Can anyone help a girl out?

sadgirl22

I am new to this board, and want to start by saying hello! I have seen some of the pictures of the female members, and I am totally impressed!!! I am hoping some of you can help me out here, I am desperate for some diet advice!!! Here's a little bit about myself:

I started training seriously about 1 1/2 years ago. Since then, I have lost 20 lbs and 15.5 inches. I am now 5'5" and 140 lbs. My measurements are as follows:

Waist: 27"
Arms: 12"
Hips: 36"
Thighs: 36"
Upper Chest: 32"
Calves: 14.5"

I workout 5 days a week: Resistance training all 5 days and cardio 4 days.

My current diet looks like this (example):

Meal #1: Oatmeal or Cocoa Wheats
Meal #2: Protein Shake (2 scoops optimum 100% whey)
Meal #3: 4 oz. Carrot & Celery Sticks w/ Lite Ranch
1/2 C. Lowfat Cottage Cheese
8 oz. Turkey Breast
1/2 can of Green Beans
Meal #4: Detour Bar (or other protein bar)
Meal #5: 2 Tilapia Fish Fillets
Mixed Steamed Vegetables
Keto Spaghetti (low carb/ high protein)
Meal #6: Protein Shake (2 scoops optimum 100% whey)

The totals for all six meals is:
Calories: 1,760
Protein: 250 g
Fat: 33 g
Carbs: 118 g
I try to set my ratios at 50P/20F/30C.

My upper body is shaping up nicely, but I am pretty unhappy with my lower body. My goal right now is to lose the extra fat I have hanging around on the back of my legs, hips, thighs, and love handles. I want to get down to aboout 130 lbs. and about 15% BF. I don't know what my BF% is now, according to my Accu-Measure calipers, I am at 22%. That doesn't seem right. Does anyone konw if these are accurate? I have stayed at 140 for quite some time now, although my strength has increased and measurements have decreased (so I know I am gaining muscle).

I supplement my diet with glutamine, glucosamine/chondroitin, CLA, a Multi-Vitamin, and am I going to be starting on a NYC and Yohimburn.

Well, that's the deal. Any help or constructive criticism would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thank you!
:help:

HI!

Welcome la sad girl!!

I would first change the two scoops to one. That is alot of protein powder.

What does your workout look like?? Your diet is wonderful. If you want to lose excess pounds.. lower your carb intake a lil.. For instance.. cut the spagetti and add salad? Maybe have wheat toast in the morning?

Is your diet always like this? Do you have cheat days?

Please post your worout sch.

Thanks Frisco

Hi Friscochick!

Yes, my diet is pretty much always like this. I will sometime cheat with one meal on the weekend. My workout is:

Tuesday: Chest and Cardio
Wednesday: Back and Abs
Thursday: Shoulders and Cardio
Friday: Biceps, Triceps & Cardio
Saturday: Legs And Abs

Thanks!

sadgirl22 said:
Hi Friscochick!

Yes, my diet is pretty much always like this. I will sometime cheat with one meal on the weekend. My workout is:

Tuesday: Chest and Cardio
Wednesday: Back and Abs
Thursday: Shoulders and Cardio
Friday: Biceps, Triceps & Cardio
Saturday: Legs And Abs

Thanks!

Why abs only two days a week? How many excercises per Body Part?
Cardio? What excercies? Have you changed your workout up? If so, how long ago?

You may need to switch things up if your not seeing any improvement hun.

Your diet is great, except for too much protein in one sitting IMO.

Tell me a lil more in detail about the excercies you do and the cardio you are doing now.

Sorry so many questions.. I just want to be able to help as much as possible.

=) PS: The NYC should help .. are you using any thermo right now?

Friscochick:

I usually do 3-4 exercises per body part, alternating exercises from the list below every few weeks. Actually I do abs 3 times a week, which I forgot to put in there (I just switched my schedule).

Chest: Flat Dumbell presses
Incline presses
Flyes
Wide Chest
Decline presses

Back: Wide-grip pull-downs
Close-grip pull-downs
T-Bar rows
Dumbell rows
Machine assisted chin-ups

Shoulders & Traps: Front raises
Lateral raises
Dumbell presses
Reverse flyes
Upright rows
Shrugs

Biceps & Triceps: Hammer curls
Preacher curls
Cable curls
Barbell curls
Incline dumbell curls
Skull crushers
Cable pull-downs
Close grip presses

Legs: Deadlifts
Hamstring curls
Squats
Leg extensions
Leg presses
Seated calf raises
Standing calf raises

As for cardio, 25 minutes three times a week. Usually running or walking at 5.0 or 6.0 incline on the treadmill.

Not using any thermo right now....have used Ergolean in the beginning of my training. Also tried Thermolean and Clenbutrx. Been off for about 3 weeks now.

I think you are right about the protein, I didn't realize until today (when I was figuring it out) that I was eating that much! I am going to take your advice about cutting down to one scoop of protein for sure. I appreciate your help!!!

Your welcome.. add 5-10 minutes to your cardio for awhile.

Your workout looks great too.. I have one thing to take out.

On leg day, if your doing Squats, there is no need for the leg presses. You can alternate one week on and off if you want to do that. Instead add lunges in place of your presses.

IMO SQUATS/LUNGES should be the primary excercies in leg day!

Maybe try compound sets, and speed your workout up a lil (smal rest intervals) This will burn more fat. You just need lil fixes and you are doing excellent!:)

Good advice Frisco. I'd like to see some protein with that first breakfast meal. Maybe a scoop of protein added. With your two protein shakes that you are taking, add one tablespoon of flax oil or better yet, udo's oil to it. You're fat intake is really low in the rest of your meals. You need the good fat in order to fight the bad fat! Flax oil is a great source of Omega 3.
I would also suggest taking in one scoop as opposed to two scoops of whey at a time. Especially if you are mixing it with milk, that's a lot of protein. A basic rule of thumb is to take in one gram per bodypound of protein and divide it amongst your six meals. You should be having protein at each of your six meals. What time are you training at? Is it in the evening? I too would get rid of the spaghetti or you can move it to your lunch meal instead. Our bodies slow down in the evening making it difficult to break down those starchy carbs.
Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water a day as well.
Hope that helps.;)

Get some Smith Machine or walking lunges in there on your leg day. They'll help tighten up the lower body.
Don't worry so much about your weight not moving sweetie. As long as you are tightening up, that's what's important. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat. As for the calipers, they can be quite off. Also, make sure you have someone experienced doing your skinfold test as well. It's very easy not to measure accurately.
Anything else we can do to help? Please let us know and good luck with your fitness goals.;)

Nothing scientific here, but a note on diet. I cut down on my carbs and upped my fat a little about a month ago and I'm seeing some good results. Haven't been workin out due to surgery for the past 2 weeks, but I'm holding my own here and have actually lost a pound or two from a month ago. Sometimes we think fat is evil when indeed it is not...at least not when it's the good stuff. :)

sadgirl22 said:
I am new to this board, and want to start by saying hello! I have seen some of the pictures of the female members, and I am totally impressed!!! I am hoping some of you can help me out here, I am desperate for some diet advice!!! Here's a little bit about myself:

I started training seriously about 1 1/2 years ago. Since then, I have lost 20 lbs and 15.5 inches. I am now 5'5" and 140 lbs. My measurements are as follows:

Waist: 27"
Arms: 12"
Hips: 36"
Thighs: 36"
Upper Chest: 32"
Calves: 14.5"

I workout 5 days a week: Resistance training all 5 days and cardio 4 days.

My current diet looks like this (example):

Meal #1: Oatmeal or Cocoa Wheats
Meal #2: Protein Shake (2 scoops optimum 100% whey)
Meal #3: 4 oz. Carrot & Celery Sticks w/ Lite Ranch
1/2 C. Lowfat Cottage Cheese
8 oz. Turkey Breast
1/2 can of Green Beans
Meal #4: Detour Bar (or other protein bar)
Meal #5: 2 Tilapia Fish Fillets
Mixed Steamed Vegetables
Keto Spaghetti (low carb/ high protein)
Meal #6: Protein Shake (2 scoops optimum 100% whey)

The totals for all six meals is:
Calories: 1,760
Protein: 250 g
Fat: 33 g
Carbs: 118 g
I try to set my ratios at 50P/20F/30C.

My upper body is shaping up nicely, but I am pretty unhappy with my lower body. My goal right now is to lose the extra fat I have hanging around on the back of my legs, hips, thighs, and love handles. I want to get down to aboout 130 lbs. and about 15% BF. I don't know what my BF% is now, according to my Accu-Measure calipers, I am at 22%. That doesn't seem right. Does anyone konw if these are accurate? I have stayed at 140 for quite some time now, although my strength has increased and measurements have decreased (so I know I am gaining muscle).

I supplement my diet with glutamine, glucosamine/chondroitin, CLA, a Multi-Vitamin, and am I going to be starting on a NYC and Yohimburn.

Well, that's the deal. Any help or constructive criticism would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thank you!
:help:

Okay here's what I suggest:
Meal 1-
Add 3 egg whites and 1 whole to meal 1
w/ 3oz chicken or tuna
1/2 grapefruit
Meal 2-
2 scoops protein,1/2 tsp Flax
Meal3-
6oz. chciken turkey or fish, 4oz sweet potato or 1/2c. brown rice
Meal4-
same as meal2
Meal 5-
7oz chicken, turkey or fish
2c. green veggies
1.5 tsp flax

Ditch the dairy, no carb at last solid meal, and no bars. Detour bars actually have been found to have little protein and A TON of sugar.
As for calipers, unfortunately darlin, they don't lie. They measure skinfolds, and you just can't lie on those. But it is imperative you have the smae person check your BF each time. Otherwise you will come up with different #'s because everyone doens't pinch in the exact same spot.

Do not worry about what the scale says. It can be you worst enemy. Go by what you look like in themirror and how your clothes fit.

Back