Cardio

Eze

Right now I am in a cutting phase. I have restricted calories and carbs and raised my protein. I think I have the whole deit thing in check. I have a cardio question. What's the best way to do cardio? How can you burn the most fat and the least amount of protein (muscle)? I have been doing the x-trainer for 30 minutes 4 times a week. I just do the fat burn program that the machine has. I try and keep my heart rate somewhere around 128-130. Any suggestions?

Postworkout I usually jog/sprint at intervals for no more than 15 minutes (usually 12).

I do that for a couple of weeks, and then I add in about 2-4 more 30 min MODERATE cardio sessions at another time during the day.. like 30 min walk, or 30 min on the PreCor elliptical trainer.

if u wanna burn the most fat it would be in the morning. I just take a whey protein shake so I don't risk losing muscle this way here i can burn as much of the fat as possibile without carbs interferring. i usually do cardio 3 times a week in the moroning for 45 min. Or i will do after my work out for 15 min.

Beast_19_301 said:
if u wanna burn the most fat it would be in the morning. I just take a whey protein shake so I don't risk losing muscle this way here i can burn as much of the fat as possibile without carbs interferring. i usually do cardio 3 times a week in the moroning for 45 min. Or i will do after my work out for 15 min.

In regard to"burn the most fat in the morning" all I can say that it was not proven by any scientific researches that this theory hold water.

You can lose as much fat in the evening too....As far as cardio I usually do my run on my non- lifting days, 3 times a week..

i agree with terranoble. morning or evening. post workout 20 to 30 minutes moderate pace

Interval training in my opinion is the best way to lose bodyfat and keep muscle. Run for two minutes, walk for one, run for two, walk for one etc.....I don't do much more than 20 minutes, 30min. tops.
I think one of the best ways to lean out as well if you don't want to use cardio equipment is to run stairs. Go to a park that has bleachers and run the bleachers. You'll be a lean, mean, machine!

Fyre said:
Interval training in my opinion is the best way to lose bodyfat and keep muscle. Run for two minutes, walk for one, run for two, walk for one etc.....I don't do much more than 20 minutes, 30min. tops.
I think one of the best ways to lean out as well if you don't want to use cardio equipment is to run stairs. Go to a park that has bleachers and run the bleachers. You'll be a lean, mean, machine!

I concur 100%. Intervals is tough shit, but works like none other.

Back