boss wants employees to drop a dime

organdoner

i was asked to come to human resources. the director, manager and a non trusted HR rep sat in a conference room with me. i was asked who was selling coke, weed pills etc. it is open season for whatever you want on my job by the way. my reply was they should ask their supervisors/security personel. it's funny the approach they are using to get this information. i kindly let them know YOU THREE ARE AWARE WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE and shouldn't try to force employees to tell whtat you already know. is this legal ?

I'd be curious why they think YOU would know this information. Unless you're a very popular guy that everyone knows, sounds like they're fishing and likely suspect certain individuals are taking rec drugs. Illegal? No. Improper? Yup.

This is what random drug tests are for, I'd personally be insulted, and let them know as such. ;)

Unless you are taking rec drugs and don't want to get popped. In that case, I'd lay low LOL.

others have been brought in and questioned. it is managements way of cleaning up their own mess. buying and selling of prescription/recreational items and someone who od'd in their home. they know who the culprits are but are trying to force workers to cover for them since they failed to address it. since i cycle i have nothing against what anyone does and i stay covered up and discrete but this is a rediclious way of doing things.

Did they speak to anyone else? Its amazing how many companies have an HR dept yet still act outside the bounds of what would be acceptable within the realm of business ethics. Then again quite often you have people in management that have no right being in management, no management training, no clue how to even deal with people on a basic level, and the way THEY act is beyond reprehensible The stories I could tell about "bosses" I have had....

Sounds like your working in a restaurant, bar or nightclub. Back in the days, I used to get my stuff from my managers and do it with them too lol

Inform them that you are not a detective and they should sort ot out themselves not your problem what anybody else is doing in the workplace

Back