Best middle of the night protein snacks?

dan140

Since I have been reading quite a bit about the benefits of getting a bit of slow digesting protein in the middle of the night and I get up to take a piss anyway...I figured I might as well get the most out of my cycle by doing so. Are there any natural foods or drinks that you guys can recommend for that purpose?-I don't feel like buying an OTHER type of protein...

Thanks

first, dont wake up on purpose to eat. a full night of uninterupted sleep will do more for you than extra protein. Just eat 2g per pound during the day and youll be fine.

if you do happen to be up anyway, it really doesnt matter as long as its lower in carbs. whey shake, some cottage cheese, few pieces of cold steak outta the fridge, casien shake...doenst matter. Hell, if youre on cycle carbs probably wouldnt hurt you anyway. I know when i carbload i always sleep way easier than when im goin low carb style.

Last edited:
www.obertofactorystore.com go to factory ends and pieces or closeouts and get some jerky...preferably the non sticks cuz they have lots of fat in them, but the other dried out ones don't. i bought 5 lbs of turkey jerky for 20 bucks shipped to my door. thats 4 bucks per pound. The bag is huge and will take me many months to finish. The cheapest you will find jerky is 10 bucks per pound and that is very rarely. Most store sell 4 ounces for like 3-4 bucks. 16 ounces=1lb

I second the jerky idea if you want to eat something. Just make sure it is quality stuff. If you want something quick, a no-carb protein powder is your best bet.

make some protein pudding.

8 serv choc whey, .75 gelatin packet, couple packets of sweetener and youre good. maybe even a little milk if you want it real good.

sardines. low calories and in sat. fat, zero carbs, good protein content. usually have them for evening snack, not wake up in the middle of the night snack.

Back