Creatine With PWO Shake

ws2006

I have recently added creatine to my regimen and have read so many different things about it on this forum that I may be more confused than when I started!

Is it ok to mix in creatine with my PWO shake? I ordered some Ancient Strength for pre workout - label says 5g and I have read some good things about how it acts quickly due to the different types of creatine in it. I also have some ON monohydrate that I can mix a tsp with something for 5 g yield.

It seems to be the consensus that you don't need more than 5 g daily so should I only use the Ancient Strength pre workout and save the mono for days I don't work out or should I take pre and post workout at 5 g each?

I have recently added creatine to my regimen and have read so many different things about it on this forum that I may be more confused than when I started!

Is it ok to mix in creatine with my PWO shake? I ordered some Ancient Strength for pre workout - label says 5g and I have read some good things about how it acts quickly due to the different types of creatine in it. I also have some ON monohydrate that I can mix a tsp with something for 5 g yield.

It seems to be the consensus that you don't need more than 5 g daily so should I only use the Ancient Strength pre workout and save the mono for days I don't work out or should I take pre and post workout at 5 g each?

The only creatine with numerous scientific studies backing its efficacy to my knowledge is good old creatine monohydrate. All the rest use shady marketing tactics to sell since the "next big thing" is usually a big seller until ppl realize how it's not that effective if at all. You don't need a loading phase, if you know what that is, since creatine at 5g/day will typically saturate skeletal muscle in around a month. Stick to 5g/day of whatever type of creatine you have but I wouldn't waste my money by buying anything but monohydrate as its typically the cheapest and most effective. If you worry about timing take it pre or post workout but even then it's not going to cause noticeable changes so feel free to take it whenever it's convenient. I usually mix it with my pre-workout since its flavorless and my pre-workout gives it a decent taste. Also some percentage of the population, <20% i believe, are creatine non-responders meaning creatine supplementation will do nothing for them. If you're one of these ppl it won't help you at all. Also make sure to drink plenty of water with resting as it will help saturate your body with extra water which is where the claims of strength improvement come in.

Back