Are Steroids Really Bad at 18 years of age?

CindBB

I know that using AAS before the age of 26 is wrong as the human body and brain needs to reach its fully matured state at the age 25 or 26, so I was at the gym the other day and overheard a heavy/heated debate about this subject between bodybuilders with each side swearing up and down that they were right and that long terms effects where null and void being said by the younger lads.

I know that at 18 years of age the brain in only halfway developed and if AAS is used by a person at that age or circa their brain will stay at that level for the rest of that person life with little chance of growth.
So halfway developed means having an IQ which is significantly lower that what that persons real IQ could of been if that person would of never started using AAS at age 18 or around that age. The prefrontal cortex doesn't have nearly the functional capacity at age 18 as it does at 25 which means that some people may have major struggles with impulsive decisions, planning behavior to reach a goal and a whole lot of other downsides to it.
So basically its turning into a nation of young cows being led to the slaughter. sad to see our youth being influenced like this.

All I'll say on this topic is one, your right and two when ever a young person ( under the age of 25) comes on this board looking for advise on cycling MOST of us try to steer him away from that decision, on the grounds u described in your post.
We try to influence the young in the right direction being right dieting, working out, using their own natural test to achieve their goals.
Good post, your point is very true, sad but true.

Dude, AAS doesn't affect your brain or hinder maturity. The idea of starting to young is no different than smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol before a certain age. Its almost like a moral thing as far as I am concerned. The one difference is that your body is still growing as in growth plates. Guys still hit natural growth spurts at 21. I know a guy who grew 4 inches at 20. Once you chemically enhance your body, you run the risk of stopping natural growths full potential. Doing this at a younger age can potentially have you miss the opportunity to take advantage of these things.
Other than that, it isn't going to hurt your more from a health standpoint.

I wont touch this one but i guess its good to wait because you may ruin your hormones just to find out this is not your life time passion.

Steroids are great at 15! In fact, your body makes a lot of steroids, in particular Testosterone, st that age. At 18 a health set of nuts is cranking out a good amount. And it's great for you.

Now, if you want, you can really trash that system with exogenous steroids and suffer the consequences. And there's been some pretty good research lately that shows the average T of guys who did their last cycle years and years earlier is lower than men who have never cycled.

I think doing a cycle at a young age is similar to being a trust fund baby. Money isn't bad, but if you make things too easy on kids at a young age they will not learn to work hard for it.

good post.. nailed it
Steroids are great at 15! In fact, your body makes a lot of steroids, in particular Testosterone, st that age. At 18 a health set of nuts is cranking out a good amount. And it's great for you.

Now, if you want, you can really trash that system with exogenous steroids and suffer the consequences. And there's been some pretty good research lately that shows the average T of guys who did their last cycle years and years earlier is lower than men who have never cycled.

I think doing a cycle at a young age is similar to being a trust fund baby. Money isn't bad, but if you make things too easy on kids at a young age they will not learn to work hard for it.

Back