bulking question

Hogs106

Starting my first bulking diet. I know I must eat more Calories then my body uses to gain. Should I focus on just the number of Calories or should i have a set amount of each fats, protein, carbs.etc i intake? I know I haven't been gaining because i dont eat enough, but I have only been counting calories and eating whatever I want from mcdonals to candy and counting calories for everything. That DIDN'T work.

Don't eat crap, eat real food not processed fast food crap. You need plenty of green vegetables, lean meats, etc. Learn how to cook and you may just learn how to eat in the process.

how much do u weigh? u need a certain amount of protein if ur a certain weight

for example say ur 180 lbs, u need 1lb of pretein for every lb of body weight, so ud need atleast 180 grams of protein per day.... make sure u get ur EFA's too, fish oils stuff like that...

dont eat crap, eat healthy and eat alot

A guy weighing 150 lb needs a minimum of 150g of Protein / day and all the way up to 225g. If the right amounts of carbs and fats are eaten no more then this is necessary.

^ according to the FDA maybe... people who want to gain weight should at least get 1.5-2 g protein per lb imo

skarhead1 said:
^ according to the FDA maybe... people who want to gain weight should at least get 1.5-2 g protein per lb imo

The FDA is far less then 1 - 1.25g / lb

Scientific studies along with real life results show that an individual will stay in a positive nitrogen state with 1g

Your not eating enough carbs and fat if your not gaining size.

well u have to eat GOOD CARBS not BAD CARBS....

here are two kinds of carbohydrates: complex and simple. Complex carbohydrates -- sometimes called "good carbs" -- tend to contain plenty of fiber, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. Often, complex carbohydrates are very dense. So, foods with this kind of carbohydrate can make you feel fuller with fewer calories.

Examples include:

* brown rice
* barley
* buckwheat
* beans
* whole-grain pasta
* leafy green vegetables

Simple carbohydrates are sometimes called "bad carbs." However, Metos says simple carbohydrates aren't really bad. They simply lack nutrients.

Many simple carbohydrates have been highly processed and refined, which leaves them with fewer nutrients than whole grains. Refined grains also lack the fiber of whole grains, so they're not likely to fill you up quickly. As a result, it can be easier to overeat.

Examples of simple carbohydrates include:

* white rice
* white bread
* white flour
* many types of candy
* soft drinks

Thanks for the information. How many grams of carbs and fats do you suggest if i'm taking in 150-225 grams of protein?

Anyone know what the best kind of weight gain powder is out there? Trying to find the most calories. I had the gnc weight gainer and it was 2200 calories. Is there anything better.

Hogs106 said:
Anyone know what the best kind of weight gain powder is out there? Trying to find the most calories. I had the gnc weight gainer and it was 2200 calories. Is there anything better.

Eat FOOD!

gnc weight gainer ....and cell tech---my stomach hurts thinking about it.

I remeber back in HS poeple used to sell that stuff in the hallways...black market lolol..those guys must have thought they were hardcore ..lol

Hogs best of luck w\your eating.

Thanks mister69. Its hard but I know it will be worth in it the end. Dirkmoneyshot I am eating tons of food but I add some shakes to get even more calories and protein.

no stay away from cell tech bro that shit is useless i did my own reaserch on it..15 of my buddies bought it 3 liked it .the rest well no need to explain right..use gold standard whey..

Ive gained 10 pounds since starting. I am getting sick of all food though. I'm stuggling to keep eating anything because my body isn't hungry. Any pointers? Ive been eating eggs,chicken,turkey,gnc weight gainer 2200 gold, bananas, peanut butter, oatmeal, green vegs, whole milk.

If your body is not hungry you are not working out hard enough, or your diet is hopelessly boring making it difficult to eat.
Good food, should make you want to eat, it is not about force feeding but about eating good healthy food and enough of it to produce growth without getting fat.

Thanks for the comment huskyguy. I will try working harder in the gym. Ive had a rough time gaining so i didnt wanna overtrain and lose a bunch of calories that I'm having a hard enough time putting on.

Back