Creatine Lovers Must Try Kre-Alkalyn

billas333

If you guys have not heard or taken Kre-Alkalyn creatine then here is the info you need to know about it.

Kre-Alkalyn creatine is creatine monohydrate that has been buffered. This means that when it is mixed into an acidic solution like water, juice, or when it hits your highly acidic stomach acid, that it can resist the change in pH and not convert to creatinine so easily. As you probably already know creatinine is what causes water retention between the skin and the muscle NOT inside the muscle itself. This is the main cause of the bloated look that is associated with certain types of creatine like monohydrate, malate, titrate, ethyl ester.......etc.. Good water weight retention comes from creatine that makes it inside the muscle cell. The water is then held inside the muscle and not between the skin. This results in more chemical reactions within the muscle for strength and growth.

Why is Kre-Alkalyn not so highly advertised? Plain and simple Jeff Goulini, the guy who made creatine monohydrate popular in the U.S. in the early 1990's is the inventor of Kre-Alkalyn and the main guy to study the creatinine conversion of other creatines. Goulini has Kre-Alkalyn TRADEMARKED so if a company wants to use it then they have to pay him to do so. Therefor you will probably never see BSN, Muscletech, or Gaspari every use Kre-Alkalyn.

Goulini's studies show Kre-Alkalyn to be 10times more effective than creatine monohydrate alone. This means that 1.5grams / 1500mg's of kre-alkalyn is more effective that 15grams of creatine monohydrate. Think about it. Less powder = easier on your stomach, less water retention, and less stress on the kidney's to filter out the creatinine.

My personal experiences with creatine and kre-alkalyn are as follows:

I used plain old monohydrate for years when it came out but never really enjoyed taking it because it killed my stomach and was always bloated. Loading for 5-days pretty much wasted all the creatine I bought and I had to go buy more. However I did get stronger.

I used a product about a year ago that had 5 types of creatine in it from Creatine Etyl ester, Malate, titrate, monohydrate, and Kre-alkalyn. Now the KRe-alkayn is the main reason why I purchased it. I used to for 3 months and got stronger and it was a lot easier to take than monohydrate.

Finally I found some kre-alkalyn pills by themselves and began using them. First thing I noticed was the lack of water weight and bloatedness look I got from the previous 2. Also I looked biggger annd harder due to the water inside the muscle cell. Lastly my lifts went way up when I started taking Kre-Alkalyn by itself.

Simply put, there are more than 10 different types of creatine that I can think of off the top of my head but Kre-Alkalyn is the most effective and is not as expensive at CEE.

Currently I am using Bio Rythyms Kre-Alkalyn compound because they add chromium picolinate, ala, and vanadyl sulfate to it to make it the creatines absorption more effective.

You can get kre-alkalyn just about anywhere for about 30bucks for a month supply. The one I use is about 45bucks but it has the extra ingredients you dont need to buy seperately which is nice.

For those of you who like pre-workout powders to get the bigger pump, more focus, and more energy, then I would suggest three products I have used with KRe-Alkalyn in them.

Cellucor's -M5 powder or Caps are awesome

Bio Rythym - Arnge Krush has a long time release on the pump

Cytosport - Fast Twitch is similar to the above and is most cost effective.

Do yourselves all a favor and stay away from NO Xplode, Nano Vapor, Cell-Tech, and SuperPump for your creatines / pre-workout and get something wiht kre-alkalyn and give it a shot. Your lifts willl go up I Assure you.

Kre-Alkalyn has Chromium Picolinate - read below

Studies Show Chromium Picolinate is Dangerous Update 2000
Dr. Ann de Wees Allen, N.D. An alarming study conducted by Dr. John Vincent at the University of Alabama shows that chromium picolinate reacts with antioxidants in the cells to produce in "reduced" form of chromium capable of causing mutations in DNA, our human genetic material.

Based on this new research, the University of California at Berkeley warns that:

"Nobody should take the form of chromium picolinate, especially not young people."

This is not the first time that chromium picolinate has gotten negative press from the media and the scientific community. In 1995 and 1996 scientific studies showed that chromium picolinate could damage genetic material in animals. The research was funded by the National Cancer Institute and conducted at George Washington University, Department of Pharmacology, Washington, D.C. and Dartmouth College, Department of Chemistry.

The study included testing specific chromium supplements as well as various forms of chromium. Chromium picolinate, U.S. Patent 5194615, currently the most widely used form of chromium, was included in the study. The potential toxicity of the picolinate form of chromium has been an issue of debate over the past five years.

The three forms of chromium analyzed in the study were: Chromium Chloride
Chromium Nicotinate (chromium bound to niacin; Niacin-bound chromium also known as Polynicotinate.)
Chromium Picolinate (chromium bound to picolinic acid, US Patent 4315927).

Cytotoxicity was determined by measurement of colony formation in laboratory animals. Chromosome damage was measured as clastogenicity observed for cells in metaphase. Results were compared to those obtained in cells treated with ligands alone or with chromium. "Treatment with chromium picolinate producing 91 +/- 12% colony survival resulted in 32 +/- 12% of metaphases with chromosome damage." The results are indeed staggering in their implication.

"Chromium picolinate was found to cause significant chromosome damage at a non-toxic dose."

"Chromium Polynicotinate, nicotinate and CrCl3 (chloride) did not cause chromosome damage at equivalent doses."

Critics of the study retaliated by saying that the amount of chromium picolinate tested was too high to be meaningful. But Dr. Stearns, chromium researcher at Dartmouth College, says that while the doses were high, "They were not out of context considering that day in and day out consumers are taking large amounts of chromium, which may be accumulating the body." Dr. Stearns predicts that after 5 years of swallowing a daily dose of 600 mcg of chromium picolinate, the amount recommended on supplement packages, chromium would accumulate in the body to the level that caused damage in her study."

The study conclusively linked chromosome damage to chromium picolinate. Since the data showed that chromium picolinate causes DNA damage at low, supposedly nontoxic doses, the researchers concluded that, "This study raises the question of the safety of chromium picolinate as a human dietary supplement."

See if there is a Kre-Alkalyn compund available with Chromium Polynicotinate instead which does not have potential damaging effects on DNA and chromosomes.

I guess everybody is different, I didn't care for kre-akyl or ethel ester. Always got the best results from plain mono. Glad it worked for you.

I recently switched back to Kre-alkalyn and remember why I liked it so much :) I have to agree, it does work!! I get no water reten, no bloat, and results speak for themselves. PureCEE and Kre-alkalyn are the only two creatines I will ever use.

Studies Show Chromium Picolinate is Dangerous Update 2000
Dr. Ann de Wees Allen, N.D. An alarming study conducted by Dr. John Vincent at the University of Alabama shows that chromium picolinate reacts with antioxidants in the cells to produce in "reduced" form of chromium capable of causing mutations in DNA, our human genetic material.

Based on this new research, the University of California at Berkeley warns that:

"Nobody should take the form of chromium picolinate, especially not young people."

This is not the first time that chromium picolinate has gotten negative press from the media and the scientific community. In 1995 and 1996 scientific studies showed that chromium picolinate could damage genetic material in animals. The research was funded by the National Cancer Institute and conducted at George Washington University, Department of Pharmacology, Washington, D.C. and Dartmouth College, Department of Chemistry.

The study included testing specific chromium supplements as well as various forms of chromium. Chromium picolinate, U.S. Patent 5194615, currently the most widely used form of chromium, was included in the study. The potential toxicity of the picolinate form of chromium has been an issue of debate over the past five years.

The three forms of chromium analyzed in the study were: Chromium Chloride
Chromium Nicotinate (chromium bound to niacin; Niacin-bound chromium also known as Polynicotinate.)
Chromium Picolinate (chromium bound to picolinic acid, US Patent 4315927).

Cytotoxicity was determined by measurement of colony formation in laboratory animals. Chromosome damage was measured as clastogenicity observed for cells in metaphase. Results were compared to those obtained in cells treated with ligands alone or with chromium. "Treatment with chromium picolinate producing 91 +/- 12% colony survival resulted in 32 +/- 12% of metaphases with chromosome damage." The results are indeed staggering in their implication.

"Chromium picolinate was found to cause significant chromosome damage at a non-toxic dose."

"Chromium Polynicotinate, nicotinate and CrCl3 (chloride) did not cause chromosome damage at equivalent doses."

Critics of the study retaliated by saying that the amount of chromium picolinate tested was too high to be meaningful. But Dr. Stearns, chromium researcher at Dartmouth College, says that while the doses were high, "They were not out of context considering that day in and day out consumers are taking large amounts of chromium, which may be accumulating the body." Dr. Stearns predicts that after 5 years of swallowing a daily dose of 600 mcg of chromium picolinate, the amount recommended on supplement packages, chromium would accumulate in the body to the level that caused damage in her study."

The study conclusively linked chromosome damage to chromium picolinate. Since the data showed that chromium picolinate causes DNA damage at low, supposedly nontoxic doses, the researchers concluded that, "This study raises the question of the safety of chromium picolinate as a human dietary supplement."

See if there is a Kre-Alkalyn compund available with Chromium Polynicotinate instead which does not have potential damaging effects on DNA and chromosomes.

Thanks for sharing the info. Very Useful. Now I'm interested in the properties of Chromium polynicotinate.

Back