Can I burn fat and gain muscle at the same time?

I agree with Teutonic. Just eat less and make more work-out then you can definitely reach your goals. Don't give up! I think it's really doable! I think it's also important to find the right diet for you. Often it depends on the food you eat if you'll have success or not!

I have never really managed the "cutting while gaining muscle" feat. It is very difficult to have the caloric surplus and macro-nutrient profile available for building muscle while creating the deficit required to eliminate fat.

The good news is that eliminating fat makes you look more muscular by default! Too many people start out "bulking" and never take the fat off.

In my opinion, the best routine is a 4 to 5 day split. Heavy weight training with 15 minutes of moderate cardio at the end for a cool down.

Diet wise, I dont eat too many carbs and NO SUGAR beginning 5 hours away from my bed time. Limit the total amount of sugar in your diet. Get plenty of protein. 3 meals per day plus a protein shake within an hour of weight training.

Good luck! Godspeed!

3 meals a day plus a protein shake and u wonder why you can't recomp?

Hey, dont knock 3 meals a day! It is simply an opinion. Life gets hectic for everyone. 3 meals a day plus a protein shake is pretty good considering most peoples lives.

The best advice anyone can ever give to change someone's life is to show them a manageable way to permanently change their life. When i was in college, 6 meals per day was the norm, but i knew that i couldnt do it forever. Now, i am running from the boardroom to the playroom spilling whey protein everywhere. It can be hard to breathe, much less eat.

That said, if this person wants to make the change, i want them to find all the success in the world. But if i overburden them with complexity, the change might not stick.

I like to keep it simple, breakfast at 8am, lunch at 12pm, protein shake after workout ~5pm, and dinner at 8pm. 3200kcals. Still hit my macro and caloric requirements. Still growing....except for my deadlift. It is stalled. 3 months...nothing.

you should be able to burn fat and gain some muscle. You wont see huge gains, maybe just strength gains, as there isnt enough fuel to build the mass.

exercisetrainingstore.com/trx-rip-trainer.html
trx rip trainer workouts

Sure, you can do it.

It is a real challenge to keep a diet that does both. It's a catch 22 where you will not see major weight loss, nor major muscle gains, but you will get a little of each....and I say "little".

And therein lies the challenge... it's mental, and emotional.

You're going to wonder what the point of staying on this program is when you don't see much result.

You're going to blame your body and be disappointed.

You have to forget the time-frames and commit to the idea that if you stick with it, that *someday* it will pay off and be completely worth it. Make that decision and never look back.

Change your diet and exercise because you feel joy in doing in, not because of changes in your appearance. Love the feeling of working out if it never did anything for your appearance. Run Forrest Run!

There are things that can help, but with or without them, nothing is going to work if you don't change your brain first. Accept the suffering...embrace it...use it.

Look in the mirror and decide, then stop looking and get to work if your decision is to never go back to that body.

It will happen when you least expect it.

Regards

Imo it really depends where you are. If your a beginner...sure. If your already fairly big, it wont be very noticeable and the bulking and cutting would be more beneficial than hoping for both to happen.
Your body realistically needs a surplus of nutrition and calories to grow and the opposite to shrink...

For building muscle u need a Caloric Surplus. For loosing fat u need a Caloric deficit..... Therefore its quite hard to do both at the same time (but not impossible).

Back