DEA was given master pass code to HUSHMAIL

Ive been using hush for awhile and I never have been asked to down load anything.
This is very interesting, good post bro

Behemoth said:
The java interface is the normal interface... you have to download the applet, etc etc, the encryption in this case is all done on your end. Your passphrase is never stored on their servers. Everything on their servers is encrypted, in this case.

See:

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/11/encrypted-e-mai.html#previouspost

Like I said - the javaless, web-based interface is for douchebags.

Behemoth said:
The thing I worry about is not if these idiots get caught, because it would be their own fault for using the less secure version. What I worry about is if we can tell whether the person we are sending or receiving emails from is using the secure version or not. If one of these guys gets in trouble and has some legal authority perusing the contents of their inbox, are they going to be able to read messages that people using the more secure accounts sent?

Well this is news to me
"However, installing Java and loading and running the Java applet can be annoying."
i mean, i could very well be an idiot ,,yet i have never heard of this, 0r down loaded anything,, and use many different puters thought out the week.

Anyway, so is here a way to know if your using the more secure version. and how do you install it?

on my ass lol

charmander said:
a moderator will chime in on this one to back me up because alot of u pay no more attention to me than u do the rambling drunken homeless person u see in the sub way with the Jesus loves you sign.

I Love what you said here man.LOL
Thats fuckin priceless bro.......Been laughing for 5 minutes. :D

Behemoth said:
You have no clue how hushmail works.

Yes, the idiots who used the web based version - your email is not safe, since your passphrase is on hushmail's servers. But if you use the java version, the encryption is done on YOUR END, so there is no way that the DEA can get into it.
Doesn't the person you're sending a message to need your key then?

---------------------------------------------
ALSO: The U.S. has agreements with several countries that they entered into post 9-11. Essentially, they can go so a business in Canada, U.K. and other countries and say "we have evidence that there's illegal activity going on with people using your system in the U.S." and the business has to hand over the means to get into these accounts.

DocJ said:
Doesn't the person you're sending a message to need your key then?

I'm not sure?

Anyway, I've heard two things - that hushmail can give access to accounts on a case by case basic, but conversely that even if they do give access, with the secure version, all the messages will be encrypted anyway, since hushmail doesn't have your passphrase.

So who knows...

Back