Ancillaries of the old pros.

leelee_69

Curious what the guys from the 1970s used before anti-es were around?

Also, how come you never hear about / see pros today with gyno? I remember a FLEX last year with Jay Cutler looking to have it as well as a few other pros now and then (Johnnie O. Jackson either has it or just very downward pointing nips).

On boards like these, you always see posts of people getting it. Is it just a simple surgery? Just strange how after juicing for years, these pros have absolutely no signs.

that foreigh guy had the worst set of tits i ever saw at the olympia few years ago, i have seen ronnie with gyno as well, and i have also seen pictures where you can see his gyno removal scars. their were no ant e's or anything of the sort when the old pros used the stuff.

jcp2 said:
that foreigh guy had the worst set of tits i ever saw at the olympia few years ago, i have seen ronnie with gyno as well, and i have also seen pictures where you can see his gyno removal scars. their were no ant e's or anything of the sort when the old pros used the stuff.

Then can you, or anyone else, explain the mystery of Arnold? All of the gear and none of the sides?

Yeah, Paco Bautista had horrible gyno at the 2002 Mr. Olympia.

leelee_69 said:
Then can you, or anyone else, explain the mystery of Arnold? All of the gear and none of the sides?

Yeah, Paco Bautista had horrible gyno at the 2002 Mr. Olympia.

Being that arnold never even hit 240 at 6'2, i never beleived he took all that much gear. This is another reason i never thought guys from his time were on all that much, where is the gyno, dbol is one of the biggest offenders.

Lower dosages back in the day equal less sides. I beleive Franco Columbu was one of the first to have gyno real noticably in pics. As for Arnold I believe it was reported that he used a ton of Primo along with some other stuff. Plus, you have to take into account some people just aren't as suceptible to gyno as others.

TH

jcp2 said:
Being that arnold never even hit 240 at 6'2, i never beleived he took all that much gear. This is another reason i never thought guys from his time were on all that much, where is the gyno, dbol is one of the biggest offenders.

True, but at the same time Arnie probably took more than your average gym rate who has the occasional bout with gyno.

I've seen pics of the old guys with gyno, but you have to remember they didn't use test as a rule because of the gyno problem. Also, many were probably just not that susceptible to gyno. I know some guys can run a gram of test/week and not use any anti-e's, whereas I can't even say the word out loud without having to have some letro.

Also, there were very few bbers back then compared to now. More bbers means more chances somebody's gonna get gyno.

TxLonghorn said:
I've seen pics of the old guys with gyno, but you have to remember they didn't use test as a rule because of the gyno problem. Also, many were probably just not that susceptible to gyno. I know some guys can run a gram of test/week and not use any anti-e's, whereas I can't even say the word out loud without having to have some letro.

Also, there were very few bbers back then compared to now. More bbers means more chances somebody's gonna get gyno.

I'd like to see a picture of someone with gyno prior to 1976. I doubt if any exist.

It was the dosages. Accept it. What is considred "mild" today would far surpass what those guys did.

BTW: There's a great film by Norm Kamish (sp?) of the 1967 and 68 Olympia. Some of those guys looked AMAZING! No GH, no clen, no T3, no ephedra, no dnp, no diuretics, no insulin, no nolva, no clomid and no gyno.

jcp2 said:

Arnold is 5'9... and even with the lifts in his shoes (and he wears huge lifts) he is still under 6 foot. I am 6 ft tall and I looked down at him when I met him.

Golgo13 said:
Arnold is 5'9... and even with the lifts in his shoes (and he wears huge lifts) he is still under 6 foot. I am 6 ft tall and I looked down at him when I met him.

wrong... he was 6'2" 240 for his last mr olympia.... hes still that height unless he shrunk.

perhaps you met someone who looked like ARnold:D

or your 7 feet tall and you dont know it

Nelson - Montana said:

It was the dosages. Accept it. What is considred "mild" today would far surpass what those guys did.

Curious though Nelson - your average gymrat every now and then will complain of gyno problems, and wouldn't it seem likely that the older pros at least used as much as them? Some of levels of development, even of the 1970s, would seem hard to believe on much less than 0.5-1g of test each week.

Much less than the pros of today, but enough to cause gyno you would think :confused:

leelee_69 said:
Curious though Nelson - your average gymrat every now and then will complain of gyno problems, and wouldn't it seem likely that the older pros at least used as much as them? Some of levels of development, even of the 1970s, would seem hard to believe on much less than 0.5-1g of test each week.

Much less than the pros of today, but enough to cause gyno you would think :confused:

Actually, test didn't become popular until the late 70's which is when dosages started skyrocketing. D-bol, Deca, Primo and Winstrol (winny) were the mainstays -- all mildly androgenic.

As the story goes...Arnold pushed the envelope harder than anyone else with 600 mgs of Primo a week and 50 mgs of D-bol a day, which I know doesn't seem outrageous, but it was at the time. 2-4 D-bol was the norm among the "hardcore" guys. So when you're talking about the oldtimers taking as much as todays guys , the arguement must be divided along time lines. After 1980, I'd say a lot of guys were going as crazy as the guys today, minus the slin and GH etc. But prior to Arnold, a "juicer" was a guy doing a couple of D-bol. Few people want to accept that fact or they'll claim the drugs were stronger but that's baloney. Guys like Scott and Draper and Sipes and Oliva were genetic freaks who busted their asses training like animals for hours every day . And most guys today couldn't come close to them even with 2 grams a week.

Nelson - Montana said:
As the story goes...Arnold pushed the envelope harder than anyone else with 600 mgs of Primo a week and 50 mgs of D-bol a day, which I know doesn't seem outrageous, but it was at the time. 2-4 D-bol was the norm among the "hardcore" guys.

We don't know that and we never will. There are stories that agree with this account from the 'guys that were there', to other 'guys that were there' who want to dispel the myths and talk about 2 grams/deca/week, etc. The only thing I've seen that they all seem to agree on about that time was that nobody did test, or at least not to any great extent.

And you can tell just from the movie pumping iron that the last thing arnold will say about gear usage will be the truth. Plus many of those guys want to tell you how rough they had it back then with no nolva, no insulin, and no growth.

TxLonghorn said:
We don't know that and we never will. There are stories that agree with this account from the 'guys that were there', to other 'guys that were there' who want to dispel the myths and talk about 2 grams/deca/week, etc. The only thing I've seen that they all seem to agree on about that time was that nobody did test, or at least not to any great extent.

And you can tell just from the movie pumping iron that the last thing arnold will say about gear usage will be the truth. Plus many of those guys want to tell you how rough they had it back then with no nolva, no insulin, and no growth.

Actually, Arnold was pretty candid about his steroid use when he first was becoming a celebrity. Of course, nobody can know what went on behind closed doors but I've spoken to a lot of guys who were there (Hell, I was there too) and I can tell you without a doubt, it was NOTHING like it is now -- and I mean since the internet. I've also known guys who would brag about their outrageous dosages and they don't compare to what I see guys posting as their second cycle.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again: After a certain point, more gear does not bring greater gains. This was the issue raised a while back when I exposed a stalker who took 2 grams a week and looked like nothing. Naturally, the post turned into a flame fest about my credentials and was ruined.

But the point is, training and genetics make the man and the gear just adds on top of it. You will never be great just because you take more gear than the next guy. And the fact remains, there wasn't a single case of gyno before 1976, so why is it so hard for people to accept?

Nelson - Montana said:
Actually, Arnold was pretty candid about his steroid use when he first was becoming a celebrity.

But the point is, training and genetics make the man and the gear just adds on top of it. You will never be great just because you take more gear than the next guy. And the fact remains, there wasn't a single case of gyno before 1976, so why is it so hard for people to accept?

Just because he talked about something doesn't mean he was telling the whole truth.

As far as I'm concerned genetics is 99% of the game. I've been around guys who looked awesome and they never worked out or took gear or new a damn thing about diet. Hell one guy would eat once a day, usually pizza, and was fucking ripped and big. Some guys were just born to be big. Too bad gear isn't like Colonel Colt.

I also don't accept the fact that there wasn't a single case of gyno before 1976. I'd like to see the stats on that, lol. I do think it was rarer than it is today for a few reasons, test wasn't as big as it is now, and there just weren't that many bbers. Hell, you saw the same 20 guys for years. Now there are so many of them you can't count them all. More bbers equals more of a chance to get gyno. Hell, until recently nobody thought tren could cause gyno because just not that many people had experience with it.

But who the hell cares? Like you pointed out, if you don't have 'it', you could do double whatever Arnold took (if he told you) and you'd probably never look like him. However, with insulin and gh, it's easier now than it was, lol.

Back