Arimidex- Who Uses It Post Cycle???

ive heard both. some swear by it some swear by not using it. this is with clomid regardless though. after researching ive desided it might be better not too use it post cycle, if using clomid for post cycle.

both testerone and estrogen are very low post cycle, we use clomid to simulate an estrogen, therefore stimulating the hypothalamus to produce more testerone, therefore, i woudl think that arimidex would not be of any benefit, and possibly slow down recoevry. Not to mention, lower your igf-1 levels, and screw with your blood lipid profiles.

i believe it is somewhat the opposite as far as the clomid. it binds to the er at the hypothalmus making your body see and estrogen deficiency and release test wich can be converted via the aromatase enyme to estrogen. estrogen itself is also needed post cycle. not sure exactly how, something about lessions or something. this is why estrogen blockers work post cycle while aromatase blockers suck ass

iced said:
both testerone and estrogen are very low post cycle, we use clomid to simulate an estrogen, therefore stimulating the hypothalamus to produce more testerone, therefore, i woudl think that arimidex would not be of any benefit, and possibly slow down recoevry. Not to mention, lower your igf-1 levels, and screw with your blood lipid profiles.

Actually, Clomid is an estrogen agonist/antagonist; inhibitory in some tissues, stimulatory in others. Stimulates gonadotropin release via hypothalamic-pituitary action, thereby stimulating the gonads to release testosterone.
If test is low post cycle, which it is, then inhibiting the conversion of test to estrogen by aromatase is a moot point. Thus, Arimidex probably would have little effect one way or the other.
However, estrogen levels can be significantly higher relative to androgens in the post-cycle period. This is why estrogen ANTAGONISTS, such as tomoxifen can be of benefit during this period.

I've liked arim/clomid in the past. I mainly use the arim to keep away the clomid sides. In the future, I may use nolv/clomid instead.

buffdoc said:
Actually, Clomid is an estrogen agonist/antagonist; inhibitory in some tissues, stimulatory in others. Stimulates gonadotropin release via hypothalamic-pituitary action, thereby stimulating the gonads to release testosterone.
If test is low post cycle, which it is, then inhibiting the conversion of test to estrogen by aromatase is a moot point. Thus, Arimidex probably would have little effect one way or the other.
However, estrogen levels can be significantly higher relative to androgens in the post-cycle period. This is why estrogen ANTAGONISTS, such as tomoxifen can be of benefit during this period.

BuffDoc is 100%. This is a staple regimine post cycle. Clomid post cycle will help the natural test levels back. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is used as well. The anti-e if your cycle is heavy androgen base, will keep your estrogen levels in check, preventing gyno and those dreded "Bitch Tits". As far as IGF-1 and anti-e, the reduction is approx 18%. If your taking Hgh, increase your intake to make up the difference.

OK guys, so let's say if your cycle looked like this- Test Enanthate@500mgs for 8 weeks and Dbol@25-30mgs a day for the first 5 weeks with Arimidex@.5mgs EOD throughout. When would you start Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and Clomid?

I would start Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) 2 weeks later...

When I use Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) I run it along w/ Clomid at the same time since clomid can be used to keep gynecomastia uder check..(It is weak but it helps.)

Last edited:
Tex,
As I said in our email, I'd run a little Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) intra-cycle as well.
But, you know, this debate about post cycle recovery is going to go on for some time. I'm beginning to think that it will be more of an individual thing, like cycling (some people get gyno, get aggresso, get ravenously hungry, and some don't; some get way horny, others on the same dose and drug lose the libido).
So as vehement as some folks get about post-cycle protocols, dogma probably won't work post-cycle any more than it does during the cycle. One man's meat may be another man's poison.
I've talked to people who've never used Clomid and come back fine, every time, like clockwork. (I'll probably not use again it after my recent experience ;-)
Two words: Biological Individuality

Back