Comp tanning questions/concerns!!

bw2506

Have my first mens physique show coming up and am a little stressedabout the tanning situation...pro tan will be there....i plan to be there fri morning around 11am. Prejudging is 9a sat morning.... If i pay for 3 coats how exactly will the timing work? Also, will these ppl be backstage to do touchups? Should i buy pro tan comp color and start applying before showand then pay for their services as well?

Im not against buying my own color and letting my wife apply it instead of paying for the services tgere. My worries with that is that i will be backstage by myself and if i need a touchup what happens???

Basically, i just need any suggestions on what you guys recommend and a little assurance to not stress out about this

Thanks

Im competing in physique (masters)

Here is a morning shot after yesterdays cheat meal...24 Days Out and Nervous...any criticism/pointers or words of wisdom is greatly appreciated. Btw i am using a prep coach, just looking for outside opinions

2mqoigz.jpg

Side note apart from the tanning

I'd lay off the compound barbell presses (bench press, military press)-
in the pic it looks like your delts and anterior delts are much more developed then the chest in regards to size,, you need to give the chest a chance to grow and catch up to your delts.

Hold 2 pencils, one in each hand, stand up straight but fully relaxed,, if the pencils are not pointing straight ahead and are angled towards pointing to each other,, you have a muscle imbalance in your shoulders due to overly developed anterior delts. . Which is usually caused over time due to lots and lots of pressing movements.

Just a thought, maybe it will help you out

You look great dude.. What are your stats ?
Just set it up with them when you get there. I'm sure they will do the touch-ups. They are there to make the show look good.

6'3" currently around 213.5. I actually havent done barbell bench in prob 3 months due to shoulder injury...chest looked alot better when i was including it

Just curious.. What was the shoulder injury/aggrevation ? What part of the shoulder? Is it doing better now that you gave up presses?

You mean to say-- my chest looked better before I injured my shoulder. Makes sense.
Curious why it got injured in the first place.

Just trying to help, been dealing with shoulder issues myself

Last edited:
Never was diagnosed but pain just behind front deltoid. Flat bench was impossible and anythi g where i crossed the arm across my body was pretty brutal. Oddly most shoulder exercises minus front raise were not that bad. Its not completely healed by any means but the last 2 weeks have significantly been better...

I had similar pain mine was from a dislocated shoulder. You could of just had the ball slip out of the joint. Band exercises like a baseball pitcher would do helped a lot a long with some lite weight work with the rotator cuff to help with stability will bring you back to healthy.

Do t stress bro. Use the protan . They will do touch ups whenever you need them especially if you start to win categories. They do a great job used them many times.

first of all, people say all kinds of shit to each other they have no business saying, especially this close to stage. you could look totally different in another pose. don't worry about your shoulders is what I'm saying.
after this show, if you want to keep going, hire a coach to look at you and help sculpt, case closed.

meanwhile, you look great, and congrats on prep as a master level competitor!!!

for the tan, I cannot stress this enough...do not worry. seriously, it is a ridiculous thing to worry about, simply because they make it idiot proof. you will tan the night before. tan before pre-judging, and then tan before the night show. you will be a-ok!!!!!

it is normal to be nervous, but put that energy into food prep where it belongs. and resting so you can keep your cortisol down. you're gonna do great. ;) oh, and do not have your wife tan you. let the pro's do it.

first of all, people say all kinds of shit to each other they have no business saying, especially this close to stage. you could look totally different in another pose. don't worry about your shoulders is what I'm saying.
after this show, if you want to keep going, hire a coach to look at you and help sculpt, case closed.

meanwhile, you look great, and congrats on prep as a master level competitor!!!

for the tan, I cannot stress this enough...do not worry. seriously, it is a ridiculous thing to worry about, simply because they make it idiot proof. you will tan the night before. tan before pre-judging, and then tan before the night show. you will be a-ok!!!!!

it is normal to be nervous, but put that energy into food prep where it belongs. and resting so you can keep your cortisol down. you're gonna do great. ;) oh, and do not have your wife tan you. let the pro's do it.

Sage advise.

Back