cyclist on TRT super fatigued

mikesz58

I am a 58 y/o cyclist on testosterone replacement therapy for 4 years. I am 5-10 157 lbs and race at a national level when i race. I take cypionate 2x weekly .50ml per shot
i also take anastrozole .5mg capsule 2x per week. I recently moved to altitude from florida. Years ago when i wasn't on TRT i moved to altitude and my hematocrit rose due to training at 6000ft. Was consistently in the 50-51 range. I have felt very very tired since moving to altitude 4 months ago. My doctor told me to give blood to lower my hematocrit and when i went to do so the blood donor center said my hematocrit was 54....almost too high for their standards. Since moving here i am extremely fatigued..wake up tired after 8-9 hours of sleep...not great sleep.. restless up a few times. Then in the afternoon all i can think of is a nap. Any suggestions? Do i need to quit the test for a while?

I'd chalk it up to the altitude. It takes a while to adjust. I'm a competitive runner and TRT has seriously improved my game - though I did struggle in the beggining.

2x a week is likely the way to go

Also, donating blood takes it out of me for a few days

I'm betting years ago when it didn't bother you so much it was because you were younger.

Whats your E2? I agree with Schweddy, that, low E2, hypothyroidism or adrenal insufficiency. Have you checked your thyroid lately?

If your not on HCG I would lean more towards the thyroid or adrenals, without an adequate amount of HCG with your TRT its common to slow those down.

Being tired between 3-5pm is a very common symptom of adrenal insufficiency.

Last edited:
i gave blood 7 weeks ago and the blood mobile won't let me donate again till end of september another thing is i just noticed my anastrozole script is now .5 mg and i believe it was .25 before not sure if they sent the wrong dose im going to set up blood work this week its hard cause i don't have a doctor here and not sure if i can get appointment to get labs done without a primary doctor

Back