college diet

ILB50

heres the problem i play football i live in the dorms and i have class/study table (study hall) i am finding it almost impossible to eat even 5 times a day and eat healthy and it is pretty much out of the question to get in 400g protein (weight 235) without throwing up b/c of massive amounts of food intake at once... i have no room, and i am not allowed to cook in the room. no stoves available to students what should i do please help im dwindling away

protein powder + oatmeal + olive oil/fish oil/peanut butter/any good fat + a blender = quick, cheap, easy meal that wont make you puke.

Check the link in my sig. They have some of the best prices on protein powder out there. Some of the best falvors too.

im takin protien shakes one in mornin one after workouts and one at night but real food is better anyone have anything 4 me to help me appreciate it

i had the same problem for two years while i was dorming (moved back home) i'd suggest investing in a forman grill...plug it right into your room and cook basically whatever you want on it. . . i cooked alot of chicken. as far as school food its pretty much all shit but keep on eye out for lean meats. i ate alot of deli turkey as we had a sandwhich stand. canned tuna will also do the trick.

college life is horrible..the average student is into drinking beer...and soda and orderin pizza at 4am while drunk..not to mention the horrible choices of food they ahve at the caf.

Here are a few basic things that me and a few of my gym buddies did.

Sams club or BJ's or even a local supermarket that had greats weekly sales....bought lean meats and carbs.

Blender helped\ and a small foreman grill worked.

Best of luck bro.

Last edited:
i got the foreman grill and hell i even have the food saver just no room to cook and our fire alarms go off but i think im gonna have to start buyin canned chicken (Blaah) not a big tuna fan but hell why not ill try it just gimme a good recipe for it thanks for the help all...ill try to step it up

ILB50 said:
i got the foreman grill and hell i even have the food saver just no room to cook and our fire alarms go off but i think im gonna have to start buyin canned chicken (Blaah) not a big tuna fan but hell why not ill try it just gimme a good recipe for it thanks for the help all...ill try to step it up

open a window...jesus man your in college be creative. tuna and canned chicken is alot better with some hot sauce on em...no lie.

cottage cheese, sandwiches, get some frozen chicken, go somewhere heat that shit up and stick it in the fridge, might be cold but its protein. Tuna, peanut butter, there are lots of choices

its really not as hard. i also play college football and i dorm, its no hard at all to eat. just eat whatever you think is the best quality food. its hard to explain but you gotta adjust as best as you can.

i dont have a window that opens i live in a damm jail cell... i think im gonna go the canned route even tho it taste like ass ill dump some hot sauce and man up appreciate the help all

do they have a cafe?? They usually have hard boiled eggs for people that eat salad... luckaly not that many people eat them so I usually take alot and eat them during class.

ILB50 said:
i dont have a window that opens i live in a damm jail cell... i think im gonna go the canned route even tho it taste like ass ill dump some hot sauce and man up appreciate the help all
job + apartment = teh hotness

I can figure out for the life of me why people live in those shitholes.

no they dont have eggs they have chopped eggs but not just hard boiled ones....ya i have to live in the dorms for a year mandatory so i gotta deal with it... plus scholarship pays for it so free room thats y i stay here

ILB50 said:
i have to live in the dorms for a year mandatory so i gotta deal with it... plus scholarship pays for it so free room thats y i stay here
oh ok, in that case...i can understand why youd live in a dorm lol.

Can you use a microwave in the room? Thatd really help out. Even youre not allowed to have one, get one, and keep it hidden.

i'm havin the same problem now... can't find much on campus... and all the good food is getting old real fast.

Back