anyone know what this means? seized pack?

deathbringer

We attempted to deliver your item at XXXX PM on March 26, 2007 in XXXXXXX and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Just tracked my pack and it said this. I dont have any notice about them trying to deliever the pack. I've been home all day and Im pretty sure noone rang the doorbell or anything

what should i do?

call the post office and tell them to reattempt delivery you did not get notice to sign and give them permission to leave at door

omerta said:
call the post office and tell them to reattempt delivery you did not get notice to sign and give them permission to leave at door
I agree, if they ssay a signature is required, chalk it up as a loss.

If it does comeand is left at the door, write in black marker on it "Adressee unknown, return to sender and place INSIDE your door for a few days. Open after a few daysof it sitting inside your door.

DO not sign EVER.

if its intl. you have to sign bro! but that notice is the norm. i have no trouble picking my packs up. but thats me! just wait until they redeliver tomorrow. just make sure your around to get it. if its domestic someone forgot to waive the signature!!! if your shit was seized that is not the notice you would have gotten. if it was a controlled delivery trust me you would have known the mailman was there! i say your ok! jmo!!!

deathbringer said:
could i go to the post office and ask if they have any packages for me? or is that the same as signing for a pack?
Thats when they give you the package and when you take it they cufff you or the Postal inspector shows you the way to his office until local authorities get there.

WARCHILD said:
if its intl. you have to sign bro! but that notice is the norm. i have no trouble picking my packs up. but thats me! just wait until they redeliver tomorrow. just make sure your around to get it. if its domestic someone forgot to waive the signature!!! if your shit was seized that is not the notice you would have gotten. if it was a controlled delivery trust me you would have known the mailman was there! i say your ok! jmo!!!
I know a guy locally that got handed a delivery from UPS and the UPS guy was a cop. He was cuffed and stuffed.
IMO....I would never sign....i dont even keep anything in my house anymore. Its gotten too crazy.

This same thing has happened with almost every international package I've personally tracked. Every package was fine.

USPS isn't very good about actually leaving those notices they left.

This certainly isn't a seizure and it doesn't smell of a setup.

mranak said:
This same thing has happened with almost every international package I've personally tracked. Every package was fine.

USPS isn't very good about actually leaving those notices they left.

This certainly isn't a seizure and it doesn't smell of a setup.

did you have to call the post office or has it come the next day

deathbringer said:
what is weird is that the mailman usually comes at like 11:30. This said they attempted to deliver it around 3:00?

if its express! in my area express mail doesnt run with the regular mail! bc it has a deadline!

deathbringer said:

just wait till tomorrow and see if it gets delivered! if your not hot to begin wih i wouldnt sweat it.

gator_mclusky said:
Express still gets dropped off at the door unless one request a signature.

o yeah! i was just explaining why the regular mail may run at 4:30 pm but express gets dropped off at 10 in the morning! as an example! thats all!

i live in a building and we have mail deliveries at 11 and then at 3 if something didnt get on the first ttruck.

I think that you just weren't home. Simple as that. I've received the same notice before. Better to air on the side of caution though.

deathbringer said:
I wasn't the destination, but in all cases the post office was called and told the package would be picked up.

The USPS handles international express packages as urgent, which is very different from 1st class and priority. They'll even attempt delivery of these packages on Sundays. So the abnormal factor here isn't unusual. It also seems like the post office has a habit of stating that a notice was left when in fact, it was not.

And International Express packages require a signature; simple as that.

gator_mclusky said:
Express still gets dropped off at the door unless one request a signature.
Gator, you obviously don't have much experience receiving International express packages, so you might just want to sit this one out. ;)

These packages require a signature whether you request it or not.

Back