Anyone tried Crossfit?

fedwin

In an article in one of Crossfit Journals, the author says that the hierarchy of strength gains starts like this : Crossfit on steroids, bodybuilding on steroids, Crossfit, bodybuilding...

I didn't find any posts on crossfit when I searched, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it?

crossfit is pretty solid.

it depends on what your goals are. If you want to be a competative PL'er or BB'er it's probably not the way to go, but if you want to look decent and be in good shape it will do the job.

I did crossfit on a daily basis for several months cuz my boss was all into that and adventure racing and eco challenge stuff. He amped up the workouts (e.g. increasing the reps or time) and it was a serious butt kicker. I was in incredible shape but I lost muscle mass since it killed my lifting routine.

thanks, that is just what I was seeking...opinions from people who tried it or have seen it but aren't die hard converts out to proselytyze.

In an article in one of Crossfit Journals, the author says that the hierarchy of strength gains starts like this : Crossfit on steroids, bodybuilding on steroids, Crossfit, bodybuilding...

I didn't find any posts on crossfit when I searched, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it?

Great system. Did the month long elements course over 2 years ago and got hooked. Got in better shape and gained more muscle than I have ever had than with years of traditional training. I do think cardio and running needs to be emphasized more in CF and the 6 days a week regimen is simply too much. I would suggest 4-5 days a week MAX. I would be curious to see someone do this system while on a mild anabolic though. :destroy:

Its funny that the cross fit trainers train with my olympic lifting coach. Working with my olympic lifting coach is cheaper than working with a crossfit trainer. Its a great general conditioning program, but it does not add much muscle.

Everything is worth a try, but i hate the high rep cardio bullshit myself.

although thrombosis the clown is a great mascot

Great system. Did the month long elements course over 2 years ago and got hooked. Got in better shape and gained more muscle than I have ever had than with years of traditional training. I do think cardio and running needs to be emphasized more in CF and the 6 days a week regimen is simply too much. I would suggest 4-5 days a week MAX. I would be curious to see someone do this system while on a mild anabolic though. :destroy:

that and/or EPO

i'm a CrossFit coach, if anyone has questions, i'd be happy to hep.

And CrossFit isn't high rep cardio bull shit. it's literally geared towards peak fitness. the ability to do the most work. the reason those crossfit coaches train with the oly coach is because they want to improve their oly lifts. But those guys are also doing gymnastics, rowing, kettlebelling...etc. the biggest difference is muscle developed in functional movements. maintain and gain flexibility while making big strength gains. gain speed and power while still gaining strength and increasing cardio respiratory capability. i would really like to help people ad some elements of functionality to their workouts. i'd really like to spread some different training options for people.

i'm a CrossFit coach, if anyone has questions, i'd be happy to hep.

And CrossFit isn't high rep cardio bull shit. it's literally geared towards peak fitness. the ability to do the most work. the reason those crossfit coaches train with the oly coach is because they want to improve their oly lifts. But those guys are also doing gymnastics, rowing, kettlebelling...etc. the biggest difference is muscle developed in functional movements. maintain and gain flexibility while making big strength gains. gain speed and power while still gaining strength and increasing cardio respiratory capability. i would really like to help people ad some elements of functionality to their workouts. i'd really like to spread some different training options for people.

This. A bunch of us at Primordial have been doing it for the past six months and have seen awesome results.

Back