Can anyone shed some light on leptin?

stepweed

Im wanting to buy some synthetic leptin, but im not even sure this is possible. Can i get a lab to make it for me if i give them the compound structure?? there are a couple of peptide sites online but not sure if they would be legit

Not sure if it's available to buy. Do you hope to loose weight this way?

Yes, well as a form of weight maintenance at least. If you look at the below articles, they all say the same thing. I guess this isnt common knowledge so the public isnt demanding it.

• Mechanisms of Weight Regain following Weight Loss (4/16/2013)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pm...

• Leptin reverses declines in satiation in weight-reduced obese humans (1/11/2012)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pm...

• Long-term persistence of adaptive thermogenesis in subjects who have maintained a reduced body weight (7/6/2008)
ajcn.nutrition.org/cont...

• Low-dose leptin reverses skeletal muscle, autonomic, and neuroendocrine adaptations to maintenance of reduced weight. (12/1/2005)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pm...

• Leptin reverses weight loss–induced changes in regional neural activity responses to visual food stimuli (7/1/2008)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pm...

• Low dose leptin administration reverses effects of sustained weight-reduction on energy expenditure and circulating concentrations of thyroid hormones. (5/8/2002)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pu...

• Effects of reduced weight maintenance and leptin repletion on functional connectivity of the hypothalamus in obese humans. (3/21/2013)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pm...

• Revisiting leptin’s role in obesity and weight loss (7/1/2008)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pm...

I'm currently experimenting with Leptin so I'll shed some light on this...

- Its VERY expensive.

Real leptin from a legitimate supplier will cost you the equivalent of $200-300 for a 200mcg vial.
Now consider the fact that the studies dosed leptin at 10-30mcg/kg and you will see just how expensive this is going to be.
For example, at the moment if I was to use leptin daily it would end up costing me $600 PER DAY.

- There is NO set dosing protocol.

Although the 10-30mcg/kg dosing is what has been used in general, these studies included obese individuals - so your going to have to do a lot of experimenting with the dose.
Your also going to have to spend a lot of money on bloodwork to see where your leptin levels are (since they need to be above a specific point to reap the benefits) and make dosing adjustments accordingly.

- Its only useful for already dieted down individuals.

If your simply looking for another compound to help lose weight, then your wasting a lot of money if Leptin is the route you opt to go for.

Considering all of this, for most people Leptin simply isn't a viable option :)

Last edited:
Jesus, and I thought HGH prices were ridiculous! Ahhhhhhh, the joys of being wealthy must be limitless... :p

Back