Cloudy fina

Hammer

How many of you who made your own fina came out milky or cloudy. My friend makes his and it always comes out milky but everyone useing it has gotten great gains.

Sounds like he gets a little air in it when he's filtering. If you see a little white stream come out during the filtering proccess it's from pressing to hard and pushing air through the filter. It donsn't hurt the final product just cosmetic.

grafix-gnc said:
exaclty just cosmetic, happened to me once or twice

yes... this is ok.
I had brewed fina and came out clear yellow and in a few days returned to a cloudy look.

I notice if I get a pan of water almost til boiling fill say 1 or 2 inches of pan with water and shut off.

You can do this with a mug of hot water from microwave and let product "bathe" until cool and will be clear.

Sometimes it stays clear other batches go back cloudy.

Its good long as you did the Whatman 45 filter and never broke it in the process. I had many cloudy batches cleat if I warmed a bit.

One of my first batches was my worst yrs ago was real cloudy. I forgot where I hid for 2 yrs and found behind my dresser drawer and product was now crystal clear.

Last edited:
DangerousGrounds said:

One of my first batches was my worst yrs ago was real cloudy. I forgot where I hid for 2 yrs and found behind my dresser drawer and product was now crystal clear.

There you go....put it away for a couple years...It gets better with age.

Back