Another "I'm starting TRT" Thread *\o/* Yah! (Advice needed)

CBR1000rrr

Hello All,
I've thought about this for years and am taking the plunge. My labs seem to be a bit funky to me. Could someone chime in on my labs? Specifically the low Free-T and the high estradiol? I started 100-mg of Cypionate every 3.5-days the same day of the laboratory work. I have a very clean diet, however I do get on the liquid diet because of my line of work often (2-3 drinks per day). My arimadex prescription arrived today. I am thinking, with my already higher estrogen I should start with .25-mg on injection days, does this seem reasonable? I am looking to hit that sweet spot of 20-30 when I get my labs checked at week 6. However, I am worried about my E2.

Here are the numbers and thank you for the input.

6'
194-pounds
14% Body fat
4-Lifting sessions a week
6-Bicycling session, no less than 60-minutes up to 6-hours

Goal is to be 9% and 182-pounds.

Lab work :

GLUCOSE, PLASMA (LAB): 94

AST(SGOT): 36
ALT (SGPT): 25
ALK PHOS: 50

CHOLESTEROL (LAB): 214 (H)
TRIGLYCERIDES: 134
HDL CHOLESTEROL: 84
HDL CMNT: No Hemo
LDL CHOLEST: 103 (H)
VLDL CHOLESTEROL: 27
NON-HDL CHOLESTEROL: 130 (H)

ESTRADIOL, SERUM: 34 <47 (They dont give a range)

SEX HORMONE BIND GLOBULIN: 51 11-80
TESTOSTERONE, ADULT MALE: 583 300-1080
TESTOST: % FREE, ADULT MALE: 1.5 (L) 1.6%-2.6%
TESTOST: FREE CALC, ADULT MALE: 87 47-244

HEMOGLOBIN: 15.4
HEMATOCRIT: 45.5

:beer::beer:

Is this blood work from before going on TRT or while on TRT?

Can you please post reference ranges and units for your blood work results?

Is this blood work from before going on TRT or while on TRT?

Can you please post reference ranges and units for your blood work results?

This is pre-TRT lab work. I had the first injection day of. I will have a scheduled follow-up in 6-8-weeks with my provider with labs that day. I'm personally concerned about my E2 as it seems to be high already and may get my on E2 drawn in a few weeks.

SEX HORMONE BIND GLOBULIN 11 - 80 nmol/L 51

TESTOST: FREE CALC, ADULT MALE 47 - 244 pg/mL 87

TESTOST: % FREE, ADULT MALE 1.6 - 2.9 % 1.5 (L)

TESTOSTERONE, ADULT MALE 300 - 1080 ng/dL 583

ESTRADIOL, SERUM <=47 pg/mL 34
Comments: Estradiol Reference Range:

* * * * * * * * * Males: * * <48 pg/mL

So your Testosterone levels were fairly normal for a healthy male your age and your estradiol of 34 is just about in the perfect spot. I am pretty surprised a doctor would put you on TRT and that you would want to go on TRT for the test of your life.

Last edited:
So your Testosterone levels were fairly normal for a healthy male your age and your estradiol of 34 is just about in the perfect spot. I am pretty surprised a doctor would put you on TRT and that you would want to go on TRT for the test of your life.
Agree doesn't make any sense..

I was a professional athlete for 12-years and ultimately injuries ended my career. My test along with the rest of my labs have always been on the high side of normal. I was 205 and 7% for the majority of my 20s and early 30s. I've gained weight and have all the stereotypical side-effects you men had. So, I can see all of your concern or disbelief about my labs however this is low for me and my physician treats patients on a case by case basis. In short, yes I'd like to explore this option. I'd like to be competitive with my new hobby, cycling.

Thanks for you help

Just make sure that you understand that going on TRT isn't really an "exploration" but a lifetime commitment.

Could you elaborate on that?

Going on TRT doesn't "top up" your Testosterone levels. When your body gets exogenous testosterone it stops making its own (endogenous). This is referred to as HPTA Shutdown. The longer your HPTA is shut down the less likely it is to work on its own again if you try to come off. That's why guys who cycle steroids only do it for 10-16 weeks. And then they try to "jumpstart" their HPTA into working on its own again.

So in general, men who go on TRT go on it for the rest of their life. Every day you stay on TRT lowers your chances of being able to come off it if you ever wanted too. Now keep in mind, most guys who go on TRT are Hypogonadal (TT less than 300ng/dl). Not many guys with normal TT levels like you choose to go on TRT and pin for the rest of their lives.

I would encourage you to read the Basic TRT Overview sticky thread to get a better understanding of what TRT is all about.

Last edited:
Magatron just stated everything there is to say. It's a lifetime commitment of putting a needle in yourself once or twice a week and getting blood test for the rest your life along with donating blood the rest of your life. It's not that bad if you don't mind taking the time to do it right. Read the sticky on the TRT overview. It's a real good summary of everything involved.

Back