Anxiety......anyone else suffer?

buildingpaul

My anxiety is driving me mad.

I first got it 8 years ago. Since then I have tried almost every Anti-d to see if they help but with no joy.

Im currently on 30mg a day of Citalopram and 10mg a day of Diazepam (Valium)

Has anyone else got anxiety or had it......any ideas for trying to get over it?

I have had CBT sessions and Physcotherapy sessions, none have worked, tried almost every drug and still no joy. There is a brand of drugs called MAOI's. They are meant to be fantastic although Dr's are very reluctant to give them out due to the diet restrictions and the way they inta-react with other medications.

Any help for a very anxious guy would be great!!

What do you call anxiety ? depression? bad moods ? I think anxiety means that you are nervous, that you stress and fear for anything that is gonna happen..

I have mood swings all the time and I just try to deal with it

I have suffered from depression and panic attacks from 14years old, i have had to take several months of work several times in my life.

I have taken every antidep. that has been ever made, citalopram had the effect that i didnt climax during sex and that was it. They all have been pretty useless for me, so has therapy. The best drug for symptoms has been efexor but it also has THE WORST side effects, like for the first week you just wanna lie down and womit constantly but it goes away but comes straigth back when you miss a dose, it also makes you have the worst nigthmares you can imagine!

How old are you? Im now 27 and i can say that its getting better by the day, simply because i understand myself and suroundings better, plus i can control my thougth better.

The best thing i can recommend is NLP therapy(Neuro linguistic programming), the biggest single thing that has helped me was listening and to reading stuff by Anthony ´´Tony`` Robbins, the guy is a pure genious in teaching NLP therapy and can get you feeling better fast! You can buy hes audio tapes or just find the as a torrent or something.

Back