Best training split for first cycle? etc

n0limits

Hey guys... This is my first post!

So a little background... I've been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for 2.5 yrs. I have been taking 100mg/week of Test E. Seen great gains. I want to do my first blast and cruise. I'm thinking of taking 300-500mg/week of Test E for 12 weeks, and then I will cruise on my prescribed dose for at least 6 months before (and if) I blast again. Ii consider myself a little dude, both in height and in structure, so putting on 10-15 lbs of lean mass onto my frame would probably help the aesthetics a lot.

My current stats: 5'7", 163 lbs, 16% bf.
Goal before starting blast: 155 lbs, 10ish% bf (or as lean as possible)
Goal after blast: 175 lbs, 16% bf.
Eventual goal: 180 lbs, 10% bf.

Diet, training, and rest will all be in check. I'll be eating 250-500 calories over maintenance, and plan to work-out 6 days per week.
With that being said, according to popular opinion... what is the best split for a first cycle. I was thinking of doing a standard push/pull/legs/rest/repeat. Suggestions?

Also, I personally don't plan on competing. This is more of a personal goal It would be ideal to put on 15 lbs of muscle over a period of 6 months-1 year. Would you suggest that I lower my first blast cycle to 300-400 mg/week (to start) keeping this in mind, or is 500mg/week good for what I am wanting to achieve?

So, 500 mg/week test E... proper training, lean bulk, and occasional HIIT... what is the realistic end point for most guys in 12 weeks? 10-20 lbs? Are gains very apparent?

Thanks A LOT.

Last edited:
theres no best routine, steroids don't change anything you do inside or outside of the gym... you eat big, train hard, and sleep good .. repeat....

there's no reason to complicate things..

First cycle at 500mg per week , you looking at about 10lb to maybe 20lb depending on certain factors . You don't have to change the way you train if that's what has been working for you . Keep it the same and u will know when to adjust your actual weights you are lifting as your strength boosts . Eat well , very high protein , train hard and u can accomplish it . Make sure to pct properly if u want to keep it . But yeah , just keep doing what u know works for you and when the time comes u have more strength go for it .

theres no best routine, steroids don't change anything you do inside or outside of the gym... you eat big, train hard, and sleep good .. repeat....

there's no reason to complicate things..

That's not entirely true.

Natural lifters can have more progress with full body splits with a large emphasis on compound movements, and enhanced lifters implemented body section splits years ago to increase muscle development in particular areas for shows.

You shouldn't train like a natural when enhanced, and vice versa can get you in the hospital.

Natural lifters can have more progress with full body splits with a large emphasis on compound movements, and enhanced lifters implemented body section splits years ago to increase muscle development in particular areas for shows.

You shouldn't train like a natural when enhanced, and vice versa can get you in the hospital.

Oh shot Enzo I've been seeing you post and was like damn this guy knows what he's talking about who is he haha switch that picture up on me man

Oh shot Enzo I've been seeing you post and was like damn this guy knows what he's talking about who is he haha switch that picture up on me man

My little pony friendship is magic is the shit bro - it's that next level shit.

*it's not. I just can't believe there are grown men who find such a show entertaining.

Last edited:
This is a variation of Dorian Yates routine. Its my personal favorite.

Split Workout

Day one: Delts, triceps, abs
Day two: Back, traps, rear delts
Day three: REST
Day four: Chest, biceps, abs
Day five: Quads, hams, calves
Day six: REST

All movements are performed with PERFECT FORM (this is a must IMO)

All rest periods are short (60-90 seconds, 90 seconds being only for the BIG LIFTS - Deadlifts, Leg Press etc...)

All movements are performed as follows with a few obvious exceptions where it is not safe/ possible to do easily;

Set 1 - Warm up/ Feel Set
Set 2 - Feel Set / Close to failure
Set 3 - Working set
(To failure and beyond, including forced reps, negatives, force negatives, static pauses)

*One thing to note is that you CANNOT REST DURING YOUR WORKING SET! You go to failure and then you carry on with the help of a spotter (still you must keep tight form as your spotter does the cheating for you), you do not stop and allow the muscle to rest and recover. Your tempo needs to remain there all the way to the death, DO NOT PAUSE AND ALLOW RECOVERY

Progressive Tension Overload

Progressive - Adding weight/ reps/ extra stimulus
Tension - Where that weight is going - on the muscle as tension.
Overload - Taking a muscle to failure - overloading the muscle with something it has not before experienced.

Progressive Tension Overload creates adaptation.

Last edited:
I have always seen good results with arms and chest, then legs, the shoulders and back rest repeat.

here is a sample of what I do, I mix it up sometimes adding in different exercises
Chest/Arms
Bench - 3x5
Incline DB - 3x8-10
barbell curls superset close grip bb curls 3x8-10 each
Skullcrushers to forehead superset skullcrushers to chin superset cgbp 3x6-8 for all
Cross body curls 2 sets to failure
Dips superset pushups 2 sets to failure

Legs
Squats 3x5
Straight leg deadlift 3x8-10
Hack squats or leg press 3x10-12
Calf work

Back/delts
Pullups 4x8-10
DB press 3x8-10
Cable rows 4x8-10
Lateral raises 3x10-12
Pulldown machine 3x12-15
Face pulls 3x20

Off

you mean enhanced BBers, there are plenty of enhanced PL or weight lifters who 90% of the time work on compounds and some accessory lifts...

the only difference i would see is quickness of the progressive overload compared to natty...

.... maybe i'm misinterpreted what you wrote or vice versa but I dont see how if said individual has been training for an extended period of time natural.. he should still be training with very high intensity.. and i don't mean low rep ranged.. i mean pushing yourself past the point of failure...

soo by introducing AAS I don't see what kind of difference they would make besides being able to progress faster in whatever variable of the equation (rest time, reps, tempo, weight), being able to recover quicker, and being able to utilize nutrients more sufficiently.. etc?

it seems like asking for a routine to use while on vs. natty is such a miniscule portion of the bigger picture.. if your at the point where your ready to use AAS... everything should already be in order whether it be training, diet, supplements, and sleep...

you can train like Dorian and have very low volume very high intensity ( but very few people are able to push themselves to that intensity). or the other end of the spectrum, very high volume lower intensity... both will yield results, however it really is just up to the individual to be dialed into THEIR training and know what works for them best...

I'm 22. But as I mentioned, I'm already on TRT... So, my hormone levels, as they were, are complete shit without Test implemented. Aside from my personal goals, that's the only reason I'm choosing to do a cycle so early on.

Thanks for answering my question. Now, Assuming diet, training and rest is all on point you are saying 20 lbs in one 12 week cycle of Test is possible, or within 6 months-1 year? What if I decided on test at a lower dosage (my prescribed dose, so 100mg/per week) and higher dosage EQ (500 mg/per week). Would results be the same to just straight Test?

As I mentioned, in all technicality, I am not natty. I am on TRT. Of course I am sitting within a normal test range at this point, but I have some experience with test through this. I experimented with 250 mg/week for a 10 week period, because I had an extra vial, and the gains I had with just +150mg were insane. The only problem is, I tend to break out. Other than that, at that dosage, I had no sides.

I wanted to know if there were tried and true training routines that are good while blasting, or on a cycle, because I want the most out of this cycle. I know what has been working for me so far. I just wanted some other thoughts about it. I like to mix things up. :)

Last edited:
As I mentioned, in all technicality, I am not natty. I am on TRT. Of course I am sitting within a normal test range at this point, but I have some experience with test through this. I experimented with 250 mg/week for a 10 week period, because I had an extra vial, and the gains I had with just +150mg were insane. The only problem is, I tend to break out. Other than that, at that dosage, I had no sides.

I wanted to know if there were tried and true training routines that are good while blasting, or on a cycle, because I want the most out of this cycle. I know what has been working for me so far. I just wanted some other thoughts about it. I like to mix things up. :)

and technically you aren't natty.. and let me explain. with exogenous test your levels don't change due to outside factors.. being natty your test levels will fluctuate throughout the day depending on different factors such as release of cortisol into the body (stress)

honestly training routine doesn't matter so much .. if something has been working for you on the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dosage, itll work for you on a blast.. its more of a mental thing.. if you're able to train at high mental intensity and just fucking kill it in the gym everyday regardless if your doing 1rm, triples, or 15 reps your going to see results if your feeding your body the right amount of nutrients to grow...

you see some pros like dorian doing barely any working sets and putting 200% into those few working sets and stimulating tons of growth.. .then you see guys like kai who do more isolation and higher volume workouts.. with tons of muscle growth...

it's truly up to you and how you train.. one person will tell you one thing, another will tell you the opposite its really up to YOU

I know. Read my post over. I said technically I'm NOT natty. Just sitting at a dose that is pretty minimal, and so my gains haven't been anywhere outside of what a natural could do.

Thanks for the advice. I will probably stick to push/pull/legs/repeat then. I've done it for so long, and it seems to work for me. I've noticed A LOT of pros do splits like: chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders/traps, legs, etc... The staple routine. I was wondering if there was any merit to that, or if that's purely their favorite way to train. I have obviously tried it before, and liked it, but I found I couldn't hit everything twice a week. Which is something I would be even more keen on doing with the extra test.

I know. Read my post over. I said technically I'm NOT natty. Just sitting at a dose that is pretty minimal, and so my gains haven't been anywhere outside of what a natural could do.

Thanks for the advice. I will probably stick to push/pull/legs/repeat then. I've done it for so long, and it seems to work for me. I've noticed A LOT of pros do splits like: chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders/traps, legs, etc... The staple routine. I was wondering if there was any merit to that, or if that's purely their favorite way to train. I have obviously tried it before, and liked it, but I found I couldn't hit everything twice a week. Which is something I would be even more keen on doing with the extra test.

ya, but like i stated the difference between testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and natty is your levels won't fluctuate by exterior factors...

and ya stick to what works best for you and how you like to train.. it'll be a lot easier to stick to if you enjoy it..

Back