any ideas on why i have no energy in the gym?

SoHo

[gill]
for the past week i've noticed a drop in my energy levels in the gym and in general most of the time. i haven't changed anything i'm taking for months really

maybe i need to up my food? here's what my diet looks like:

i'm cutting so i'm at about 1700 cals per day, and a day or two out of the week i have no appetite so i probably get in 1200 calories which sucks, and for work i'm almost always on the go. my appetite goes down the drain when i cut. in the beginning i was doing 2000 cals a day and it seemed like that was my maintenance, but i was also working out like a fat boy and doing no cardio lol.

now i'm 180-182lbs @ 5'9 13% bodyfat. i'm not big, nor do i want to be. i've been a lean 200lbs before it's a look that's just not for me it doesn't suit me.

meal one- 1 cup egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 scoop protein, banana

meal two- 6 or 7oz lean protein source, 1 cup rice, vegetables

meal three- 6oz 90% lean red meat, half avocado, veggies

snack: protein shake with peanut butter, veg

pre bed- 2 pouches of tuna/salmon mixed with mayo, 1 scoop protein, peanut butter

that works out to roughly 1700 cals, 200g protein, 60g fat, 75g carbs (not counting veggies)

generally, that's been the diet for months and it's gotten me back in shape 20lbs lighter so i don't change it. i train after either meal 2 or 3, 5x a week 1-1.5 hours of weights, and since april i've incorporated 20-30 minutes on the stairs after every workout.

should i change my diet? up the calories? take a break? any suggestions? thanks guys

Last edited:
Maybe a few more cals? You're pretty low....but that's great that it has worked for you....congrats. Just thinking that the recent addition of the cardio may be depleting you. Just a guess bro

Best of luck to you bro. Keep up the good work

Maybe a few more cals? You're pretty low....but that's great that it has worked for you....congrats. Just thinking that the recent addition of the cardio may be depleting you. Just a guess bro

Best of luck to you bro. Keep up the good work
thanks man! a muffin top isn't a good look for anybody. i think i'd agree as well, i'm pretty good on protein so do you think more fat cals or carb cals?

thanks man! a muffin top isn't a good look for anybody. i think i'd agree as well, i'm pretty good on protein so do you think more fat cals or carb cals?

My advice is bump up the carbs. CLEAN carbs. Complex carbs. That's what I would do. Hope this helps

If I was eating like you I wouldn***8217;t have any energy while training. I would add carbs for sure. I eat oats with my breakfast and it makes a huge difference how I feel and I always eat carbs about two hours before training. Your muscles should look more full with more carbs also. Check out Jay Cutler on YouTube and watch his diet leading up to his contest. He explains how he never lowers carbs for a cut. Same with Lee Priest.

If I was eating like you I wouldn***8217;t have any energy while training. I would add carbs for sure. I eat oats with my breakfast and it makes a huge difference how I feel and I always eat carbs about two hours before training. Your muscles should look more full with more carbs also. Check out Jay Cutler on YouTube and watch his diet leading up to his contest. He explains how he never lowers carbs for a cut. Same with Lee Priest.
oh yes oh yes!

You might be overtraining with that little amount of calories. Cardio burns you out sometimes and effects you in the gym.

Back