Baseball Pitcher Shoulder Recovery

Bluemarlin

Good evening,

Let me start off with a little bit of the back story. I've been playing since I was three and I'm 22 right now, so you can only imagine the wear and tear I've put into my shoulder. 2 summer ago I had surgery on my elbow, ulnar trans********** I rehabed and started up on my throwing program. It was going great until my shoulder started giving me problems. At first I thought nothing of it, just some soreness. However the pain got worse and worse to the point where I had no strength when I threw. At this point I started to question my chances of achieving the goals I had set out and quit baseball. The doctors diagnosed me with shoulder impingement and a small slap tear on the labrum. 2 years later (now) I figure it's my last chance to give it a shot. Some scouts from winter ball in South America trust in my skills and talent, and decide to give me a spot for this upcoming winter ball. I've been doing my throwing program, 60 ft was good, 90 was good, then 120......I started getting soreness but nothing too bad. My velocity was still high, good spin on the ball (all indicates that I have stability and there is no tear in the labrum). Now I'm at 150 and my bicep is killing me. Went to the doctor and not only do I still have impingement, but also bicep tendinitis. My body is in good shape, legs are strong and upper body is strong. I have always contemplated what if I would have used performance enhancers.....well know I feel like it is my time to or else my chance to play professional will never come again.

I have been researching, but what I find on the internet is beyond overwhelming. Deca is a for sure no, it stays in the body too long. I have been interested in equipoise and test. Is there any other good options for tendon and ligament fortification? Also how would I take these drugs and it what mg and how would I cycle them and then cycle off? If you could help me, that would be fantastic. I only have until December to be 100%

Thank you

Shoulders are a tricky thing. I have a labrum tear in my right, so I've been through a couple rounds of therapy, MRI, etc. and now know more than I care to about them. My problem also came from throwing a baseball, and was always infra-spinatus - on the back outside corner. The SLAP lesion you have is very typical of throwing damage.

Getting diagnosed with impingement is like being diagnosed for breathing air, it's like no shit Sherlock. Of course it's impingement, but what is causing it?

You mentioned a couple of times being on a throwing program. Are you doing the thrower's 10 exercises? If not start. Also if you go into rehab they will give you a series of elastic band exercises - internal & external rotation with your elbow down at your side, rotation forward with arm at 90 degrees pulling from behind, then swap and pull forward, and then the throwing motion with your hand going from your belt opposite side to raised overhead - both forward (throwing direction) and backward (braking direction). I'm a big fan of building up the muscles on the braking side of the motion - the stronger your braking action the faster your brain will let your arm throw the ball. And finally do skydiver and I, T, Y exercises with feet against a wall and hips down on an exercise ball. A baseball player should be able to do sets of 25 ea. with 5# dumbells in each hand. Anything you do with your shoulders low weight and very high reps is the way to go.

On the AAS side, test will help you heal faster and also strengthen faster. That would be the simplest approach to use test only, along with proper AI, HCG, and PCT. You can find exactly how in the stickies - basic cycle is 500 mg/wk for 12 weeks. I've also seen articles on tendon and cartilage growth where they say use up to 200 mg/wk test, but not more as going beyond that starts to work against connective tissue healing - and also recommend deca or boldenone with statistics showing boosting tendon and cartilage growth several hundred percent.

You mentioned no deca due to how long it stays in you, if testing is your concern you are right as it is detectable for a year or so. If testing isn't an issue you might want to think about it. You could run it for 12 weeks, then drop it and continue running your test out to 16 weeks, then PCT. That will give enough time to help clear it out and give you a successful PCT.

Boldenone might be your best bet, based on statistics for healing. If you went that route I'd think about 200 mg/wk test cyp and 600 mg/wk boldenone. That would be one hell of a healing and strengthening stack.

I don't think steroids are the answer for you. Your problem doesn't seem to be weak muscles or muscle recovery. You have tendon and ligament problems. Steroids don't strengthen your tendons and ligaments. In fact, the strengthening of the muscles that occur on steroids will likely put even more stress on your tendons and ligaments making the problem worse.

Here is my guess. You said you had surgery. I bet something in your mechanics changed that is putting stress on your shoulder. I would recommend reviewing your pitching mechanics to see if anything has changed from before the surgery.

Shoulders are a tricky thing. I have a labrum tear in my right, so I've been through a couple rounds of therapy, MRI, etc. and now know more than I care to about them. My problem also came from throwing a baseball, and was always infra-spinatus - on the back outside corner. The SLAP lesion you have is very typical of throwing damage.

Getting diagnosed with impingement is like being diagnosed for breathing air, it's like no shit Sherlock. Of course it's impingement, but what is causing it?

You mentioned a couple of times being on a throwing program. Are you doing the thrower's 10 exercises? If not start. Also if you go into rehab they will give you a series of elastic band exercises - internal & external rotation with your elbow down at your side, rotation forward with arm at 90 degrees pulling from behind, then swap and pull forward, and then the throwing motion with your hand going from your belt opposite side to raised overhead - both forward (throwing direction) and backward (braking direction). I'm a big fan of building up the muscles on the braking side of the motion - the stronger your braking action the faster your brain will let your arm throw the ball. And finally do skydiver and I, T, Y exercises with feet against a wall and hips down on an exercise ball. A baseball player should be able to do sets of 25 ea. with 5# dumbells in each hand. Anything you do with your shoulders low weight and very high reps is the way to go.

On the AAS side, test will help you heal faster and also strengthen faster. That would be the simplest approach to use test only, along with proper AI, HCG, and PCT. You can find exactly how in the stickies - basic cycle is 500 mg/wk for 12 weeks. I've also seen articles on tendon and cartilage growth where they say use up to 200 mg/wk test, but not more as going beyond that starts to work against connective tissue healing - and also recommend deca or boldenone with statistics showing boosting tendon and cartilage growth several hundred percent.

You mentioned no deca due to how long it stays in you, if testing is your concern you are right as it is detectable for a year or so. If testing isn't an issue you might want to think about it. You could run it for 12 weeks, then drop it and continue running your test out to 16 weeks, then PCT. That will give enough time to help clear it out and give you a successful PCT.

Boldenone might be your best bet, based on statistics for healing. If you went that route I'd think about 200 mg/wk test cyp and 600 mg/wk boldenone. That would be one hell of a healing and strengthening stack.

Sorry, forgot to mention I've been going to therapy for a couple of weeks now. Still hasn't helped. Also the bands and all pitcher specific exercises I do after throwing which is on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I'm starting to think I'm cursed. However, I think strengthening my tendons and ligaments using a steroid aid will be my best option. My pitching mechanics were questionable before my elbow surgury. But now I'm back with my pitching coach and my arm now looks clean and effortless.

I think that's the road I'll take, test and boldenone. I just want to be sure about the mg to take.

Thank you for the helpful information

I know this is a stupid comment/idea but have you done a sleep study? a buddy of mine had a bum shoulder and could not figure out why it always hurt and then he had a sleep study done and saw that he slept-ed on his side with his shoulder pinned to the bed for most of the night.
Now hes good to go and back to painless days. also try adding more omega fats into your diet. couple shots of extra virgin olive oil per day wont hurt either.

I have a partial tear in my right shoulder When I sleep on it it hurts the hell out of it.

Just wanted to verify this for you.

Good luck

I saw a product some time ago that is meant to prevent you from reinjuring your arm every time you sleep. From what I could gather it's some kind of cuff you put on that keeps your hand down around your waist, so you can't raise it up while sleeping.

I know I like to sleep with my arm up underneath the pillow, and sometimes I wake up and my shoulder hurts. It would be better for me to keep my arm down at night, so I've got to believe this kind of product has some merit.

Bluemarlin, a couple quick comments - first you said you have been doing rehab for a few weeks and hasn't seemed to help. I went through two three month rehabs on my shoulder, and what eventually fixed it was a couple years in the gym. Took a long time.

And second because of your age make sure you know how to run your cycle. Include HCG from day one at at least 500 IU per week, use AI from day 1 - though with 200 test and 600 boldenone you won't need that much so be careful with dose, and finally learn how to do a proper PCT. Don't cycle until you fully understand the HCG, AI, and PCT aspects.

my uncle who lives in Dominican Republic always had problems with his shoulder from his younger days when he pitched baseball and had a tear that caused him to stop playing ball. But he always ate soups with chicken feet and cow tendons and he swore it always made him feel better.

my uncle who lives in Dominican Republic always had problems with his shoulder from his younger days when he pitched baseball and had a tear that caused him to stop playing ball. But he always ate soups with chicken feet and cow tendons and he swore it always made him feel better.

I believe it. I take chondroitin, along with glucosamine, MSM, and cissus) for joint support. I think the chondroitin is basically made of animal tendon type stuff - along with lips & assholes.

Back