Be completely blunt and honest no broscience no bs.. question on diet

goingtowin

Okay I need to know the honest truth with no bs.... only facts.

If I have a diet of mostly shakes (blended oats veggies and protein sources) will it really affect me negatively? I posted this on a different forum and got a bunch of crap about how I wouldn't be able to build muscle this way.

So for breakfast i'm going to blend some cereal with a bunch of milk and a banana for example... would this really be any different than just eating the cereal and banana? I understand our saliva aids in digestion but to what degree?

I'm asking this because because of my new job I don't have time to sit and eat meals all day. I am forced to drink shakes. I know it sounds gross but I don't mind it at all. Most of my shakes are blended oats or breakfast cereals mixed with veggies and either protein powder or some kind of dairy protein/eggs like Greek yogurt or cottage cheese.

REALISTICALLY am I going to see a difference in gaining muscle mass? I can't see why I would but a lot of people do claim it would make a difference. Anyone care to answer?

Eat a sandwich nobody is too busy to eat and its against the law to not get a lunch break your welcome problem solved this info came straight from years of research and doctor journals

None of this has anything to do with rich Piana lol I don't even use weight gainers. it's a convenience thing for me.

Regardless if you agree with it or not would it make any difference. I am VERY active and i'm figurting out I have to eat 5k plus calories every day. I CAN NOT do that eating clean whole meals.

I dont know to be honest i dont think anyone knows but of course eating is better like you mentioned aboit the saliva pretty sure thats the natural way of getting the nutrients. I know you can survive and its better than no food i mean i drink cartons of eggwhites as a shake but all meals just seems drastic. Only way to find out is trying it i guess

This doesn't sound like a good idea at all. There's no short cuts bud. Sounds like your going to be pissing the cals away. I wouldn't waste my time with this. I too drink egg whites with chocolate milk but maybe twice a day. Try cutting up your meat into bite size proportions and snack on them. You can do the same with veggies and everything else. I eat out of a lunchbox all day with no issues. I never get a desiganted lunch. Eat when you can. Don't be a skirt. Not going to win anything with just shakes all day. The time you spend drinking all them shakes and pissing 3-5 times per hr, you could get some food down. Eat like a man not a lil anorexic model..

I drink 1 -2 shakes a day and add mct oil to one of them, but this is only because i am busy as fuck. Buy a bunch of beef jerky and protein bars at least but really try to get in the most cals from solid food packed with protein and carbs. Listen to me giving advice on diets when mine is shit lol

U do what u can with what you got mate. Work is more important than gaining weight; that being said you may have to meal prep and pack Tupperware as I personally see shakes as a dietary supplement not meal replacement unless it s for 1 may 2 meal s.
In my opinion only fod and weights and rest ( gear fall s under rest in my book ) build mass. I personally have not supplemented w shake s in a decade. I m also of the opinion like vitamins the bio availability of shakes protein is sub standard to food.
I m aninsomniac solvent retiree so I cook 9 out of 10 meal s and until off probation only lift lift eat eat food prep food prep more and sleep when I can.

Ur young son. Don t sweat this hobby as anything but Num 2 in your life. Live your life as best you can and if supplement s are all you can ingest, then by gosh ingest them !
To gain size look to wear you can to pick up weight like reduce volume and maybe powerlift ?

In short to answer your q-NO.

3 solids meal + 3 shakes a day could be an option - 700 cal per meal and per shake and you got 4200 cals in. easy

5k was a stretch OPIE. I d literally be eating on the shitter but ur intent was heart felt and duely considered when writing my response. Know there s no sub 4 food
vitamin s gear liguid whey whtever---I do not think the bio availability is there but it s just my opinion Sir. U gotta eat and chew..u do know saliva is step 1 in the digestive process eh ?

Good way to get small food stain s out of delicate s is spit..or have ur chick lick it if it s
stretched over the toola
Make sure she brushes b4 this move and of course after lol

Last edited:
U do what u can with what you got mate. Work is more important than gaining weight; that being said you may have to meal prep and pack Tupperware as I personally see shakes as a dietary supplement not meal replacement unless it s for 1 may 2 meal s.
In my opinion only fod and weights and rest ( gear fall s under rest in my book ) build mass. I personally have not supplemented w shake s in a decade. I m also of the opinion like vitamins the bio availability of shakes protein is sub standard to food.
I m aninsomniac solvent retiree so I cook 9 out of 10 meal s and until off probation only lift lift eat eat food prep food prep more and sleep when I can.

Ur young son. Don t sweat this hobby as anything but Num 2 in your life. Live your life as best you can and if supplement s are all you can ingest, then by gosh ingest them !
To gain size look to wear you can to pick up weight like reduce volume and maybe powerlift ?

In short to answer your q-NO.

This ^^^ I like and agree.

But let me tell you and I have posted this several times. When I traveled, on and off planes, driving long distanced and inspecting job sites I would bring a small cooler in my car. I had a smaller one to carry on. I was in and out of Motels and no time to dine and why? because I had to find gyms in each city, while keeping on the move. Time spent in a restaurant was wasted time for the most part so I brought the food with me and I ate SOMTHING every 2 to 2-1/2 hours

I couldn't bring a blender so I had a shaker thing and shook those raw eggs to death , lol :dance2:

I supplemented with three 6-800 calories shakes a day. Where there is a will there is a way and IMHOP shakes for the normal working man are a good way to get those needed calories.

Good luck

If you're using real food (chicken, oats, rice, avocado, cottage cheese, etc) and you're meeting your protein and calorie requirements to grow, then you'll be fine. If anything, you might be able to consume more calories easier than filling up your stomach with bulky food that needs more time to be eliminated (pooping). The blade of the blender is doing the job your teeth would be doing. Well, a better job. But as long as you're consuming real food in your shakes, then go for it. Think of it as a pureed food diet.

Back