aspiration is a bitch!!

johnnyblaze

each time i inject.. i have to replace arond 4 darts. i penteratated through my left quad aspirated found some blood drops replaced hit another spot felt this shock through my whole leg. yes i hit a nerve. pulled out replaced grinned at my right quad wiped the bitch and penterated through aspirated.. aspirated soo hard the plunger wasnt pulling back. i kept forcing to pull it back still wasnt moving back so i just injected slowly. do any of you have to pull the plunger back till u get bubbles?? or should u just try to pull back and if it doesnt go back just inject it? coz from what people say it should be easy when u are in a vein the plunger will go back softly with blood droplets in it?? also i try injectiong into my delts but it was a bitch. i cant even aspirate there. yeah i pull back bu ti gotta pull back till i get bubbles in the syring maybe im just paranoid and over doing it??? anyone got advice for me? lol

you must be weak if you can't even pull the plunger back doing a quad shot. sometimes i cant get it back when doing glutes (im in an odd position and using one hand) so when i pull and it don't come back i just shoot away. if i pull too much i usually pull the whole needle out.

I only aspirate enough to see some bubbles jump in the syringe. Usually thats all the room I have to pull the plunger back anyways since Im usually shooting 3 ml's at a time.

Johnny, for quads, try and remember the "high and to the outside" rule. I have never hit a nerve in my legs since using this method.

Pull back until you get bubbles??? Why???

Dude, if you hit a vein, you're going to see blood. It's that easy. No need to pull for bubbles--if you don't see blood then you're cool.

as long as you feel pressure/resistance when pulling back, you're good to go. 0.2cc's should be enough to see a bubble form though, and you don't need to go back any further anyway...

thanx guys. i know how it feels to hit a vien. i made a stupid mistake 3 years ago injecting i was stupid and unedcuated. i felt light headed and i nearly passedout couldnt walk. i feel fine now. infact.. i feel good lol. biggie i always use that high and to the outsude rule and i still manage to hit a vien. i dont get it. i always do my injections in quads 1/15 shots id hit a vien. so im always cautious when penterating rhough the muscle.. if u hit a vien u will react quickly to it and pull out.

BiggieSwolls said:
I only aspirate enough to see some bubbles jump in the syringe. Usually thats all the room I have to pull the plunger back anyways since Im usually shooting 3 ml's at a time.

Johnny, for quads, try and remember the "high and to the outside" rule. I have never hit a nerve in my legs since using this method.

Same here, only aspirate enough to see some bubbles in the syringe.........then shoot away.:D

you dont have to asperate until you see bubbles, all's it takes is a flik of the thumb and you will no if you are in a vein

Back