Back into training aftertime off

Hi Guys,

I wanted to get everyones thoughts on my new training program. I find myself in uncharted waters as I am starting fresh from a nearly 2yr break from the gym (Married with 2 kids now!!!!). I have been boxing in my garage for that whole time and dropped 3-4kg in the process.

Current Stats - 34, 6"2, 86kg, U/K BF, got a small gut but that's about it.

I have set my garage up quite nicely and have the following -

1. Adjustable Bench
2. Olympic BB (Plenty of weights)
3. Olympic DB (As above)
4. EZ bar
5. Adjustable Squat/Bench racks
6. Boxing bag mounted to wall

I have been doing whole body workouts for the past 2 weeks very lightly just to get me back into the swing of things but they are starting to take to long (With boxing as cardio its pushing 80-90 min)

Anyway I can only dedicate 3 days PW to train (Max hour or so each time) and I have come up with the following routine -

Monday - RD
Tuesday - Chest/Back - boxing
Wednesday - RD
Thursday - Legs/Arms - boxing
Friday - RD
Saturday - Chest/Back - boxing
Sunday - RD

I know, the first 2 things you will say is where is the shoulder work/Why doubling up on Chest/Back. The reason for no Shoulder work is not only am I sick of injuries to them, but boxing is my cardio work after each session and about the only part of my body that looks great ATM are my shoulders, lol, so im hoping to keep it that way without any direct work as they get hit pretty hard anyway.

Chest/Back twice PW is a personal preference.

Anyway here is the breakdown -

Chest/Back, 3 sets each exercise, alternating sets on either day so more Chest one, then more Back the other, if that makes sense. -

Bench, Incline DB, Decline Push ups (Optional), Flye, V Bar row, Chins, DB row

Legs/Arms, 3-4 sets for legs, 3 sets arms -

Squat, DB lunge, BW squat, Romanian DL, Calf Raise, EZ curl, Hammers, CG Bench, Seated French

CARDIO

5 min skip to warmup

workout

2 x 2 min skip
2 x 2 min shadow box
4-6 x 2 min heavy bag

All compound movements are 8/6/4 rep range with all others 10/8/6. I am looking to get some resemblance of strength back at this stage while getting rid of some fat (not looking to strip down or anything at this point)

Diet is 2000-2400 cals a day on a carb cycle (High days on training days, low/none on RD) - But that's an issue foe the diet section I know :)

What does everyone think? Is it an allright program? Im looking to do it for 8 weeks then change exercises etc to keep things fresh.

Let me know :)

Last edited:
just remember to start slow brother... it doesn't matter what program you start on so long as you take it easy.. giving your body a chance to catch up

Back