Back On TRT After 2 Years!

babyface58

Doing the TRT thing
I'm back on TRT after 2 years off.

Just did my first injection, 62.5mg Test Cyp.

My last bloodwork:
Total Testosterone 485 (348 - 1197 ng/dL)
Free Testosterone 9.9 (8.7 - 25.1 pg/mL)
Estrogen 20.7 (8.0 - 35.0 pg/mL)

My TRT protocol:
Test Cyp: 62.5mg every 4 days
Anastrozole 0.25mg every other day
HCG 250iu every other day
Vitamin D3 5,000iu daily

I'll get my bloodwork done in 3 weeks to see what happens... or should I wait 4 weeks?

----

My symptoms:

- Constant anxiety.
- Depression.
- Dull feeling.
- Tired a lot.
- Hard to get out of bed in the morning.
- Low appetite.
- Emotional.
- No sense of well-being.
- I don't feel happy in general.
- Lack of motivation for life.
- Lack of energy.
- Lack of confidence.
- Lack of aggression and assertiveness.
- Uninspired to take action.
- Withdrawn from relationships and other people.
- Brain fog.
- Not feeling very smart.
- Difficulty concentrating.
- Indecisive.
- Bad memory.
- Sex drive is good, but goes down in the evening.

I had been told the saturation process with Testosterone Cypionate is around 6 weeks. Getting blood work done often is always a good idea.

I would suggest getting blood work done at 3 weeks and at 6 weeks. Compare and contrast and get dialed it.

Welcome Back!!

That's a lot of anastrozole for a low dose of cyp. I guess if your blood work keeps coming back good then go for it!!

How old are you?

Your symptoms sound like depression more than low t. They can be one in the same but at 485 you are far from clinically low. I understand though......my natty level was 600 but I'm on trt anyway. Call it a blast and cruise.

Let us know how this protocol works for you. Am very curious about your symptoms and I fear testosterone may not help. Have you ever been to a doc for depression before?

I would choose 485 natural levels over 1000ng/dl on trt any day. If you need TRT it is worth it but I would say anything over 400 is completely fine for the normal person, I even say that after being at 1000 for 4 years straight. Trt can be great if you need it but it's not worth going on pre maturely because your testosterone is temporarily lowered from steroid cycles.

I had been told the saturation process with Testosterone Cypionate is around 6 weeks. Getting blood work done often is always a good idea.

I would suggest getting blood work done at 3 weeks and at 6 weeks. Compare and contrast and get dialed it.

Welcome Back!!

Good call I’ll do both 3 and 6 weeks. My main concern was just checking as soon as possible to make sure my estrogen isn’t way out of control, and T levels aren’t crazy high or crazy low.

Why TRT? 485 is perfect!!!

Check my post I listed all my symptoms at the bottom.

Also free T is very low as you can see. And my previous bloodwork before this my free T was below the reference range.

That’s why I decided to begin TRT again.

That's a lot of anastrozole for a low dose of cyp. I guess if your blood work keeps coming back good then go for it!!

How old are you?

Your symptoms sound like depression more than low t. They can be one in the same but at 485 you are far from clinically low. I understand though......my natty level was 600 but I'm on trt anyway. Call it a blast and cruise.

Let us know how this protocol works for you. Am very curious about your symptoms and I fear testosterone may not help. Have you ever been to a doc for depression before?

I just went with the same dosing for everything from last time I was dialed in on TRT.

This dosing with T, HCG, and Anastrozole had me around 800 TT and E2 in the low 20’s, high teens.

I’m 32.

Definitely some depression but then I ask myself, what came first? The depression, or the low/bottom-range T? All I know is I never felt like this when I was on TRT.

So you had 600 but you went on I’m assuming just for the muscle-building benefits I’m assuming since you’re blasting and cruising?

Building muscle is a big part of why I’m back on TRT as well. It was very hard for me to recover from workouts, appetite was low, strength was down, completely drained after workouts, no progress, etc.

Never been to the doctor for depression. I would never take an anti depressant. I wasn’t suicidal or anything like that. When it comes to something like depression/shitty mood, I prefer to try enhancing my hormones and strengthen my mind before resorting to anti depressant meds.

I would choose 485 natural levels over 1000ng/dl on trt any day. If you need TRT it is worth it but I would say anything over 400 is completely fine for the normal person, I even say that after being at 1000 for 4 years straight. Trt can be great if you need it but it's not worth going on pre maturely because your testosterone is temporarily lowered from steroid cycles.

What about when your free T is as low as mine was? My last 4 blood tests showed free T at the very bottom of the range, and one of the tests showed I was below the reference range.

I’ve never done a steroid cycle. And It’s been 2 years since I’ve been on TRT.

In that time I’ve tried everything to get my natural levels up: Solid diet, workout, sleep, vitamin D3, ZMA, etc...

And after all this time, I still feel this way and my free T is still this low. So that’s why I started TRT again.

Yeah.....I went on to blast and cruise without ever worrying about pct or about my levels in the future. This is probably a stupid thing for a man my age to do....but what the hell, I'm giving it a shot......literally ;)
I stay on cycle for 3 months or so, then I trt for 3 months or less and get my bloodwork. After I get my blood drawn I cycle again.
I only mentioned your anastrozole dose because that's a lot for me....a whole lot. But my e2 comes in high normal and my testosterone comes in high normal or a bit above. I like keeping them at that ratio. I crashed my estrogen a little one time and that's not something I wish to repeat.

Keep us updated bro

I just went with the same dosing for everything from last time I was dialed in on TRT.

This dosing with T, HCG, and Anastrozole had me around 800 TT and E2 in the low 20s, high teens.

In that time Ive tried everything to get my natural levels up: Solid diet, workout, sleep, vitamin D3, ZMA, etc...

And after all this time, I still feel this way and my free T is still this low. So thats why I started TRT again.

Sounds like you've got this pretty well sorted out.

Sounds like you've got this pretty well sorted out.

As far as my gameplan I think so... but the only question is can I manage the side effects. Because that’s why I quit TRT in the first place 2 years ago: Severe cystic acne and hair loss.

I made another post about this talking about taking a very small dose of liquid dutasteride to try and keep my DHT levels in the mid-normal range.

https://www.steroidology.com/forum/testosterone-replacement-therapy/693913-control-dht-cure-acne-hair-loss.html

So I’m just hoping I can find a way to manage the side effects this time around.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Just got my bloodwork back after 30 days on this protocol:

Test Cyp: 75mg every 4 days
Anastrozole 0.25mg every other day
HCG 250iu every other day
Vitamin D3 5,000iu daily

Bloodwork:

Total Testosterone: 1,273 (348 - 1197 ng/dL)
Free Testosterone: 33.4 (8.7 - 25.1 pg/mL)
DHT: 91.0 (30 - 85 ng/dL)

These are my trough numbers, taken on day of injection, before injection.

And my last HCG shot was 24 hours before the bloodwork was taken.

I feel great. Although I tend to wake up early in the morning, and can't get back to sleep, so I'm a bit sleep deprived, which is affecting my physical and mental energy. And I've been getting night sweats sometimes too.

Going to drop the dose to 60mg every 4 days and see how that works.

Will test again in 30 days.

And will get E2 tested as well. (No nipple issues, high sex drive, and taking anastrozole so it should be mostly under control.)

Last edited:
Back