Critique my bulking diet please

ch3mical

Hey all. Just wanted to get your opinion on my diet here. Most notably, my first couple of meals, since I wake up early at 6:30 am and hit the gym around 7 am, meaning I don't get time for a proper meal before working out, so it is a "fasted" workout.

I've been working out for years, but have never been able to put on much muscle mass. My muscles grow VERY slowly, and I go hard at the gym 4 days a week. I'm hoping my diet will help speed this along, or else I'll have to look into "other" ways to get big.

Meal 1 (8:30 AM) (Post Workout)
* EAS Meal Replacement shake (50 g Protein, etc) with 1/3 cup of oatmeal and 1 tablespoon of Flax seed oil.

Meal 2 (10 AM)
* 1-1/4 cup of dry oats mixed with water
* 3 eggs
* Organic brown toast w/ butter

Meal 3 (1 PM)
* 2 cups of green beans, broccoli or any other desired vegetable
* 6-8 ounces of chicken or beef
* Handful of almonds / natural pumpkin seeds

Meal 4 (3:30 PM)
* EAS Meal Replacement shake (50 g Protein, etc) with 1/3 cup of oatmeal and 1 tablespoon of Flax seed oil.

Meal 5 (6 PM)
* 1 cup of brown rice, or medium sized baked potato, or 1 cup of oatmeal

Meal 6 (8 PM)
* 1 scoops of casein Protein powder (around 22 grams), mixed with water and 1/2 tablespoon of flax oil.

Food Calculations:
Cals 3413
Protein 314 g
Fat 159 g
Carbs 188 g
Cholesterol 3074 mg
Sodium 2067 mg
Fiber 34 g
Sugars 18 g

Stats
Sex: Male
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 190 lb
Body Fat: 15.5%
LBM: 170 lb

Macros:
Pro: 190
Fat: 152
Carb: 380

Supplements
- Multi-vitamins
- Creatine

Thanks for checking this out, looking forward to your feedback!

4 meals the night before and pack them in a cooler. i eat one when i get to work, then one every 3 hours. i eat my last meal at work at 3pm, get to the gym. I think this will be really helpful.

Condo Association Management

4 meals the night before and pack them in a cooler. i eat one when i get to work, then one every 3 hours. i eat my last meal at work at 3pm, get to the gym. I think this will be really helpful.

Condo Association Management

What does this at all have to do with me asking for a critique on my diet?

Hey all. Just wanted to get your opinion on my diet here. Most notably, my first couple of meals, since I wake up early at 6:30 am and hit the gym around 7 am, meaning I don't get time for a proper meal before working out, so it is a "fasted" workout.

I've been working out for years, but have never been able to put on much muscle mass. My muscles grow VERY slowly, and I go hard at the gym 4 days a week. I'm hoping my diet will help speed this along, or else I'll have to look into "other" ways to get big.

Meal 1 (8:30 AM) (Post Workout)
this is crap.. eat a real breakfast.. flaxseed oil does not absorb well.. switch to another efa...
Meal 2 (10 AM)
* 1-1/4 cup of dry oats mixed with water
* 3 eggs
* Organic brown toast w/ butter
no need for the butter
Meal 3 (1 PM)

Meal 4 (3:30 PM)
again.. this is crap.. eat real food.
Meal 5 (6 PM)
* 1 cup of brown rice, or medium sized baked potato, or 1 cup of oatmeal

Meal 6 (8 PM)
* 1 scoops of casein Protein powder (around 22 grams), mixed with water and 1/2 tablespoon of flax oil.

Food Calculations:
Cals 3413
Protein 314 g
Fat 159 g
Carbs 188 g
Cholesterol 3074 mg
Sodium 2067 mg
Fiber 34 g
Sugars 18 g

Stats
Sex: Male
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 190 lb
Body Fat: 15.5%
LBM: 170 lb

Macros:
Pro: 190
Fat: 152
Carb: 380

Supplements
- Multi-vitamins
- Creatine

Thanks for checking this out, looking forward to your feedback!

look unless its a last resort stay away from shakes.. i think 2000 of your total calories are coming from shakes... if you must have that stupid weight gainer shake.. do it pwo.. at least it'll be at its best there

Back