since your are worried about thyroid get a thyroid panel too. Not really required, but you could also get free testosterone / SHBG as a nice extra that would give some added info.

You should recover just fine, so don't do yourself in worrying about it.

If i were in your shoes i would.....Get bloodwork,if low then do another pct with clomid (5weeks 50,25,25,25,25) then wait 6 weeks or so get tested again. Time is on your side. Youre young and should recover just fine. Stop worrying so much. Worry just enough to take action.

Good luck and let us know how it goes bro.

I have to agree with the above Posts.

Get the Bloodwork done, you can get the Female Hormone Panel from PrivateMdLabs (put male in the box).
This will give you Total Test/Estradiol/LH & FSH/CBC/Full Metabolic Profile. ~ $66.99

Here's a Promo Code for 15% Off of Online Orders Only ~ FBFLOWERS ~ good till May 31st, then it changes.
You can check their Facebook Page for the Monthly Codes................................... JP
P.S.
And get your Ass back into the Gym ~ You'll Feel Much Better !

I have to agree with the above Posts.

Get the Bloodwork done, you can get the Female Hormone Panel from PrivateMdLabs (put male in the box).
This will give you Total Test/Estradiol/LH & FSH/CBC/Full Metabolic Profile. ~ $66.99

Here's a Promo Code for 15% Off of Online Orders Only ~ FBFLOWERS ~ good till May 31st, then it changes.
You can check their Facebook Page for the Monthly Codes................................... JP
P.S.
And get your Ass back into the Gym ~ You'll Feel Much Better !

That's a good bone JP just threw you OP; take it.
The ONLY way we can help is to get blood work done. Everything else is just speculation and when it comes to your health, you want to be sure.

So it was kind of hard to push the doctor to do full testoterone check because of all the other tests i hade to do. But my S-testosterone level is 12 nmol/L... as i understand im fucked and the problem might be worst because im exactly on the “normal” range but is it normal for a 21 year old to have this low testosterone level? Is this something the doctor should comment or will he just skip to comment because its in the normalrange? Will he find it understandable if i ask for a full testosterone check now? What should i do in any case?

Another question: If i do a test cycle while i have this low test what could the results be?(i mean is it more likely to get total shut down?or could it even help me recover after the PCT?) Im asking because if my testosterone is low then what should stop me from doing a second cycle with only test which is more safe?

Must it be clomid or does nolvadex do fine? (I can buy clomid but i already have nolvadex) if yes what dosage?

Depends, do you want to cheap out and risk a failed PCT? Some money is well spent, and combining clomid and nolva is one of those places.

Clomid typical is 25/25/25/25 for something light and fast clearing like anavar, nolva would be something like 40/40/20/20 or thereabouts

Back