Dad has prostate cancer & takes Zytiga which reduces his testosterone to 0 effectivel

Dirkmcgirk

Dad has prostate cancer & takes Zytiga which reduces his testosterone to 0 effectivel

Is there any anabolic compound i can ask his cancer doctor or a TRT clinic to prescribe him to get him some of what he is missing from not having testosterone? For those who may not know, cancers doctor have a wide held belief that the best way to treat prostate cancer is to make test non existent. There have been recent studies that suggest this may in fact be the wrong approach, but these studies are "experimental" and 99% of urologist/oncologist would never dare to venture off the typical protocol.

I know how i felt when my test was 400 at 34, so i can only imagine what he must feel having zero test at 78. Is there anything you guys would recommend him ask a doc for be it an oral or injectable to counteract not having test?

I also am asking him to request the doc put him on a vitamin C IV protocol as an alternative approach to curing his cancer

MENT (Trestolone) may actually be the best thing imo , as it mimics testosterone in the body and gives you all the benefits of testosterone but it does not convert to DHT or act on the prostate at all. Its the only compound that can be ran in AAS without a testosterone base (again because it works as testosterone in the body)
unfortunately its not FDA approved. It was made originally as a male form of birth control , but the side effects of gaining too much muscle mass and being 10 times more anabolic then testosterone derailed it.

it can still be legally purchased though , in an injection form, pill form, or a cream (just like testosterone cream). Until it ultimately gets 'banned' as a scheduled drug.

his doctor can't prescribe it being its not an fda drug , but he could still use it as a 'supplement'

MENT (Trestolone) may actually be the best thing imo , as it mimics testosterone in the body and gives you all the benefits of testosterone but it does not convert to DHT or act on the prostate at all. Its the only compound that can be ran in AAS without a testosterone base (again because it works as testosterone in the body)
unfortunately its not FDA approved. It was made originally as a male form of birth control , but the side effects of gaining too much muscle mass and being 10 times more anabolic then testosterone derailed it.

it can still be legally purchased though , in an injection form, pill form, or a cream (just like testosterone cream). Until it ultimately gets 'banned' as a scheduled drug.

his doctor can't prescribe it being its not an fda drug , but he could still use it as a 'supplement'

Santa might have a little vial of primo under the tree for you being so helpful. Thanks bro

Fucking stupid. My own doctor takes the same drug. Needless to say he's anti-TRT and thinks testosterone is the devil and is the cause for his prostate cancer. Only problem is that BS was debunked years ago. I went in pursuing TRT and had test levels of 299 ng/dL at 23 years old. He tried to use scare tactics on me to which I replied with a stack of RECENT articles, medical journals, and studies disproving everything he said. He refused to read them and assured me he knows what he's talking about and low T is NOT the reason for me feeling like dog shit. I can't believe people are still prescribed that.

Estrogen is the culprit in prostate issues.....

Fucking stupid. My own doctor takes the same drug. Needless to say he's anti-TRT and thinks testosterone is the devil and is the cause for his prostate cancer. Only problem is that BS was debunked years ago. I went in pursuing TRT and had test levels of 299 ng/dL at 23 years old. He tried to use scare tactics on me to which I replied with a stack of RECENT articles, medical journals, and studies disproving everything he said. He refused to read them and assured me he knows what he's talking about and low T is NOT the reason for me feeling like dog shit. I can't believe people are still prescribed that.

Estrogen is the culprit in prostate issues.....

Time to get a new doctor.

Time to get a new doctor.

Oh I fired him on the spot. The next doctor was a female and when I showed her my blood work she asked why I got lh and fsh readings.....I told her because those indicate whether I am primary or secondary hypogonadal. She told me only women need lh and fsh. Almost facepalmed myself unconscious. It was that day I realized that doctors do not deserve the trust and respect they get from patients. Not to discredit the great things that some doctors do.

Oh I fired him on the spot. The next doctor was a female and when I showed her my blood work she asked why I got lh and fsh readings.....I told her because those indicate whether I am primary or secondary hypogonadal. She told me only women need lh and fsh. Almost facepalmed myself unconscious. It was that day I realized that doctors do not deserve the trust and respect they get from patients. Not to discredit the great things that some doctors do.

wow, good for you.

wow, good for you.

It was good to get rid of such an ignorant doctor....but not good in the fact that this is a common occurrence. It's not something I wanted to see/know.

Doctors' education does not end when they get the job. They have to stay up to date. Some of these doctors are running off the information they learned in the 70's and 80's when they got their degrees.

It was good to get rid of such an ignorant doctor....but not good in the fact that this is a common occurrence. It's not something I wanted to see/know.

Doctors' education does not end when they get the job. They have to stay up to date. Some of these doctors are running off the information they learned in the 70's and 80's when they got their degrees.

whatever happened to their Hippocratic Oath that they have, do no harm?? "primum non nocere,";

Last edited:
My story I can add to this is that my mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She did do chemo to just knock it down a bit and buy more time but the chemo weakened her. I asked the Dr, about oxandrolone. She said it had no place in cancer treatment. Nor was it good to treat the side effects of chemo.
I may be wrong she may be right. But My thought is, 5mg a day to just help with muscle wasting for a terminally ill patient cant be the worse thing.
But the Drs just dont budge on a thing and dont dont want to explore other possiblities.
Oh yeah and we asked about Vitamin C IV and that was shot down too!

My story I can add to this is that my mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She did do chemo to just knock it down a bit and buy more time but the chemo weakened her. I asked the Dr, about oxandrolone. She said it had no place in cancer treatment. Nor was it good to treat the side effects of chemo.
I may be wrong she may be right. But My thought is, 5mg a day to just help with muscle wasting for a terminally ill patient cant be the worse thing.
But the Drs just dont budge on a thing and dont dont want to explore other possiblities.

These fucking doctors are unnecessarily stubborn. it's ridiculous. my Dad's doctor is either gonna grant him these damn iv treatments or im gonna see full fucking well he just gets them done elsewhere.

what else can be used to help with wasting muscles?

Back