y4sm4ny

AGE 23
WEIGHT 178 pounds/70.45kg
HEIGHT 5feet 8 inches or 68 inches
BF 13%
GOALS: to have 8-10 BF at 190LBS.
BMR = 1882.14
TDEE = 3011.424

I wake up at 9:30am my first meal is at 10am when i get to work.
MACROS = protein/carbs/fat/calories
MEAL 1 (10am)
5 egg whites - 20/0/0/85
whey protein - 25/05/5/120
2 plain whole wheat breads- 8/24/2/138
TOTAL 53/29/7/343

MEAL 2 (12pm)
9oz lean ground turkey- 60/0/1/294
1/2cup brown rice- 10/70/1/63
TOTAL 70/70/1/634

MEAL 3 (2pm) same as meal 2
1/2 cup brown rice- 10/70/1/63
TOTAL 70/70/1/634

MEAL 4 (4pm)same as meal 2 and 3
1/2 cup brown rice- 10/70/1/63
TOTAL 70/70/1/634

MEAL 5 pre workout (6pm)
protein shake- 25/5/5/120
2oz almonds- 12/12/28/326
banana- 1/30/0/110
TOTAL 38/47/33/556

MEAL 6 post workout (9pm or 9-30pm)
6 egg whites- 24/0/0/102
2 plain wheat breads- 8/24/2/138
whey protein shake- 25/5/5/120
TOTAL 57/29/7/360

BEFORE BED TIME MEAL 7 (11 pm)
1 cup low fat cottage cheese 28/6/2/163

GRAND TOTAL OF 386 PROTEIN 321 CARBS 53 FAT 3324 CALORIES.
NOTE*** if i did anything wrong let me know. i drink about 1 gallon of water everyday.
this is what i been eating for the past 2 weeks let me know how it looks in your opninion.
im a very disciplined person when it comes to eating so if there is anything i have to take out/replace/ re arrange somewhere else let me know ill do it.

i workout monday-friday
monday- chest/tri- 20 min cardio
tuesday- legs
wednesday-back/bicep- 20 min cardio
thursday-shoulders/traps
friday-chest/tri/back/bi
only a few sets of each to get the pump

will this get me some lean mass on? or will all this diet do is make maintain my body weight.
im thinking of taking a cycle on this diet. any info will be highly appreciated. thank you

Going from 178 13%bf to 190 8% is a big . You are talking 20lbs of LBM, this is a drastic change.

You are defiantly going to have to up your cardio.

Diet looks good if anything I would add some chicken breasts and replace the turkey in one of those 3 repeats. I would also look to add some fish to your diet.

i have similiar stats 5'6 185 11% but i am a little older 26. i do a hour cardio a day broken into two session 30 in at am and 30 post workout.'

Good luck man! Hard work pays off! Wait a few years for the gear your natty levels are still great judging by your stats!

Hey thanks a lot for the reply bud. Yea I know it will take a long time and it's going to be tough but I'm up for the challenge. Anyway I was wondering if this diet was good to gain a few pounds of lean mass. I do replace the turkey sometimes with chicken breast as well but usually I have my wife cook a big amount of food to take to work because I don't really want to give her trouble in cooking 3 different meals for my job. It makes her life easier lol. I'm just looking to gain some quality muscle now. And thanks for the reply again man I appreciate it.

Post your diet in 3J's diet forum. If you want EXCELLENT advice. I could tell you several things about your diet but it doesn't mean you will follow it, at least what 3J will tell you, will be true and 100% helpful

Cheers.

already did :) but hes a busy guy and didnt want to overflow him with more help requests lol i looked through his posts and damn! he has a lot on his hands

already did :) but hes a busy guy and didnt want to overflow him with more help requests lol i looked through his posts and damn! he has a lot on his hands

hey bud didn't i get back to you on that thread?? did i miss u?

Yea you responded but you asked me what I wanted to do bulk or lean out. I know your a very busy guy so I posted here too to get other peoples opinion while I waited for yours brother. Im looking to lean out but maintain or if possible gain some muscle. Or just gain a few pounds of quality muscle.

i think the diet looks good but i'm no nutritionist. why work chest and back for a second time that week? and on the same day no less. i would drop that and do a 4 day split, just do cardio on fridays.

My opinion is there is too little fat. But I'm no diet guru. ;)

I just follow:
1.2g protein per lbm
.45g fat per pound
-500 cals from maintenance to cut.
I adjust the protein to 1g per lbm target when I bulk or maintain and eat 500 cals in surplus.
Usually though on days I don't lift I will eat close to no carbs and just up the fats.

As was said earlier, you're stated goal is quite a large change in LBM. You didn't state how long you've been training, but if it's more than about a year, in my experience, you won't be able to successfully gain muscle and lose fat at the same time if you're a natural. You're going to have to take this in steps of bulking and cutting to reach your goal without drugs.

I would first focus on eating in a caloric excess and gaining weight since you're already reasonably lean at 13%. Then later you can work on cutting down fat while maintaining the muscle you've built.

Comments on your diet: I assume you omitted vegetable intake intentionally. If not, try to add some vegetables into your plan. Brocolli, spinach, tomotoes, carrots, etc.

IMO, you're not eating enough fat. As a natural under 200 lbs, consuming 386 grms of protein per day is not benefiting you at all. I think you could easily drop that down to 300 grams per day or lower ( i personally target around 1.5 grams of protein per lb of lean mass). By dropping protein intake, you can make up the difference in calories with fat. Looking at your diet, you need to consume some EFAs either through fatty fish or fish oil supplementation. You could also include some whole eggs into your plan in place of some of your whites.

Back