Baking Is Gay

A-10

Delectable Injectables
I figured I'd play it safe and bake my prop and tren after I made it just to humor myself. Cooked it for an hour at 275, let it cool with the pins in, etc.. Now theres little 25g holes where I left the pins in the stopper. I thought it'd be fine but when I turned the vial upside down to draw a little bit started oozing out, maybe a drop or so. Fuck.

I really dont feel like ordering up just 2 50ml bottles to transfer it. I was thinking maybe a little dab of superglue or something? I won't be baking my shit again.

Did it ooze through when it was still hot?

If so it will probably be fine at room temp or around there.

Viscosity is inversely proportional to temperature OMG!!!1

Ive had this happen once before, i think it was shitty stoppers on those vials i had.

NYCEE said:
Ive had this happen once before, i think it was shitty stoppers on those vials i had.

did you just leave it or buy a new vial? You think a little spec of super glue would help?

IM it did it after it had cooled down when I was drawing to shoot. I usually put a cc of air into the vial before drawing and when I did and flipped it up a little started coming out. My whole cycle is likely ruined, chances of winning next year's Olympia gone :(

A method used to make an injectable sterile renders the final product unsterile. The ironies of drug use are plenty.

A-10 said:
did you just leave it or buy a new vial? You think a little spec of super glue would help?

I actually have a crimper so i threw a new stopper and seal on. Why would this ruin your cycle? Just transfer it to a new vial.

Ive had it happen. Lets be real (real son?) really real...THAT NIGGA TRIED TO KILL MY FATHERRRR

Chappelle in his glory.

Anyways, I had a 50ml that leaked like a mofo. I didnt really give a fuck, kept it upright and swabbed the top each inject. Used all 50ml with no problems.

I no longer bother baking. Its 99.999% effective at making you think your brew is sterile.

DougoeFre5h said:
I no longer bother baking. Its 99.999% effective at making you think your brew is sterile.

me neither. kind of like I don't filter my Winstrol (winny) either. funny how things change

DougoeFre5h said:
Ive had it happen. Lets be real (real son?) really real...THAT NIGGA TRIED TO KILL MY FATHERRRR

Chappelle in his glory.

Anyways, I had a 50ml that leaked like a mofo. I didnt really give a fuck, kept it upright and swabbed the top each inject. Used all 50ml with no problems.

Baking can work. It will kill all live bacteria, but it will not kill spores from the Clostridium or Bacillus species. What you can do, though, is bake a second time. After you bake the first time the spores will germinate because they thing everything is ok. When you bake the second time, bam, you have killed them.

Dry heat sterilization of oil-based preparations is ineffective. Some people recommend 250F, which is the temperature used in most autoclaves. These devices use pressure and wet sterilization and will work on aqueous solution but not on oil based. The time required to kill a known population of microorganisms in a specific suspension at a particular temperature is referred to as thermal death time (TDT). However, oils slow heat penetration and increase TDT. Therefore dry heat sterilization is less efficient than an autoclave and requires more heat and time. If dry heat sterilization alone is used the heat must be raised to 320F-340F for 2 to 4 hours. This would damage many of the hormone preparations we make.

Your best bet is to follow sterile practices, use 2% BA and filter with a .2um filter.

I use water in a pan and give the vail a hot bath, filter that to a steril vail and crimp a top on.
but i'm new to this home brew so take it for what its worth

Uridium245 said:
Dry heat sterilization of oil-based preparations is ineffective. Some people recommend 250F, which is the temperature used in most autoclaves. These devices use pressure and wet sterilization and will work on aqueous solution but not on oil based. The time required to kill a known population of microorganisms in a specific suspension at a particular temperature is referred to as thermal death time (TDT). However, oils slow heat penetration and increase TDT. Therefore dry heat sterilization is less efficient than an autoclave and requires more heat and time. If dry heat sterilization alone is used the heat must be raised to 320F-340F for 2 to 4 hours. This would damage many of the hormone preparations we make.

Your best bet is to follow sterile practices, use 2% BA and filter with a .2um filter.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to heat whatever at 200 F for ten minutes. Say some bacteria (Psuedomonas aeruginosa) got on the needle and those bacteria then got into the vial. I'm not saying just to heat sterilize, but it is wrong to say heat is ineffective (even dry heat) in killing bacteria.

It won't hurt but won't help either. Oil has a thermal protective effect in regards to micro-organisms suspended in it. Oil being a very poor thermal conductor as compared to water and will insulate the bacteria. Heating to 200F for 10 minutes is the equivelant of putting a roach in the microwave. All it's gonna do is piss him off. Plus we have not even touched on pyrogens or endotoxins from gram negative bacteria which would require heating to 480F+ for 3 or 4 hours.

Check the link below and make sure to review Table 4.

http://www.aapspharmsci.org/view.asp?art=ps050208

"Results of the preservative screening tests showed that the formulations containing 0.75% and 0.5% benzyl alcohol are potential candidates to meet the USP/EP criteria (Table 4). Both formulations demonstrated a complete kill of the tested bacterial and fungal species after 7 days."

One more reason why I never brew and shoot. Give the BA time to get to anything the filter missed.

coloradosteve said:
Still, it wouldn't hurt to heat whatever at 200 F for ten minutes. Say some bacteria (Psuedomonas aeruginosa) got on the needle and those bacteria then got into the vial. I'm not saying just to heat sterilize, but it is wrong to say heat is ineffective (even dry heat) in killing bacteria.
200 F for 10 mins won't do shit. I do 275 F for an hour, although I'll probably stop doing that eventually as it 1) isn't necessary and 2) maybe isn't effective, anyway.

Back