Chem Here>>>>>response

chemripped

Ok....here is the deal and the facts. We USED TO destroy everything on a weekly basis. ALL of my garbage sat in my garage next to a shredder. Tom (THE DWARF) came over once a week and shreded the orders which are sepperate from regular house trash.. There was a time where I would leave the side door unlocked for tom to get into the garage to get his supplies( his apt. is very small) and do the shredding. This was of course until I got a second garage door opener. Now it is secure. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANY ORDERS PUT TO THE CURB THAT WERE NOT SHREDDED. EVER.

AS FOR THE ORDER FORMS THAT WERE TAKEN OUT OF THE GARAGE OR HOWEVER THEY WERE AQUIRED....THAT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY. YOU GUYS HAVE PUT YOUR TRUST IN ME AND YES....I FEEL THE I HAVE LET YOU DOWN. THE BOTTOM LINE THOUGH NOTHING HAS BEEN BOUGHT THAT IS ILLEGAL. NOBODY HAS ANY CHARGES ON THIER CARDS THAT ARE NOT AUTHORIZED..WE WOULD HAVE HEARD ABOUT IT.
THIS GUY "WILL" WHO CALLED THEM TO INVESTIGATE A $3K CHARGE FROM US WAS A BULLSHIT LIE. you can see that from the site.

Second, a comptitor was seen prancing around Toms house about 2 months ago. Just walking aroung his apt. complex. The drawrf called me immedieatley and told me about it. The competitor in mind does not live around the area, so what business did he have there?? Trust me....he was there. I called him and he told me he was in New port richey which was about 20 minutes away from tom's -- why was he there...till today, we thought nothing of this. I will not say the competitors name, BUT HE HAS TRIED TO TRASH US NUMEROUS TIMES BEFORE. IF YOU RECALL, HE GOT A SO CALLED INFECTION FROM OUR KITS AND THEN WENT ONTO ANOTHER BOARD SAYING HE WAS A DOCTOR WHO WAS TREATING A PATCIENT WITH AN INFECTION. SAME IP FOR BOTH POSTS. I AM SURE SOME OF YOU REMEMBER THIS STORY AND ATTEMPT.

AS FOR THIS COMPANY WHO POSTED THE INFORMATION, THEY ARE NON-EXISTANT. WWW.INVESTIGATIVESOLUTIONS.COM DOES NOT EXIST. TRY IT! THERE IS NO TRUE SITE. THEY ARE BASED ON A FREE WEBHOST...NOTHING MORE. A REAL COMPANY WOULD HAVE A WEBSITE REPRESENTING THIER COMPANY.

THE FREE WEBHOSTING COMPANY HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT THIS GUY IS BREAKING A FLORIDA STATUTE BY PLACING PERSONAL INFORMATION UP ABOUT ANY OF US. THAT IS WHY THE SITE IS DOWN AND WILL REMAIN DOWN.

AGAIN, I WILL NOT NAME THE ACTUAL PERSON WHO I BELIVE THAT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS UNTIL I FIND OUT 100%. BUT I AM SURE THAT WE ALL HAVE AN IDEA.

THE SHREDDER IS NOW LOCATED DIRECTLY NEXT TO THE DESK IN MY OFFICE NOW. IT HAS BEEN THERE FOR A MONTH NOW. EVERY ORDER GETS SHREDDED THE MINUTE IT GOES THROUGH. MANY OF YOU MAY REALIZE THIS AS SOMETIMES WE GET A "DECLINED" ORDER AND WE NOTIFY THE CUSTOMER VIA E-MAIL AND THEY RESPOND WITH A NEW CC NUMBER VIA E-MAIL. WE TELL THEM THAT THEY NEED TO REORDER BECAUSE THERE FIRST ORDER (DECLINED OR NOT) WAS SHREDDED. I AM SURE THERE ARE A FEW PEEPS OUT THERE THAT CAN CONFIRM THIS.

WE ARE SORRY THAT THIS INFORMATION WAS STOLEN FROM US AND WE ARE ALSO SURE THAT IT IS ILLEGAL TO POST IT ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET. DO NOT THINK THAT WE WILL SIT BACK AND LET SOMEBODY DO THIS. YOU GUYS KNOW ME AND I WILL TAKE ALL MEANS TO MAKE SURE THIS BREACH NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN AND I WILL FIND OUT WHO DID THIS AND PERSONALLY DESTROY THEM.. WE ARE SURE THAT WE ARE GOING TO LOOSE A FEW LOYAL UNEASY CUSTOMERS OVER THIS EPISODE, BUT THE ORDERS ARE STILL COMING EVEN AS WE SPEAK
AND I HAVE BEEN STRAIGHT WITH EVERYONE FROM DAY ONE. WE WILL TAKE EXTREME MEASURES FROM NOW ON AND HOPE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE DO FEEL RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS.

I WILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED AS I LEARN THE FACTS. I HAVE A FEW VERY WELL KNOW MODS WORKING ON THIS AS WE SPEAK.

PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY IF YOU NEED TO CHEM@RESEARCHKITS.COM

CHEM....

WWW.RESEARCHKITS.COM

I agree that someone is out to get you. But why, may I ask, do you keep records on any form of paper at all? Why not store everthing electronically and encrypted? Then delete the info as soon as you no longer need it.

Copied the reply below from the other thread, in case Chem just sticks to this one now...

chemripped said:
the numbers were not disclosed. The site is now down.

this contradicts information on another site.
they were saying the credit card numbers were up at first, but were removed before the entire site was taken down.

but either way, how about answering my questions?

Do you have an idea of the approximate dates and/or order numbers that were compromised?

Do you have a copy of the complete list that was published?

===
I added the quoted credit card stuff from a thread at anabolex
My name is on there!
I don't care if it is a hacker or real - somehow that POS website let all my info get out -
My addy, my credit card # w/ a few missing and what I ordered!

My name is on there... and ALL of my info. And yes I am a REAL person.

Sorry to all the guys I refered to them. This shit is very unproffesional to say the least. A fucking paper shredder is very inexpensive!!!!

I am not sweating it too much though, what can they do with having my name and stuff? Not a whole lot. But if this prick uses my card for his own shit then I am taking a small road trip.

my freaking name is on there acually it's my wifes name on there it was her CC with my last name on it too , this sucks

big fuckin deal. my name was on there too just like other peoples. for one, my credit card number was not on there, the first 4 digits yes, but not the whole number. also, what i ordered was on there too, so what? i ordered a fina kit. oooooooohhhhhhhhhh, im screwed!!!! gimme a break. and my shipping addy was on there as well. well listen up guys, if you thought that inputting your personal info over the net was completely secure, then your dumber then nails. ill still use researchkits because even with this messup, then have the bewst products and service out there. also, if your mad at anyone, get mad at ******** because its obvious they are the ones who stole your information and posted it for the world to see.

w

(until you are 100% sure about who did it, please refrain from accusing. Yes we all have the same feeling as you as to who did it...)

Last edited by a moderator:
no offense warlord, but you're the one who doesn't get the big picture.

FYI, I'm not "mad" at chem or researchkits, but disclosure of personal information which can be aggregated into God knows how many other databases is not a good thing. It would only take a few minutes for an automated system to crawl the site and get all of the information that was posted when it was available. If you were ever the victim of identity theft, or know someone who was, you wouldn't take it so lightly. Frankly, identity theft is the least of my concerns around this breach.

Situations like this are never easy, and I'm glad that Chem is taking responsibility for the theft, but IMO he also needs to acknowledge that his customers were harmed by this act, not just his business. I want to hear what legal action he is taking to identify the person who stole the information, and whomever may have been paying for these services, that he is going to get a full list of the compromised information so that those who have been impacted can be made aware, etc. not that he is going to "PERSONALLY DESTROY THEM". If my information was disclosed, I would join a class action lawsuit, and jump on the bandwagon with chem to personally destroy the person and any organization behind him responsible for this disclosure.

But it's been less than a day, and probably one of the worst days in the history of his business, so I'll give him some more time.

warlord said:
big fuckin deal. my name was on there too just like other peoples. for one, my credit card number was not on there, the first 4 digits yes, but not the whole number. also, what i ordered was on there too, so what? i ordered a fina kit. oooooooohhhhhhhhhh, im screwed!!!! gimme a break. and my shipping addy was on there as well. well listen up guys, if you thought that inputting your personal info over the net was completely secure, then your dumber then nails. ill still use researchkits because even with this messup, then have the bewst products and service out there. also, if your mad at anyone, get mad at ******** because its obvious they are the ones who stole your information and posted it for the world to see.

w

Warlord,
This is speculation at this point.
And also, it IS a big deal, at least for some of us. I'm more worried about the professional implications than even the financial ones.
If you wish to act as an apologist, that's fine. But don't act like those of us who are truly concerned are just panicky paranoids.

Is that the sum of your response?
Who said anything about completely secure? I would go with "reasonably" secure.
A fuckup is a fuckup. Don't blame the victim. Is the woman who wore a short skirt raped with impunity?

my bad, the quote wasnt really directed at you. just that you have to expect something like this when you are giving up very important info over the net. at least in my mind i know that something of this nature could happen. thats just life on the net.

hey, its cool that some of you feel different then i do, i just felt like sharing how i feel because there is more then just the side of people that are bashing chem. i knew when i ordered that something like this could happen, it could happen to any site that you give info too. what are we going to do now? some people are talking about sueing and all this crap. gimme a break, all that is going to do is make this issue more public which if i am correct, is what a lot of you are most concerned with anyways.

w

warlord said:

That's kind of an ignorant response. Just because you order something over the Internet doesn't mean you should expect to fall victim of identity theft. There are many ways to run a website, and an organization for that matter, to where this kind of thing does not happen.

Credit card or identity theft are not the man concern. Anytime your personal info is publicly linked with your screename there is a reason to be concerned.

warlord said:
my bad, the quote wasnt really directed at you. just that you have to expect something like this when you are giving up very important info over the net. at least in my mind i know that something of this nature could happen. thats just life on the net.

hey, its cool that some of you feel different then i do, i just felt like sharing how i feel because there is more then just the side of people that are bashing chem. i knew when i ordered that something like this could happen, it could happen to any site that you give info too. what are we going to do now? some people are talking about sueing and all this crap. gimme a break, all that is going to do is make this issue more public which if i am correct, is what a lot of you are most concerned with anyways.

w

I am concerned about what's going on with me and my info, not with bashing or certainly sueing Chem. I feel for him with the shitstorm he's in the middle of. I've already emailed him to try to find out what else about me was up there.
And if we accept these kinds of things as "just life on the net", it'll only get worse.

warlord said:

w

You still don't get it :), Regardless, from some other stuff I've read, it wouldn't matter how you placed your order. Order details, including shipping addresses were scanned in from the stolen records. It's not just about the credit card info.

As far as any class action would be concerned, the identities of those who take part in the class, in addition to the data would be protected. IMO any company, in this arena especially, who engages in corporate espionage, and publishes confidential information about customers, deserves to be called out publically and run out of business with whatever assets they've accumliated siezed. Quieter is better, but the harm has been done, and the industry is walking a fine line as it is.

Now, off to the gym to work off some extra aggression :)

Wartime100 said:
Credit card or identity theft are not the man concern. Anytime your personal info is publicly linked with your screename there is a reason to be concerned.

Agreed, and the first part of my response was directed towards warlord's post that basically you should expect this sort of thing when buying over the Internet because that is simply not true.

But are we even really dealing with the Internet here? No. This info was posted because someone went hunting for his garbage. My point is it should have never gotten to that point. This exact same thing happened in the kj incident and that's one of the reasons he got nailed.

Now we could all sit here and argue back and forth but what good is it really going to do? Right now all we can hope for is that chem corrects his mistakes and pursues this person who is going after him.

If he truly feels that his products are not illegal and if he reports all his income to the IRS and runs a legitimate business then he should be pursuing this legally to find the people that stole and posted this info.

I wish him luck either way.

What''s over is over. Time to move on. All we can due is make sure shit like this doesn't happen again and hope that no harm was done. One thing is for sure, I will never again use my screename or what board I came from when ordering from any website.

Back