carb after training

Well that depends. Your questions are so vague usually no one can give a solid answer. Are you on a ketogenic diet?

What are you getting at

Miss Muscle said:
Perhaps your question should be What is the point of having a carb source after a workout?

And the answer to that (instead of just playing around) is yes!!!!
weathe`n not your are on a diet, are a mesomorph or not you deffinately should include some fast absorbing cars immediately after work- out, preferably before you go in the shower in the gym!
I claim this because when you train (and I`m referring to muscle- training) your boby first starts to burn off excess calories from carbs before you start burning off fat. That is why many bodybuilders have a strict plan for every workout. Most BB`s work out 45-60 minutes before hitting the treadmill..
The reason?
After you have been lifting, squatting and so on for 45-60 min. your body will have decreased its carblevels that you get from food pre workout and earlier on the day. Your boby becomes in a catabolic state, this is when you should hit the treadmill. Wear a pulsewatch of some kind and stay in the classic "fatburning"- zone for at least 30-45 min walking at a pulse varying from 115-130 depending on age and water in your body.
When you are done your body screams for nutrients it`s missing.
THIS IS WHEN YOU SHOULD CONSUME CARBS.
Your source of carbs should be easyconsuming carbs ex. maltodextrin or dextrose. Dextrose is the best you can use because the type of sugar is monosacarides (not poly as in maltodextrin). Consume between 30-50 gram carbs depening on bodyweight and fathigue.
Your muscles will urge this fast source of energy and store it as ATP in your muscles within a few minutes. Hit the showers and you will feel a hole lot better when you come out. Your muscles should be harder once you get used to this rutine within a week or so and your bloodlevels come upp to the mormal rate.

NOTE: If you use creatine of some kind, try to add taurine to the mix (2-3grams) and see even greater results.

We can off course discuss dosage etc depending on your bmi etc but that is another discussion..

Hope I brought some clarity to your head.. :)

velocity said:
And the answer to that (instead of just playing around) is yes!!!!
weathe`n not your are on a diet, are a mesomorph or not you deffinately should include some fast absorbing cars immediately after work- out, preferably before you go in the shower in the gym!
I claim this because when you train (and I`m referring to muscle- training) your boby first starts to burn off excess calories from carbs before you start burning off fat. That is why many bodybuilders have a strict plan for every workout. Most BB`s work out 45-60 minutes before hitting the treadmill..
The reason?
After you have been lifting, squatting and so on for 45-60 min. your body will have decreased its carblevels that you get from food pre workout and earlier on the day. Your boby becomes in a catabolic state, this is when you should hit the treadmill. Wear a pulsewatch of some kind and stay in the classic "fatburning"- zone for at least 30-45 min walking at a pulse varying from 115-130 depending on age and water in your body.
When you are done your body screams for nutrients it`s missing.
THIS IS WHEN YOU SHOULD CONSUME CARBS.
Your source of carbs should be easyconsuming carbs ex. maltodextrin or dextrose. Dextrose is the best you can use because the type of sugar is monosacarides (not poly as in maltodextrin). Consume between 30-50 gram carbs depening on bodyweight and fathigue.
Your muscles will urge this fast source of energy and store it as ATP in your muscles within a few minutes. Hit the showers and you will feel a hole lot better when you come out. Your muscles should be harder once you get used to this rutine within a week or so and your bloodlevels come upp to the mormal rate.

NOTE: If you use creatine of some kind, try to add taurine to the mix (2-3grams) and see even greater results.

We can off course discuss dosage etc depending on your bmi etc but that is another discussion..

Hope I brought some clarity to your head.. :)

i stopped reading after this.

DirkMoneyshot said:
Well that depends. Your questions are so vague usually no one can give a solid answer. Are you on a ketogenic diet?

What are you getting at

LOL.

I was thinking the same thing. I have never been able to figure out WTF this dude is talking about half the time.

velocity said:
What are you reffering to bubba?

I was refrencing to your add from muscletech basically----Did you want to provide us something new? Since a lot of what you said is outdated or been thrown around for years?

Back