Cycle length what are your thoughts

riverking47

Just wondering what the downside to going 17-20 weeks opposed to 12? This will be my second cycle. Test only 600mg a week with hcg and adex. Struggling to get the hcg though. Anyway I have enough test c for 20 weeks. Just what input from the experienced guys. If I can get the hcg I'll stay on it the whole time as suggested.

To put on some solid lean muscle. I'd like to retain about ten lbs. I weigh 195 now. I'm 6'1 ectomorph. Haven't had my Bf actually don't but I'd imagine it's somewhere between 15%- 20%.

Risk is the big difference.

1. An increased risk of not being able to recover.

2. You risk tendon/ligament damage from the continued growth of muscle outpacing connective tissue strength.

3. Other health markers need to be addressed, such as blood pressure, hematocrit, lipids, etc. The longer you're on a cycle, the higher the risk involved at having these outside normal values.

My .02c :)

2. You risk tendon/ligament damage from the continued growth of muscle outpacing connective tissue strength.

3. Other health markers need to be addressed, such as blood pressure, hematocrit, lipids, etc. The longer you're on a cycle, the higher the risk involved at having these outside normal values.

this

Op, my very first cycle was 20 weeks of test C 500mg and my recovery at age 43 was...ok at best which is why I decided to go on trt. Everyone recovers differently and everyone handles the side effects differently. if you run the longer cycles you must be diligent with the blood work and be prepared to cut it short if things start getting wonky. I recently had to drop my maint dose of deca at 200mg a week because I couldn't keep my hemocrit down and my blood pressure was where I didn't want it to be. I'm 46 and in this for the long haul and I want the long haul...to be long so safety first!

Hit the nail on the head here. A lot of people don't worry about their connective tissues, like tendons and ligaments. Let me tell you, if you're diet is on point, you'll be growing the entire time. Bad news is, your joints will hate you for it.

I've been at certain points where my muscles are primed for more growth, but my joints are saying fuck you. I've had to come down on weight and reps to allow them to heal or catch up so-to-speak. If you're concerned about recovery, it's almost pointless to be on when you can't grow. Just something to consider.

My experience back when I was 32 years OLD lol and being a very skinny Ecto was growing too fast for my connective tissues / tendons. I have experienced pain in many typical areas, wrists , forearms and elbows.

The recovery times were usually long as I had to back off weight and take a lot of Ibuprofen as I grew thicker and hence relive the pain.

My experience back when I was 32 years OLD lol and being a very skinny Ecto was growing too fast for my connective tissues / tendons. I have experienced pain in many typical areas, wrists , forearms and elbows.

The recovery times were usually long as I had to back off weight and take a lot of Ibuprofen as I grew thicker and hence relive the pain.

Yeah man, I totally hear you. Joints start to ache, even when not lifting. Progressive overload becomes nearly impossible. At that point, it's just maintenance workouts or sitting out all together. Body can only grow so fast.

Back