Best Carrier Oil

Cottenseed vs Safflower

• Cottenseed Oil USP Grade

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Safflower Oil USP Grade

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
I'm going to keep bumping this shit to the top until we get an answer because I'd like to know this as well! There has to be someone who has a buddy that works in a pharmacy or something!

Id say grape seed, sesame, and cotton seed. I dont think theres a BEST carrier. They all have different properties ie thickness, shell life, innate vitamins, anti-oxydants ..color... As for the price, some companies sell USP grade, filtered or unfiltered. The filtered USP grades are the most expensive.
A lot of ppl speak highly of GSO.

Last edited:
I'm going to keep bumping this shit to the top until we get an answer because I'd like to know this as well! There has to be someone who has a buddy that works in a pharmacy or something!

I think it may be cottonseed oil I had another question in a thread and 3 people said cottonseed along with DocJ, he looks like he knows his shit.

And there was this post
Castor 297.0 - Thickest
Crambe 53.6
High-Oleic Safflower 41.2
Peanut 39.6
Sunflower 37.1
Grapeseed 37.0
Sesame 35.3
Corn 34.9
Cottonseed 33.5
Soybean 32.6
Safflower 31.3 - Thinnest

If buying safflower make SURE it not the high oleic. Safflower will also last longer than grapeseed before going rancid.

Now I wonder if Cottonseed oil is better than Safflower oil, any negatives or benefits of each. Also clarity is important to me the clearer the better, so if both Cotton and Safflower were both USP grade which one would have a more noticeable hue to it.

Last edited:
I think safflower has lower saturated fats than most of those others in that list. But I also heard it is almost too thin meaning the chance of it oozing out of your injection spot is greater. From my experience cottonseed is more widely used commercially and grapeseed is used more in homebrewing. It appears that filtered USP grapeseed is only slightly more expensive than the cottonseed version. As far as color I cant tell you much without a side-by-side of different oils from different manufacturers.

My vote is for cottonseed as the best based on price and widespread commercial usage.

Happy pinning!

I think safflower has lower saturated fats than most of those others in that list. But I also heard it is almost too thin meaning the chance of it oozing out of your injection spot is greater. From my experience cottonseed is more widely used commercially and grapeseed is used more in homebrewing. It appears that filtered USP grapeseed is only slightly more expensive than the cottonseed version. As far as color I cant tell you much without a side-by-side of different oils from different manufacturers.

My vote is for cottonseed as the best based on price and widespread commercial usage.

Happy pinning!
Going to make a small order of both and see the difference.

I've been using gso forever but will most likely switch to cso as well. I don't care for the color of gso and cso won't be as colorful. Thanks guys!

I was looking for some good places to buy the stuff and came across this 5 gallons USP Grade!!! $100.00 for Safflower and $90.00 for Cottonseed.

When getting something like this how long would it be good for and is there a way to preserve it at room temperature for more than half a year.

Last edited:
Back