Clean bulking diet experiences/advice please

frenchy121

Hi all

Been a long while size I've been on!

Starting a bulk, need to gain some good lean mass as looking to do a show next April. Just come off calorie deficit of 1500 cals, current BF% 13.4%.. I now need to bulk. Would you suggest a slow calorie increase to Maintenance then increase? I've hit 1800 today as found that hard to eat and it's not even enough to maintain!

So clean bulk is the best way to gain minimal fat?
Keep some CV in?
Any dirty foods?
Increase protein? (Less fat gain, I know gains are quicker increasing carbs but more fat gain)

All advice appreciated and experience :)

Going to run var as well, does great for me when cutting I love it

welcome back frenchy...

i would think you would have to at least get up to 2000 calories to see some gains.. ideally 2300-2500 calories..

you can even try carb cycling for bulking.. i have done it with a few female contest prep clients and they have done well on it

Depending on how long you've been in a deficit, you want to slowly increase the cals over a week (say 100cals extra per day) & then stay at maintenance for between 2-4 weeks.

Do not switch from a cut to a bulk straight away - your hormones are severely deregulated after a cut & switching straight to a bulk will guarantee higher than necessary fat gain.

Clean/dirty - doesn't matter (I hate both of those words lol), to mininize fat gain just create a smaller surplus.
CV - you can keep some in if you want, but don't go crazy with it - 3x week IMO
Protein intake should be between 1-1.2g/lb for bulking, anymore is overkill.

Back