coffee filtering out the binders...oops

hammer53

Chief SmackaHoe
lets just say it was late, i was tired. i skipped a step. didnt filter out the binders (synovex).

is my powder gunna be fucked?

or will the whatman filer take care of it?

can i? i have already gone thru the whole process, im drying the powder in the oven right now.

DougoeFre5h said:
the powder will dissolve in oil but the binders wont. You can do it at that step I believe.

so you are saying add the powder to the oil and filter thru coffee filter?

then after that run thru whatman and i should be ok?

worst case scenerio, all the binders arent out - it will clog the whatman?

or lets say it doesnt and they filter thru, will they fuck me up?

anyone?

ive addded the powder to the oild and it looks very well dissolved, no particles really.

Well the whatman will filter the binders out, and probably clog quicky.

In the end it wont hurt you anyways. If it looks clear and is passed through a whatman, its good to go.

thx, but a bit late. i filtered about 20 ml and the whatman clogged like a mother. i think i need to order a few more. its freakin difficult. i see a caulk gun thread maybe i can rig somehting.

even with the caulk gun its difficult. i think i need to scrap this batch. a shame. i dont have access to raw powders so i thought id try the synovex conversion. i think ill just stick to fina conversions, easy shit there.

the 20 ml i did filter look opaque/ milky, probably no good.

i think ill let the 20ml sit and see what happens. if it settles, what am expecting, a white layer at the bottom? i guess i could coffee filter the oil then attempt to filter though a whatman and see if i get a clear oil final product.

the unfiltered solution (which is dissovled synovex and oil) has seperated leaving a white layer at the bottom and opaque liquid on top.

the filtered solution (which is dissovled synovex and oil thru the whatman) looks also to be seperating, but its hard to tell yet, its only 20 ml.

Back