anyone use oatmeal as a primary carb source

EVERY single day I have 1 cup of oatmeal.

I wish I could have more.

I may start incorporating it into another meal instead of having to eat a sw potato or brown rice.

The reason:

I drink my oatmeal, and it takes 10 seconds to chug 1 cup, 54g carbs, 300cals.

I LOVE DRINKING IT. :insane2:

I'm cutting right now and oatmeal is the only carb I really eat, cept on cheat days. Can't really beat it for the price.

My main carb sources are oats (prefer to eat dry) and brown rice. When I have time, I grab some sweet potatoes from the market, cut em up, throw some extra virgin olive oil, a little seasoning and throw 'um in the oven to make fries. That's some good shit right there.

Yes....I use oatmeal in 4 of my 6/7 meals each day.

It also keeps your pooper working per spec.

Gumbo

I remember Dirk I believe stating that brown rice and oatmeal are both great complex carb sources but brown rice is the better of the two and that alot of people are actually allergic to oatmeal yet they dont know it so it keeps them looking bloated... I think Dirk is the one that wrote that in a thread a while back, correct me if im wrong... I eat oatmeal with my egg whites in the morning or oatmeal with my MRP in the morning If Im in a rush then the rest of the day is veggies and brown rice.

ecke70 said:
yup as brekfast and immidietly after training

You don't really want to take it immediately after training.
** I guess you could take it, but it shouldn't be your only carb source.

Yes oatmeal is by far my favorite source of carbs, I eat 2-3 cups a day. Without a big cup of oatmeal before the gym I would probaly have to end my workout early because of hunger, haha.

You don't really want to take it immediately after training.
well i ussually take it along with a banana. i also have some jam or sugar on top. i know it isnt optimal since its slow carbs but im a cyclist and when i come home from training I like the feeling of eating a meal and not just having a shake. and oatmeal really is the fastest to cook.

but suggestions how i could make it better would be appreciated

does anyone eat their oats by just putting them in your post workout shake. i mean without cooking just put them in your postworkout shake along with the dex and protein. just wandering if ne one else did that

catnapper32 said:
does anyone eat their oats by just putting them in your post workout shake. i mean without cooking just put them in your postworkout shake along with the dex and protein. just wandering if ne one else did that

Yep, me too. protein, dex, malt, oatmeal, and a few ice cubes. tastes great!

catnapper32 said:
I'll put oats in some of my shakes, but not my PWO shake. I just add sugar or dextrose to that.

For the record, I fucking hate ordinary oatmeal cooked in water, even with Splenda and cinnamon added or whatever. But I love the instant shit.

Back