Checking in - back after it after almost 5 years

DaHurt

Motivated
Checking in after almost 5 years - in 2012 I had just finished my first cycle (test only) - which I logged here on the forum - and was starting my next to prep for my first contest but due to life circumstances, had to drop everything (before pics are right before that happened).

Now that I'm in a better place business-wise and we've had our first kid, I'm ready to get back after it at the ripe old age of 30. In the past 5 years I've trained on and off and even for a time got into more of the functional fitness competition stuff - but for the past 6-8 months or so I've just been focusing on more bodybuilding style workouts. Haven't touched gear since 2012 but now that things have stabilized I'm getting the itch again and would like to finally step on stage. Height is 5'10" and my current weight is around 215-220.

My hope is that my receptors are primed and ready to go...and when I finally do go back on cycle - I'll actually be in a better place than in 2012 when I started my first (208 lbs). Once I start I'll definitely log everything on here. Feels good to be back!

View attachment 566833View attachment 566834View attachment 566835View attachment 566836

Checking in after almost 5 years - in 2012 I had just finished my first cycle (test only) - which I logged here on the forum - and was starting my next to prep for my first contest but due to life circumstances, had to drop everything (before pics are right before that happened).

Now that I'm in a better place business-wise and we've had our first kid, I'm ready to get back after it at the ripe old age of 30. In the past 5 years I've trained on and off and even for a time got into more of the functional fitness competition stuff - but for the past 6-8 months or so I've just been focusing on more bodybuilding style workouts. Haven't touched gear since 2012 but now that things have stabilized I'm getting the itch again and would like to finally step on stage. Height is 5'10" and my current weight is around 215-220.

My hope is that my receptors are primed and ready to go...and when I finally do go back on cycle - I'll actually be in a better place than in 2012 when I started my first (208 lbs). Once I start I'll definitely log everything on here. Feels good to be back!

View attachment 566833View attachment 566834View attachment 566835View attachment 566836

Hey buddy welcome back :wavey: Let me say we are really glad you are back. You know we are here to help as well as learn from your input.

Getting down to it man you are looking great. You legs are up to par and you have some nice size to your arms. I would say you are a prime candidate to jump back in full bore. Of course make sure you body is ready referencing mainly your joints.

AS you know if your not ready yet because of the layoff keep it slow but if joints and tendons are ready ,, hey lets go for it :dance2:

Stick around now. AND tell us your plan as of starting back. Damn I wish I wasn't my age and had soo many years off I would just love to compete again...Wow

Good Luck man we will be here to support you.

OMM

Hey buddy welcome back :wavey: Let me say we are really glad you are back. You know we are here to help as well as learn from your input.

Getting down to it man you are looking great. You legs are up to par and you have some nice size to your arms. I would say you are a prime candidate to jump back in full bore. Of course make sure you body is ready referencing mainly your joints.

AS you know if your not ready yet because of the layoff keep it slow but if joints and tendons are ready ,, hey lets go for it :dance2:

Stick around now. AND tell us your plan as of starting back. Damn I wish I wasn't my age and had soo many years off I would just love to compete again...Wow

Good Luck man we will be here to support you.

OMM

Thanks man - the front double bi that shows my quads is from 2012 and the pic next to it (face blacked out w/ beard) is current day. The rear double bi taken inside is 2012 and the one next to it with crappy lighting (and the beard) is present day.

I'll try to get a shot of the wheels for comparison as well.

Really appreciate the words of encouragement and support brother!

That's cool, no worries , remember muscle memory. When I made a come back 6 years ago it came back fast. But listen I can't get back like my days in the 80's and 90's due to my age. I tell you the age thing is fvckin real I'm hard at it, HARD I tell you with cycling.

With your age and only 5 years it will come pretty quick and your muscle maturity is G2G I tell you. However patience you must et back before you actually grow new muscle and that will drive you crazy , maybe.? Arms are very good but work on peak
while you grow. You really need a stand out peak for show.

Ok lets see what others say. This forum is great. Oh my Avi pic was Daytona classic 1986 ha lol.....

PS: I'm an ectomorph... dammit :(

Back